• Poll closed .

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
The 3DO and Jaguar were both potential of really great games but unfortunately, both were plagued by lack of titles and just plain bad titles. The 3DO did have some pretty fun games though so I had to vote for the Jaguar.

The 3DO lack of titles? Here's a top 40 list: http://www.retro-sanctuary.com/TOP 40 3do GAMES.html

The 3DO had plenty of games. It was the first platform to many series still going today. It was expensive, that's the only thing that really killed it.

Now the M2 was a complete bust.

I would call the top 4 the lovable losers. And, outside of the first party titles, the N64 had an average game library, at best.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Around half of the titles released were Japan only and Europe had a very small number or releases. Of what was left, there were many CD-i "edutainment" titles that I don't count as games. Even though it has many more games than the Jaguar I don't think saying it has a lack of them is misleading at all.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Possible delay on tomorrow's post.

I have it written, but I'm going to be driving to Toronto tomorrow morning. I'll try to post it at an OnRoute or something.

On a related note, if anyone is going to LevelUp in Toronto Friday I'll be there showing off my game(s). :)

Reactions: TripleSMoon

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible delay on tomorrow's post.

I have it written, but I'm going to be driving to Toronto tomorrow morning. I'll try to post it at an OnRoute or something.

On a related note, if anyone is going to LevelUp in Toronto Friday I'll be there showing off my game(s). :)

Showing off your games? Do tell!

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Showing off your games? Do tell!
I'm in the final semester of a video game dev program at Algonquin College in Ottawa.

I will be showing off my final project Eutheria - a fantasy RPG where the main players are animals. For the game I'm a programmer and artist, and my main focus was as graphics languages programmer. I'm hesitant to show this because it's an old build before we polished it up in the last month, but you can play an early alpha online here. Basically there's tons wrong with it and don't judge me.

I'm also going to be showing off my mobile games.

Super Caveman Bash - which is currently free on Android's Play Store and Apple's App Store - is a forced runner where you play a caveman escaping a mecha-dino operated facility on the moon. I'm also going to show off a game I'm currently working on called The Peggiverse - a brick breaker with a twist that's releasing hopefully next month - all made in Unity. For those games I was a programmer, designer, and primary artist. These games have been my main focus as they're 'give me a job!' kind of material.

I wish I had a build of Peggiverse up to play as it's a very good game. But you can satiate your curiosity with some screenshots.

Here's two levels from the Aztec/Jungle World:
WN57scD.png
oPWQJ0F.png

And here's a level from the Viking/Ice/Snow World where the game board is a Viking's beard:
572Yvfm.png

I'll let you guys know when The Peggiverse is out and might hand out some promotional codes.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I had tons of fun with that game -- in multi-player especially. I would capture my own flag and go bury it off at the edge of the map or just joyride with it around my friend's base for lulz. The PS1 version was watered down because of missing music and cutscene video as well as the lack of the cool laughing skull death screen.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hell yeah!
Road Rash and Return Fire were almost worth the price tag of the 3DO! The PS ports of both were (albeit, watered down) still great, as were the other 3DO titles I can think of that got ported.
...the only Jag title I can recall that got ported was Tempest 2000/Tempest X, which was far superior on the PS!

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
TBH I flipped a coin to decide between the 3DO and the Jaguar based on the fact that no-one I have ever met either had or wanted either of them.

At least the Saturn was not massively disrespected - Thank goodness, I don't have time to visit you all and burn down your houses.

T

the_raging_snorlax

Until only a few years ago I was barely aware that the Saturn existed. Before that I thought it was just Nintendo and Sony at the time. Given that all three were great consoles and I've never heard of the other three I'm just not going to vote. If I did vote I'd probably pick the Playstation because I personally have had very little enjoyment on it (not that I would ever call it a sucky console).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker