Android The best android tablet 2012/13

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 (the note 10.1 is probably out of your budget)
The galaxy tab, really? Samsung completely ignore their tabs when it comes to updates. The Nexus 7 is cheaper and better imo. Better specced too.

zackfiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In my opinion, none of them. Just buy a netbook and you'll have no restrictions, an colossal selection of games, and programs that enable maximum efficiency in your work.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The galaxy tab, really? Samsung completely ignore their tabs when it comes to updates. The Nexus 7 is cheaper and better imo. Better specced too.
custom roms...
its cheaper because its a 7" screen, this is a 10.1"
and better spec is just a matter of opinion, sure in benchmarks it says it performs better but real world usage says otherwise (ie. pretty much the same/no noticeable difference)
but anyway the note 2 is miles ahead of both, there is also the TF700T (well probably the TF301T given the budget)

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
I have looked at all of these the nexus is tempting but the size of the screen just doesn't cut it for me. so the samsung tab 2 eh? hmmm is there no other tablets out there that are good?

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have looked at all of these the nexus is tempting but the size of the screen just doesn't cut it for me. so the samsung tab 2 eh? hmmm is there no other tablets out there that are good?

How about the Nexus 10? It's 10", and a lot more powerful than all other tablets.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
In my opinion, none of them. Just buy a netbook and you'll have no restrictions, an colossal selection of games, and programs that enable maximum efficiency in your work.
A colossal selection of games no netbook can adequately run all of which cost more than Tablet games do normally.
Android has very few restrictions on what you can do with it.
Who said this was for work at all?
Basically: Shut up.

Nexus 7 or Nexus 10 are definitely the best bets for hackability, specs and price at the moment (until the rest of the Tablet world wakes up and stops overpricing). The Kindle Fire is quite a nice device as well. Problem with that is that there's a lot of rooting to do before it opens up. No idea how the custom ROM scene is for it either.

Reactions: R4Liam

Zorua

I'm not a furry.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with the Kindle Fire HD is that it's locked down as hell, and it's basically a digital marketplace. I'm pretty sure there are no custom roms for it, since they haven't been able to unlock the bootloader yet. Last time I checked, they were working on a second bootloader, which launches after the first one's done booting. This was implemented in quite a few devices and worked wonders. Anyway, it's a dual core device and costs the same as the Nexus 7, so Nexus 7 all the way. :P

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is the asus TF301T, acer a700, and the galaxy note 10.1
the asus one I would recommend more and also you can buy the keyboard dock to turn it into netbook

I cant recommend nexus devices simply because the no microsd sucks, and also they cut corners in hardware quality (poor battery life, overheating, poor build quality, along with a few other things) the quick updates from google mean nothing since you can plop a custom rom on just about every tablet out there (heck my aging acer A500 got a custom rom of android 4.2, 1 day after google released it for nexus devices), and the price as I said may be cheaper then other devices but they cut corners to meet that price, its not about "when will the rest of the tablet world wake up and stop overpricing" those companies actually give you a solid piece of equipment, you get what you pay rings true (most of the time anyway)
lg makes the nexus 4, asus makes the nexus 7, samsung makes the nexus 10

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist