Tempmas 2012 Week 4: Tell me what you want, what you really really want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Cliché, but still: received my Bachelor of Science degree (Mechanical Engineering). Not that it means much in terms of final graduation (I'm still studying for the Masters degree), but still something since now I'm about 60-70% done with my Uni studies. In regards to the degree, I'm probably gonna get a summer job situated in Shanghai because of the excursion I did there in September.

So all in all, getting forward in life and having a positive position for next year too. Can't beat that in my case, since the economy is what it is. Uncertainty is sure as hell, but at least the future isn't that uncertain anymore :3

Cius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My happiest memory this year is definitely being able to complete my new years resolution and finish off paying my whole school debt. It's been a tough 2 years after graduation but I finally was able to pay it all off through sheer will of saving and being cheap haha.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hard to choose, but one that resonated for several years and coming to pass happened this year in gaming: Max Payne 3's release. Maybe you have to be a fan of the games to know what this feeling is like, but it has been many years since Max Payne 2 and seeing Max again was a long time coming.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
My best memory of this year is the summer of it, taking a monthly trip to see a girl that I met on the internet and skyped for a while with. We agreed to meet up, visited four countries together during that time, and now I'm writing this from her house in Finland :) We've grown really close, in huge part thank to that trip.
Dya bone her .... damn couldnt resist.. sowwy.. :P

mrtimotei

No More Heroes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be honest... I've been so depressed this year, it's hard for me to tell what my happiest memory is of this year... I never thought I really would be happy, due to family, and money issues...
But, my older brother surprised me, when he bought me a Nintendo 64. Now, I know it's just a game console, but this mean a lot to me because when I was about 6 years old, we would always sit down, play it, and have the time of our lives. Everyday, it was a beat-em-up in Super Smash Bros., or a hunters game of Turok. I don't think I've ever had that much fun with any other game console in my life. He, eventually had to sell it, though, due to financial issues. I was extremely sad, but, he had to do it.
But, 10 years later, he walks into my room, holding a giant box. I ask him what it is, and he tells me to open it and find out. I carefully opened the package, and when I saw the N64 logo on the front, my heart skipped a beat... I continued to open it, and right before me was an N64. And then he held up another bag, which had 2 games in it, Super Smash Bros., and Turok. I couldn't believe he had actually gone out and bought another N64, with the same games we had back then (We obviously had more games than this, but these 2 stood out the most). When I went to go put the one of the games in, I could see myself from those many years ago, doing the same thing. And, just as expected, we probably had the most fun with it, compared to any of the other consoles we own. This is honestly why the Nintendo 64 stands out as the best game console, to me, and why it was my happiest moment in 2012.

Reactions: Cuelhu

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably answered already somewhere but what's the closing date for this contest, final draw date, etc? Need to pencil in my inevitable disappointment at the final result but I need to know if it's going on my current calendar or my new 2013 one.

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Every time we touched was the happiest moment for me. He's not around anymore, but those moments together were the most special.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Absolutely LOATHING English lessons and the 5-6 hour controlled assessments (of which there were about 5) then receiving my results to find out I only dropped about 7 marks out of 200. :blink:

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok this is very emotional but here i go... my top favorite moment last year (2012) was me and my ex from vancouver canada getting back together for 4 years i was angry havent talked to her cause she had a new bf but it felt like i was rotting inside about a month ago she said the relationship wasn't her choice her father (and him alone her mother disproved of it) set up an arranged marriage and said she always loved me i did yell at her/broke up with her 4 yrs ago but that was due to my bi polar not being diagnosed yet....anyway yesterday she said she wanted to marry me and i'll propose when I visit her

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my happiest memory maybe was this christmas, because of family coming together and celebrating. but something less cliche, well, realizing that Virtue's last reward was being released in Europe, and finally getting my hands on a copy.

but, There were a lot of happy memories like everyone else probably. but I guess the happiest memory would be being together with family and friends...
well, these ''happiest memory'' things indeed sound very cliche....

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I graduated this year, our dry grad was pretty fun, probably the most fun I've had all year... especially since I started university in the fall ;)

xbry23

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Happiest memory? Starting college! Glad to be done with high school :) no more waking up at 7 everyday XD plus dorm life is fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol