lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Lookout, I confess, I couldn't understand 90 % of what you were saying last night, but I was coherant enough to appreciate your efforts to help, thank you very much.

I'am sorry mthrnite about last night, I was miserable
wacko.gif
myself (can't sleep and end up here)
and I hope everythings work out for you - take care your self and your children...

As long your here, we never leave you!!
smile.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Sage advice GameGeezer,
I do think there is a light at the end of this, however it runs it's course with my wife. I'm a high school dropout, not an idiot mind you, but have been guilty of pretending my lack of formal education didn't matter. Turns out, I think a lot of my problems are rooted in the low self-esteem of seeing my friends surpass me tidily over the years because they actually went through that fire and forged themselves into the community and it's standards. I probably would have went back to school a long time before now, but got caught up in a marriage and kids.

The wrong taks I tooks by not completing school put me on a path that led me to being a father, but maybe not as good of a father and husband as I could have been. Taking these steps towards education, I think, will not only make me more desirable to my wife, or future mate, but more importantly to myself.

I have a good doctor, she basically saved my sanity by prescribing meds that corrected a glaringly wrong part of my life. So seeing her now is a good idea, and I will do that.

Thanks for your advice. I understand what you say about relying on the "online world", but they are not my only supporters right now. However, they are very important, and like you, do help quite a bit. I can't pretend I'll do everything right, but I'm trying, and you good folks here are helping a lot. An extended family is a valuable thing.

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, doublepost wierdness..

Anyway, don't sweat it Lookout, like I said, I was having a hard time walking much less reading, so your lovely prose that I always enjoy was beyond my powers to comprehend. I still say thank you!

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Just a little update: My wife should be calling any minute to tell me she's off work and off to her mom's for the weekend. I'm gonna try to hold my cool for the whole weekend. The boys are here with me and we're playin' blocks, watchin' cartoons and eatin' the hell out of a bowl of grapes. All this goodness might change tonight at some point, but I'm holding firm on doing my best to enjoy them and get to bed early... well, don't know if I can do that last thing, but I got a season of Aqua Teen HF waitin for me, and some back programs of the Pen Jilette show, and a little bit of a hankering to play some hard Oendan tonight, so I'm gonna try to keep busy with fun stuff.

I talked to a very knowledgable friend today, and she gave me a lot of confidence that I'm gonna be able to keep my oldest down here for school when it starts next year. That lifted me up a lot. If I can keep focused on them and not on losing the woman I love, I think it'll go a lot better for me. My sense of humor is starting to come back a little, and that's been a rare beast indeed lately.

So, here's hoping I'm on a legitimate upswing. I know from experience that the floor has a tendancy to drop, but I think last night taught me a few things about keeping my fingers strong so I can at least hold on to the edge when it goes.

Thank you good people for making me feel part of the larger whole around here. You seriously gave me a lot of strength and wisdom. I am in your debt.

So here's a dollar!
dollar.jpg

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
It´s so good to hear that my friend!
I really hope you can keep your children,´cause I don´t think that anyone will want to separate two little brothers, maybe you can keep both, it will be so awesome
smile.gif

And, if you don´t mind, I´ll change that dollar for some grapes
tongue.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... keep going strong, Mthrnite.

I can't empathize much, but a girl, who I've loved for 3 years, is going out with my best friend. :'(

I know I'm 13 and violated COPPA laws when I joined this March, and "have my whole life ahead of me", but I thought I should let you know that I feel your pain to some extent and that I'm not just throwing out random words hoping they will make you feel better.

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Lag: too late, ate the grapes
frown.gif

Linki: I said it before and I'll say it again.. Pain is local, and three years is a long time... sorry buddy.
I don't take you any less seriously in your kind words and thoughts just because you're young. Believe that!

mthrnite

So it goes.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
sorry but why are you posting this on a games website ????

Because I've seen what some of the folks on here have done for others, and I've been a part of helping one or two people here myself.
I created the topic to sincerely thank the community for what they had done for me.
I apologize for inappropriate posts I've made. I haven't been contacted by any moderators except to show support themselves.
At any time they deem this topic inappropriate I have no problem with them warning me or deleting the topic altogether.
So far I've been lucky that most people posting give a damn.
..and most people interested in gaming tend towards the gaming forums, not the off-topic chat forum.

I can't think of anything else atm, was that a good enough answer?

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sorry but why are you posting this on a games website ????
This isn't a website, it's a community. Imagine a few guys meeting to play skat for a few years. Sure, they might meet to play the game but they'll also become good friends and talk about personal things, politics and everything else. The same thing is happening here. This might be virtual but it still involves real people.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
This isn't a website, it's a community. Imagine a few guys meeting to play skat for a few years. Sure, they might meet to play the game but they'll also become good friends and talk about personal things, politics and everything else. The same thing is happening here. This might be virtual but it still involves real people.
*standing ovation* Someone get this guy a cookie
happy.gif
And throw in a few for mthrnite + the kiddies while you're at it
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la