Gaming The 3DS is the king of vaporware...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How often does this actually happen?

This isn't a rhetorical or loaded question; I'm just honestly curious.

Developers aren't to careful about destroying their devsystems and beta builds.
A lot has leaked into the wild.
XDK's, DVT's even Alpha towers (computer hardware that exists a year before the console is even finished prototyping)
Mostly, the debug/dev hardware contains a lot of data on the HDD/carts.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
This. There is a serious drought of games right now and it amazes me how since launch, the 3DS has just as many cancelled projects as games available on the system. It's ridiculous how they like to take advantage of 3Ds owners hype.

The Ultimate Hype Bomb would be if they cancelled Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS now this is something it'd completely piss 3DS owners and casual customers because it's what they always wanted and then for Nintendo to take that away from them would've meant loss of sales and fans too (no more future Nintendo purchases).

MyJoyConRunsHot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
...As well as info I got from an email from VD-Dev regarding Ironfall:
yes its still in development,
we'll communicate the release date when the game is 100% finished.
we stop communication with twitter/facebook because we have no time (we are a very small team),
and every hour is important now to finish the game ;)
Some one on youtube(presumably emailed them aswell) issued info about an update around this month or next month.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Behold, the 355th cancelled 3DS game...
Metroid For The Nintendo 3DS Was In Development And Was Cancelled
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/1...ndo-3ds-was-in-development-and-was-cancelled/

This news is recent, but the event happened before Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon was put into development, as evidenced by them saying it was scrapped in favor of Luigi's Mansion. Meanwhile, an interview with Nintendo after E3 this year reveals that they have plans for both 2D and 3D Metroid in the future. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a feeling that a 2D Metroid would be destined for the 3DS.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mega Man Legends was canned, Ironfall looks very interesting and makes me want to think what would come into fruition if Epic Games were to to work on a Gears like game for the 3DS.

Rodea the Sky Soldier is still on as far I know and looks very promising if the developers can tap into the New 3DS's upgraded hardware if more power is needed for enhanced versions.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mega Man was canned as series altogether on all platforms, no more Mega Man games until further notice from Capcom.

Besides there's so many 3DS games that are worth playing already out on the system, I can think of 30 retail games that worth playing on the 3DS (some of which you can spend 100+ hours on) and that's not mentioning eShop games, backwards compatible DSi games, DSiWare games and future unreleased/unannounced 3DS titles.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Mega Man was canned as series altogether on all platforms, no more Mega Man games until further notice from Capcom.

Besides there's so many 3DS games that are worth playing already out on the system, I can think of 30 retail games that worth playing on the 3DS (some of which you can spend 100+ hours on) and that's not mentioning eShop games, backwards compatible DSi games, DSiWare games and future unreleased/unannounced 3DS titles.
If Legends was out, it'd be 31 games!

Damn you Crapcom!!

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Regardless if the 3DS is the King of vaporware...it's still also the King of handhelds the competition is not even close.

No need for fancy HD graphics when you've got great software, innovative hardware and an all-in-one package in a handheld gaming console that's just fun and friendly to use for everyone.

But I'd really it if some more new games get announced after the New Year in preparation hype for the New 3DS release in North America and Europe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-