Homebrew TehSkeen's Wii Coding Contest Downloads

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
OSW said:
Wow, i was expecting much more from this competition.

9 entries, mostly games... i expected at least one useful app.

This is a huge failure.

Most of the stuff released on wiibrew would win this contest by a mile.

That said, i'm talking about the comp overall, some of the entries are ok. Shooting looks decent.

I disagree.. this IS homebrew... some people even get into 3D programming, nothing equivalent on wiibrew

finally something different from hacking or emulation port
I guess most people here only want to play with ROMZ and BACKUPS and will consider anything else as failure
rolleyes.gif

for me, I see this as a big fresh air between all the "give me gamma why not work ?" flood

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I have mixed feelings, I loved the 3D and personally like the boring idea of the calculator, hope more small apps like that surface as it will help others develop better things quicker.

No one can sit and say the winners don't deserve the prizes without being in the competiton themselves it shows no respect for all the learning required for any of the entries imo.

I was hoping for some more apps, and some that manipulated or displayed things read from the wii nand differently and yes I am being vague
tongue.gif

Some of the games are top notch too.

People that think it was a let down must feel that they could given time do better, so really a poor turn out could encourage more learning coders for the next competition, or even just for something they want made.

I wish I had entered, but I know I wouldn't have won now seeing the quality of some of the entries.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I disagree.. this IS homebrew... some people even get into 3D programming, nothing equivalent on wiibrew

I guess most people here only want to play with ROMZ and BACKUPS and will consider anything else as failure

for me, I see this as a big fresh air between all the "give me gamma why not work ?" flood
100% agreed
tongue.gif

Still got to give +Respect to them, some of the coders ive spoke to and they didnt have much time with their projects, that's why some are pretty rushed and not complete
smile.gif
be bug fixes and extras to follow
smile.gif

still got to say some of these little game apps are miles better than any available on wiibrew... can only get better.

kashin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ofcourse they deserve respect, it's just not all that i and most others are hoped for. If not in quality then in quantity.
And the 3D Game is a port.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:

100% agreed
tongue.gif

Still got to give +Respect to them, some of the coders ive spoke to and they didnt have much time with their projects, that's why some are pretty rushed and not complete
smile.gif
be bug fixes and extras to follow
smile.gif

still got to say some of these little game apps are miles better than any available on wiibrew... can only get better.

will anyone create a nice PORTii Channel for puuuuuleaze? I freakin' love portal.

still alive DS is still better, but this is a good'n

if only they'd take out the compulsive rolling, can't I ever just stop moving!?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1