Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
No you can't. To install wads, you have to have a cIOS, so it's not something you can do real quick.
I assume this is because you want to install a wiiware/virtualconsole thingie, but youre not allowed to softmod the wii? Best thing you could do is just install everything like you normally do (hackmii installer etc.), install the wads, and then just remove the homebrew channel from the wii.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I've never had to actually hide a softmod before, but I've given it some thought because my old office building had a game room with a wii, and I came up with a pretty simple gameplan to have a hidden usb-loader... unfortunately I was so busy with work that I never even saw the game room but only heard of its existence, so I never had a chance to execute my plan.

Softmod the Wii like normal (by normal I mean by using ModMii), then install a usb-loader forwarder dol as a priiloader file and have it set to load the installed file at startup. Then delete any channels that indicate the Wii's been softmodded (ie. homebrew channel, usb-loader forwarder channel, etc.). Now when as SD Card or hard drive with a usb-loader saved on it is inserted in the Wii when it powers up, it will load the usb-loader... but when it isn't found then the wii starts up like normal and there is no way for the average joe to know its been softmodded. Without resoftmodding, the only way to know it's been softmodded already is by holding reset as the wii is powering on to access priiloader, but the type of people who don't want their Wii's modified generally won't know things like that anyways.

PS. wiimod has an ahbprot enabled wad manager, so u don't need to install a cIOS to install wads

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The problem with all those ahbprot apps is that they need to be started with ahbprot. Does any exploit do that? You need either HBC or a cIOS to install trucha signed or not signed WADs, correct me if i'm wrong. To install signed WADs, you only need to run WAD Manager somehow.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
XFlak said:
You're correct, none of the exploits launch with ahbprot rights; however you forgot to mention the last way to install WADs (without the HBC or a cIOS)... and that is using cboot2

Yes i forgot about that. But for that you need either BootMii boot2 or BootMii IOS. Hmm, if that Wii is BootMii boot2 capable, this might be the way to go, as far as i know BootMii boot2 can be uninstalled without a trace. BootMii IOS however is some kind of cIOS.

Luna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wabsta said:
No you can't. To install wads, you have to have a cIOS, so it's not something you can do real quick.
I assume this is because you want to install a wiiware/virtualconsole thingie, but youre not allowed to softmod the wii? Best thing you could do is just install everything like you normally do (hackmii installer etc.), install the wads, and then just remove the homebrew channel from the wii.

Yep ^^.

So HackMii Installer on SDHC card (One I also use for those Flascards) With an SD Adapter (Like the flascard but then the excactly like a SD Card. Where I can plug in that little card). Put HackMii installer in it then the move those .WAD files to the Wii. Finally remove the HB Channel?

BTW all other post above here:

I have no idea what your all talking bout
unsure.gif
Lots of unexplained terms to me =3.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiPower said:
XFlak said:
You're correct, none of the exploits launch with ahbprot rights; however you forgot to mention the last way to install WADs (without the HBC or a cIOS)... and that is using cboot2
Yes i forgot about that. But for that you need either BootMii boot2 or BootMii IOS. Hmm, if that Wii is BootMii boot2 capable, this might be the way to go, as far as i know BootMii boot2 can be uninstalled without a trace. BootMii IOS however is some kind of cIOS.
Yea, but its impossible to run the latest hackmii installer without also BootMii @ IOS (it's installed silently in the background before the first menu appears). Older versions of the installer (v0.6 and below) won't automatically install bootmii @ IOS, but it also won't work on 4.3 SMs.

@Luna, what do you want to accomplish? Be specif... keeping in mind that most people here are not going to help you pirate

Luna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
WiiPower said:
XFlak said:
Yea, but its impossible to run the latest hackmii installer without also BootMii @ IOS (it's installed silently in the background before the first menu appears). Older versions of the installer (v0.6 and below) won't automatically install bootmii @ IOS, but it also won't work on 4.3 SMs.

@Luna, what do you want to accomplish? Be specif... keeping in mind that most people here are not going to help you pirate

That I do not need help with ;d.

BTW I had 2 Wii's but 1 broken and send in for repairs but I got a brand new one however those stuff I bough from Wii-Shop wasnt on there so I want to Hack it back ;D.

I just need to Hack it the easiest way, then for it only to install those games I bought on my former Wii.

Also after I managed to install those games I want to remove the hack completely. I dont even want to run it in the background.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
An installed cIOS doesn't run in the backgound, it's just there on your nand and only started when something specifically calls it. Why do you want to remove the hacks? If you install one WAD, nintendo can see that it is not a valid content, if that's what you are concerned about.

Luna

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
An installed cIOS doesn't run in the backgound, it's just there on your nand and only started when something specifically calls it. Why do you want to remove the hacks? If you install one WAD, nintendo can see that it is not a valid content, if that's what you are concerned about.

Well I bought that content before so In my eyes it should be valid.
I tried to get it directly from nintendo themselves after I found out that my games were gone.

They told me that they can't realy do anything anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 50% closer to getting my teeth fixed +3