raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
does that answer your question??
Well, yeah... it has more functions, but that doesn't say anything about accuracy :(

I remember that no Android emu could correctly play Shin Megami Tensei 1's fusion animation, then came SNES9x EX by the .emu's author and well, that did the trick, and I'm sure that all the others out there probably still don't play it correctly.
That's why I held in high esteem the .emu emulators, I'm sure they strive for accuracy more than others.

for PSOne ePSXe is the answer, much better than FPSe
QFT. ePSXe is a no-hassle emulator. It just works, and it's faster than FPSE.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Well, yeah... it has more functions, but that doesn't say anything about accuracy :(

I remember that no Android emu could correctly play Shin Megami Tensei 1's fusion animation, then came SNES9x EX by the .emu's author and well, that did the trick, and I'm sure that all the others out there probably still don't play it correctly.
That's why I held in high esteem the .emu emulators, I'm sure they strive for accuracy more than others.

now that you bring that up.
I wanted a emu to play Starfox at the regular SNES speed and SNES9x EX is the only one I tried that could do that, all the other emus play the game faster than the game is supposed to, mainly because Starfox use a odd framerate for the SNES(like 15-20FPS while all the other games play at 60FPS)

Reactions: raulpica

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Totally just bookmarked this entire thread.

I totally wish I had a Galaxy, sadly I use a crappy old LG Tracfone with which I use my slide-out keyboard for controls. And it sucks. I can't press certain keys with others. For example, I use Nesoid, and play SMB3. For some reason, I can't run, jump, and go left. Works when I try to go right, but not left. Oh, and I can't really use any bluetooth controller to work.

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really, it's so effective? Could it run on my Galaxy S1 too?
Online play by any chance?

It basically runs every single game I throw at it at full speed on my Galaxy S2. I have multi-core rendering disable on my Galaxy S2, which means it's not even utilizing the full power of my phone's CPU and still getting full speed. I think it's very efficient. Might as well try it. I think it may run quite well on a Galaxy S.

clandestine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robert Broglia makes the best emulators for android (the .emu ones). Just do a search for his name on the play store. They are all rated 4.5 stars for good reason. Its nice having a set of emus with a consistent interface, such a high level of customization, and of course great performance.

While horribly outdated, the -oid series are solid for free emus. Had some compatibility issues with SNESoid though.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why anyone who cares about emulation is using SuperGnes when Snes9x Ex is on android is beyond belief. Its just superior emulation in every way. Its pretty much perfect in terms of speed, sound, graphics etc as you could get provided you have at least a 1ghz device.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone here run Dolphin on android at a reasonable speed?
The creators said that even the most high-end tablets are gonna struggle, but from what I have seen its getting there.
Sidenote

EMUS for android:
DraStic Ds emu
Snes9x EX
ePSXe
MY BOY!
PPSSPP
N64oid
REICAST (dream cast)

Reactions: zfreeman
D

Deleted User

SuperGNES is BY FAR the best SNES emulator for android IMO.
A fantastic interface and cover line up i the game directory.
Great functions etc.. worth the purchase on Google Play!

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SuperGNES is BY FAR the best SNES emulator for android IMO.
A fantastic interface and cover line up i the game directory.
Great functions etc.. worth the purchase on Google Play!

Are you affiliated in anyway to SuperGNES? Its bloody awful! lol Apart from the boxart which is nice its worse in every possible way to Snes 9x Ex+ (which is based off Snes 9x 1.53 - which is without doubt the best PC emulator of SNES and as close to perfect as you are going to get)

Reactions: the_randomizer

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
For me, SuperN64 has the smoothest gameplay and best GUI of all the N64 emulators out for Android. As for lower systems, I enjoy:

DraStic for DS games
John GBC for Gameboy color
John GBA for Gameboy Advance
John NES for Nintendo
Super GSNES for Super Nintendo
FPSe for Playstation 1
AndieGraph for TI-calc games. Also makes a killer calculator replacement, for free. It's not even ad-supported! :)

I really don't use many other emulators, but these above are rock-solid and don't suffer any slowdown on my Galaxy S4 or Shield.

D

Deleted User

Are you affiliated in anyway to SuperGNES? Its bloody awful! lol Apart from the boxart which is nice its worse in every possible way to Snes 9x Ex+ (which is based off Snes 9x 1.53 - which is without doubt the best PC emulator of SNES and as close to perfect as you are going to get)

No.. I am not associated with the developers in any way.
I have absolutely no problems with the emulator at all, plus it has a lot of great features and a good UI.

I don't see how you can call it awful.

EDIT: Besides the minor price for the emulator I honestly don't have a problem with it.
I will however say I did enjoy SNES EX+ when I tried it 2 years ago.. but it has been awhile since I touched it.
Might give it another go to compare once again, and see if I can agree with you after all.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.. I am not associated with the developers in any way.
I have absolutely no problems with the emulator at all, plus it has a lot of great features and a good UI.

I don't see how you can call it awful.

EDIT: Besides the minor price for the emulator I honestly don't have a problem with it.
I will however say I did enjoy SNES EX+ when I tried it 2 years ago.. but it has been awhile since I touched it.
Might give it another go to compare once again, and see if I can agree with you after all.

The sound emulation, that's what's wrong with it. It doesn't use Blargg's cycle accurate S-SMP audio core, most games sound like garbage on the others, and yes, I've done testing between inaccurate and accurate S-SMP (also called the Sony SPC700 sound processor). It's based off of Snes9x 1.53, the one you have is likely based off of 1.51 or 1.43, which is before Byuu and Blargg implemented the cycle-accurate audio :D

Might do some ABX tests for Snes9x version Zsnes, which is what SuperGNES sounds like lol

D

Deleted User

I see.. it is true that the sound emulation is slightly delayed in Super GNES.

Is there a way to get vibration feedback from display buttons when pushed in SNES EX+?

I am not a fan of the SNES EX+ interface at all, and the screen buttons are more Genesis/Mega Drive'ish..

Any way to change it?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see.. it is true that the sound emulation is slightly delayed in Super GNES.
Is there a way to get vibration feedback from display buttons when pushed?

I am not a fan of the SNES EX+ interface at all, and the screen buttons are more Genesis/Mega Drive'ish..

Any way to change it?

There's also Snes9x Next through RetroArch Android, not sure about the UI though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol