Tempmas 2010 results!

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's bullshit :/
I was on the last clue for 3 days, and it never came to mind to use a hyphen between TEMPMAS and 111084. I tried every combination of TEMPMAS and 111084 (using spaces and quotes). Now I learn that it changed, and the previous clue already had the hyphen in it?

I may be a sore loser, but that's unfair.

Congratulations to the winners either way
smile.gif

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Salamantis said:
I was on the last clue for 3 days, and it never came to mind to use a hyphen between TEMPMAS and 111084. I tried every combination of TEMPMAS and 111084 (using spaces and quotes). Now I learn that it changed, and the previous clue already had the hyphen in it?

smile.gif

The last clue clearly said what to use. What to use was found between quotations. It doesn't take much really.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Salamantis said:

smile.gif
At least you learn something ;-)

Is User 270000 still ...suspicious ?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! A free R4i Gold, it's better than all my other flash carts.
yaynds.gif

Thank you very much GBAtemp!

Anyways, here are my thoughts on the competition.
I finished the first day, and in around 2 hours. So I think it was way too easy. The only hard part was getting started, just like last year. Last year, you had to Ctrl-A the page to highlight everything, as the first clue was in invisible text. I couldn't figure that out then, so I didn't have a chance. As you can imagine, this year, I Ctrl-A'd every single page, hoping to find a clue, but it was futile. So yeah, after searching through every single damn page that mentioned Wood R4i Gold, I decided to go to Shoptemp and Filetrip. As luck would have it, I found the clue on Filetrip. After that, it seemed simple enough: Tempcast. I made the mistake of listening to Tempcast 17 (which looked suspicious), which just stated, "I ain't afraid of no ghost." So after an hour of searching through Ghostbusters release threads, I gave up for a while. Then I looked through the Tempcast again, determined to figure it out; I was prepared to listen through all if them if I had to. Luckily, I found Tempcast 12, which was obviously a clue. From there it was just a cakewalk. I had a little advantage of knowing the birthdays of shaun and Costello since I've been here a long time, but I admit it would have been harder for American people because they don't use the Day/Month/Year format for dates, so the number 2507 would have been meaningless to them. (No excuse for not knowing the nationalities and birth-dates of our admins however). When I finally completed the competition, I honestly thought I walked into a trap ending, because it was way too easy and I didn't think there were 15 total clues.

That being said, congrats to lolzed for the sexy 3DS, and CarbonX13 for the GBAtemp.net Supercard (obvious mystery prize if you ask me)!

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iSneeze said:
Salamantis said:

smile.gif

The last clue clearly said what to use. What to use was found between quotations. It doesn't take much really.
What? The answer was TEMPMAS-111084, but all they give you is TEMPMAS and 111084. The previous revision of the clue had the hyphen already clearly marked, yet there's no sign of it here.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pyrmon24 said:
You just had to figure it out?
But why would I have to figure out which of all the possible characters has to go between the two, whilst the ones that got there for the other clue revision have it already marked? Plus, the way the clue is worded, it doesn't even seem like there is anything between them, eg. TEMPMAS111084.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
ProtoKun7 said:
Hey lolzed, remember that favour you owe me...?
ninja.gif

Congratulations though.
hrth.gif

Realistically, the R4i was as high as I had expected to get, and I was also one of those that suspected a Tempcard would be the mystery prize.
yaynds.gif

The hunt was great fun, so thanks to those who arranged it.
smile.gif
I was actually the third person to finish. Once I managed to get the Tempcast clue (i.e. realising I had to download the logo) I shot through the rest of it. In total it only took me maybe 3 hours or so.

I admit, I did go an unorthodox way about the second clue though; I went to Another World's profile, and found the Tempmas version uploaded when I changed the URL to take me to Costello's profile.
laugh.gif

As soon as I had the Tempcast clue I immediately went to Episode 12 because I knew about it (I wasn't here for the 2008 competition, but I remember "I wonder what you'd see if you looked at the answer in the glossary"). I guess I know my way around here pretty well.
wink.gif

I may not have won, but I have more than enough to buy a 3DS when they're on general sale anyway, but thanks again for the competition. It was fun!
Atleast you won an R4i Gold...just like me!
grog.gif

Let's hope they find a way for it to be compatible with a 3DS!
smile.gif

ProtoKun7 said:
QUOTE(Fishaman P @ Dec 26 2010, 04:09 PM) Personally, I think this was rigged.

First of all, if I wanted to get flashcart files, I wouldn't go to Filetrip, I'd go to the manufacturer's website.
Second, if I got a $50,000 coupon for Shoptemp, I'd say "Holy crap, I've got a virus! I mean, shoptemp doesn't even ship anything anymore."

Just my 2 cents.
It wasn't rigged at all.
This is a GBAtemp Network competition, and the manufacturers aren't part of the network, while FileTrip is. The fact that ShopTemp doesn't ship (and the fact the previous clue said to use the coupon on a shop that isn't active anymore) should have been a clue in itself. Don't question the integrity of the competition just because you couldn't figure it out.
+1

Believe it or not, I was stuck for the longest time on the first clue. Once I had that figured out (took about 12 hours
smile.gif
) the rest of it was pretty easy. I was extremely lucky to have noticed that shaun's birthday was on 25th July the day before Tempmas opened. After that, it took a bit of searching to find that Costello's birthday was also on the same day.

Also, a note on Clue #13 in the official walkthrough of the OP. That thread was created by djgarf, not dice.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great competition! You guys had no idea how much I thought the "23217" part of the second clue (the file name) had to do with the hunt.
tongue.gif

Is there a list of all members who won? I thought there was in the past competitions, but I could be wrong.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Defiance said:
Great competition! You guys had no idea how much I thought the "23217" part of the second clue (the file name) had to do with the hunt.
tongue.gif

Is there a list of all members who won? I thought there was in the past competitions, but I could be wrong.

the list is in the first post

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Stevetry said:
Defiance said:
tongue.gif

Maybe he meant a list of everyone who finished the hunt?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pyrmon24 said:
Stevetry said:
Defiance said:
tongue.gif

That's what I think he meant.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i'm a little sad i didnt go on from the vpn site... i searched through the vpn site for a long time but then just left trying knowing the chances to win anything was low
still dedication won this event and congrats to all esp lolzed and carbon

new year competition?

PS - Is 3dstemp the only duplicate user?

EDIT: IMHO, i really believe Rowan deserves something... can we fill offers for him lol?

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ProtoKun7 said:
pyrmon24 said:
Stevetry said:
Defiance said:
tongue.gif

That's what I think he meant.
Well, is there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol