Hacking The ban, what is known... That everyone's ignoring. The FACTS

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone banned for installing those "legit CIAs"? in on a non cfw 3ds? im betting that it might have something to do with it. if you have more then one of thos games like mario kart 7 and new super mario 2 gold ed then it would be easy for nintendo to check and then ban you

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there anyone without NNID that has been banned? I've got 2 console, both A9LH, one with NNID banned and one without NNID not banned. Both freeshop, but i only downloaded updates. Everything was on (spotpass, sharing title)

ArmoredGuns1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are rumors that the bans are triggered by people using versions of Luma higher than 6.6, since later versions use patches that trigger the ban.

videogamefanatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh right, the original author of freeshop was some guy that got banned right?... I downloaded a few things from freeshop 3.0 and I am currently banned, but I highly doubt freeshop 3 is the sole reason behind my ban, I've been using CFW and other stuff for quite some time now.

To make matters worse I had spotpass info crap enabled for some reason. (Most likely left them enabled after I switched to a9lh from rxtools) and forgot to turn them off.

I had it coming, what can I say? :/
Not sure if he got banned, but he definitely got vanned.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They have a couple tricks up their sleeves, I have SpotPass turned off (that includes automatic system downloads and sending of system information) and they were still able to download titles and info to my console without my permission, imagine my face when I opened up my n3DS and faced a notification and a new icon saying that the Youtube app was already available.
If they can do that shit, then they probably have way more up their sleeves than we think, just don't think you're safe... no one is.
Also, 11.4 + boot9strap and not banned.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've not banned yet :unsure:

B9S, all services set ON, Luma > Emunand
Inject home menu homebrew to H&S, NZ.
Ciangel 3dsx homebrew
Test on cartridge Pokemon Moon.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh for the love of god. The misinformation going around is nuts. People are repeating what others said time and time again.

All firmwares have been affected, all CFWs have been affected, It doesn't matter if it's Freeshop installed or not, it doesn't matter if Spotpass is off or not, it doesn't matter if you aren't banned at the moment since you might be banned right now without you knowing it.

If you don't have the tools or the know how to actually analyze these kind of things,
please shut the hell up with your speculations until the people WITH these tools actually ask for info.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are rumors that the bans are triggered by people using versions of Luma higher than 6.6, since later versions use patches that trigger the ban.

Interesting. Was that being discussed here in the 150+ page thread, or elsewhere? That would fit my situation, still on A9LH, still on 6.6. Just haven't had time to deal with changes recently - I'm a busy grownup. Think I'll go play some MK7 and see what happens. Not playing out of fear is the same as a ban, so might as well.

EDIT: Nope, it's not about Luma versions higher than 6.6. They got me LOL.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

marbles73

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Interesting. Was that being discussed here in the 150+ page thread, or elsewhere? That would fit my situation, still on A9LH, still on 6.6. Just haven't had time to deal with changes recently - I'm a busy grownup. Think I'll go play some MK7 and see what happens. Not playing out of fear is the same as a ban, so might as well.

EDIT: Nope, it's not about Luma versions higher than 6.6. They got me LOL.
Is it stable 6.6 or nightly?

plushpuff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i went buck wild with all 3 of my consoles, none of them have thus far been banned.

two are US n3ds xl, one running boot9strap and the other running armloader9hax, both on 11.4, though the one running al9h was just updated today. both have a lot of freeshop use and had all the information sharing stuff enabled. the third is an o3ds xl running al9h on 11.3, also with typical freeshop usage.

i dont really understand how all of my consoles flew under the radar, by all accounts they shouldn't have.

Reactions: gamefan5

ninja_035

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could it be the installation of VC injects? Nintendo could be reading that you are playing a game that they haven't released, or maybe even a rom hack of a game.

Reactions: elrayo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the...