Question Temporary "Well-Known Member" Title appearing?

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When viewing the 'This Week in Gaming: March 1' thread, I noticed my title temporarily changed from 'GBAtemp Regular' to 'Well-Known Member'. It then changed back to 'GBAtemp Regular' upon refreshing the page. Is this something anyone else has ever experienced?

well at least I had my few seconds of apparent fame

Attachments

• title.PNG
    title.PNG
    3.4 KB · Views: 211

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That also happened to me once, but I didn't noticed it until I clicked on another thread, then I saw it for a brief second

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like it's a user title rather than the rank (eg Member, Reporter), which I think has always done something like this, unless it's custom set.

You know, a "Well-known Member" rank could work somehow, to show appreciation to dedicated non-staff tempers (best example I can think of is VinsCool) but would it do anything special?

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Seems like it's a user title rather than the rank (eg Member, Reporter), which I think has always done something like this, unless it's custom set.

You know, a "Well-known Member" rank could work somehow, to show appreciation to dedicated non-staff tempers (best example I can think of is VinsCool) but would it do anything special?
I actually wouldn't mind him becoming a contributor

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contributors, AFAIK, are basically for the news and reviews section, basically like reporters with less power. He contributes a lot to the site, but dunno if he'd want to be a news staff

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Contributor =/= long time members. Vinscool, though well known as he is, has posted maybe one news thread through his time on GBAtemp that I can recall, and no reviews. He's a good member, but that wouldn't be a role that fits at all.

Anyways, giving ranks to members sounds a bit elitist in a way, and who's to say which members get labeled by it or not? The medal system IMO is perfect for distinguishing people who've been on the site for a while and comment a lot and are a part of the site in general.

Reactions: CeeDee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1