Hacking TempGBA: NDSGBA revival

Do GBA games make your nono parts happy?

• Total voters

Prof. 9

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Minish Cap is one of those games with EEPROM saves that may need to be byte-flipped in order for them to work (see this link). Some emulators expect byte-flipped saves, others expect normally formatted saves. I assume you uploaded the save from after the game re-initialized it in TempGBA. Try running the Perl program here on the original save (from VBA) to byte-flip it, then importing it into TempGBA.

T.K.D.

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everybody,
I have an issue with Golden Sun (E), which happens to crash every ~10min or so and I have to restart the 3DS XL (same with DSi XL) in order to continue a saved game.

Now, I'm entering the overworld for the 1st time and the game always feeze when the Djinn asks me to join the group. Does that also happens to the U-version or is the E-version to blame?

Thanks for any advices and merry christmas to all!

Edit: I meant "Golden Sun (D)".

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try fiddling with the settings like frameskip levels and such and see if you can find any improvements.
Golden Sun has always been a problem child, when it comes to emulators and this is no different, but I did believe it started running better as TempGBA evolved.

Reactions: T.K.D.

T.K.D.

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Great!I've just changed frameskipping to "[2] show 1 of 3 frames" and can surpass that critical point so the Djinn can join my team and I can move on! With this setting, the game also seems to run smothier than before and the sound doesn't crackle anymore at first sight.

Thanks a lot, Aeter! :D

viper_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Thanks for the great emulator. It seems miles better than the default one. However...

I'm encountering a problem with TempGBA where occasionally the sound will cut out completely, and as a result the game's speed will almost double. In order to get the sound back, I have to restart the emulator from the DStwo's main menu. It's almost like the emulator completely stops emulating the sound, and as such it can put more resources towards the graphics.

I'm running TempGBA 1.45 on a DStwo Supercard. The game I've encountered this problem with is Minish Cap, however that's the only one I've tried so far. Previously I've played Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission on the DStwo's default GBA emulator with no problems, however I found that NDSGBA didn't run Minish Cap very well which is why I switched over to TempGBA.

Last time the problem occurred, I went to the menu and made sure to fiddle around with all the settings to see if I could get the sound to come back, but to no avail. Adjusting the frameskip and CPU frequencies did nothing, as did toggling fast forward on and off, and also muting and unmuting the sound did nothing.

It's a confusing bug and nothing really spectacular is happening when the bug occurs. It's happened twice so far, and all I can really remember about when it happened was that I think I was moving from one screen to another where the music should change. Perhaps it's something to do with my ROM?

I'd appreciate any insight anyone could offer into this problem.
Thanks!

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hey guys :)
Im new to the dstwo so I'm still getting the hand of things. I was wondering how do I use cheats for this emulator. I know the have to be .cht and put in the cheats folder. Renamed to match the rom name. So I tried it with metroid fusion and i go in the game load my game and go into cheats, go to the bottom and select load file, I select the cheat file it shows me then what cheats are available but when i select a cheat what then? I just press back to the game and nothing happened, and sometimes i get like a red error screen on the bottom if i mess around too much with the cheats. Im a doing something wrong? help please :)

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TempGBA's cheat support is very broken, and the cheat GUI also is. The cheat packs I could find are all in broken characters; if there's a less broken cheat pack showing up, I might write code to support it. Right now, your mileage may vary, and yes, it's possible to crash the emulator.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
TempGBA's cheat support is very broken, and the cheat GUI also is. The cheat packs I could find are all in broken characters; if there's a less broken cheat pack showing up, I might write code to support it. Right now, your mileage may vary, and yes, it's possible to crash the emulator.
aha so basically the cheat packs need to be fixed plus the emulator needs to be edited to work. I understand its a lot of work its just a shame this emulator is amazing and all the games i tried work perfectly just the cheats dont work. but its not a deal beaker this emulator is the best and thank you for you hard work :)

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does compatibility compare to NDSGBA 1.4? Which emulator has the most accurate timing for games like Rhythm Tengoku or Mother 3's rhythm based battle system?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah, Advance Wars. Is this game plagued by glitchy scene transitions and missing text/instructions for everyone, or is it my dump?

GBA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with Zelda a link to the past. It seems to happen when I exit through a door way. It reboots to the "gameboy" splash screen. Then the game reboots with a ton of garble. I'm about an hour into the game and this has happened twice. Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice? I am running 1.45 on a 3ds xl. Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol