Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 3 Will Return In 2016

TWDS2Trailer-610.jpg

While the Michonne mini-series is off to a rather lackluster start, it seems Telltale fans only have one focus on their minds. What is going on with our beloved Clementine?

Speaking with Mashable, Telltale has confirmed that The Walking Dead Season 3 is in development and on the way. We learn more later this year, but the big news is that at least one episode will be out in 2016.

Because many players have upgraded or otherwise switched platforms, Telltale recognizes that it needs to improve its save porting. Choice is important in Telltale games, and having to replay earlier seasons on new platforms to get things just right is a bit of a drag.

Thankfully, a solution might be on the way. "We've got a strategy to help Season 3 players ... collect all their data from the previous games,” CEO Kevin Bruner told Mashable. “[W]e didn't have the cloud services in Season 1 that we have now. So we're going to have a solution for everybody that we're not talking about it yet."

:arrow: SOURCE

Telltale has been pulling out all stops and has a buffet of projects coming out this year. The real question now is can they keep up with the workload and continue to release episodes in a timely manner.

And the bigger question is, can they follow up on the harrowing events of Season 2 to the standards we expect of them?

Reactions: Supster131

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
HMMMM... I didn't think Clementine would be the main character again, seeing as how the second season ended

REAL SEASON 2 ENDING SPOILERS!!
You could either choose to go with Kenny or Jane, or kill one of them and proceed alone, I don't see how this might play out in the third season seing as the 4 different endings were different (plus if Clementine decides to go with Kenny she can choose to stay at Wellington or remain with Kenny, which in a way makes this a 5th ending).

Last edited by _v3,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HMMMM... I didn't think Clementine would be the main character again, seeing as how the second season ended

REAL SEASON 2 ENDING SPOILERS!!
You could either choose to go with Kenny or Jane, or kill one of them and proceed alone, I don't see how this might play out in the third season seing as the 4 different endings were different (plus if Clementine decides to go with Kenny she can choose to stay at Wellington or remain with Kenny, which in a way makes this a 5th ending).
Exactly, this is what makes me believe on why TT are taking a long time. They probably want to please everyone, no matter what ending they got. Which is great!

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Exactly, this is what makes me believe on why TT are taking a long time. They probably want to please everyone, no matter what ending they got. Which is great!
This would mean that they have completed most of it, even though if Clementine is the main character again I don't think we'll be seeing Jane or Kenny anymore.
Also dafuq happened Christa?? Are they gonna pull a surprise à la Kenny again??

Last edited by chavosaur,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would mean that they have completed most of it, even though if Clementine is the main character again I don't think we'll be seeing Jane or Kenny anymore.
Also dafuq happened Christa?? Are they gonna pull a surprise à la Kenny again??
Who knows? XD
Some people are theorizing that maybe the first episode will be different depending on the ending you got on S2. Then in episode 2, Kenny and Jane die, making Clementine being alone with the baby the true path.

Last edited by chavosaur,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Eh, I've yet to play Season 2 so this is a surprise. I'm guessing they'll make as many seasons as possible.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Yeah, let's keep the comments spoiler free. That said, it would be really hard for them to make season 3 follow season 2 since there were so many different endings. Granted, I HATE the ending that I chose (even though it was really the only logical one that I could pick at the time) so I would be really happy if we COULD expand on that so I don't feel so shitty.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Actually, now that I think about it... If it did use completely new characters, then they wouldn't have to talk about save porting at all. That's actually pretty good evidence that Season 3 WILL somehow be connected to 1-2.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First two seasons were great. I can't wait until season 3, but it must be a headache trying to fit together all of the available endings into a new season.. I'm assuming they're going to ditch most of the main story or do a timeleap based on the two major endings (you guys know what they are if you played).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.