• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,018
  • Replies 0
  • Likes 2
D

Deleted User

OP
The 5.5.2 system update was released a few days ago, and patches the browserhax exploit used to access homebrew. This here thread is designed to guide you on what to do about the update.

If you are on a lower firmware:
5.5.0/5.5.1: Alright! You're on the perfect firmware. Buy a DS VC game, install haxchi (or CBHC), and then update!

5.3.2/5.4.0:
You have access to some homebrew. Some will work, others won't. It's advised to update to 5.5.1 from here. Here's a list of games that have the 5.5.1 update:

Paper Mario Color Splash
Skylanders: Imaginators​
Just Dance 2017​
Minecraft: Story Mode - The Complete Adventure​
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero​
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild​
Darksiders: Warmastered Edition​
Cars 3: Driven to Win​

Anything lower than 5.3.2 or other firmwares: You will have to update to 5.5.0/5.5.1 if you want any (good) homebrew. Here's a list of games that have the 5.5.1 update:

Paper Mario Color Splash
Skylanders: Imaginators​
Just Dance 2017​
Minecraft: Story Mode - The Complete Adventure​
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero​
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild​
Darksiders: Warmastered Edition​
Cars 3: Driven to Win​

If you are on 5.5.2:
You're fucked. You can either wait for a new exploit, or a buy a new Wii U.

Damn it! Is there anything I can do on 5.5.2?
The absolute most you can do is vWii hacking. Find an exploit game, and then install Homebrew Channel from there.

I'm buying a Wii U. Will any consoles come with 5.5.2?
You have a very low chance of finding one with 5.5.2. Wii U's from GameStop or the like will come with 5.5.X or lower. Pre-owned/Refurbished Wii U's have a slight chance of coming with 5.5.2 (refurbished more than pre-owned).

This thread will be updated with more info! Be sure to check the stickied guides for extra info!

Reactions: themyst and antiNT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/gnXkwfS got this because it shows v draws also