Team Xecuter reveal info on upcoming Switch modchip

SwitchTX.jpg

Just over a week ago, team Xecuter announced that they are working on a soon-to-be-revealed modchip for the Nintendo Switch. This was big news because modchip devices are usually used to circumvent anti-piracy measures on many digital platforms, but mainly gaming systems, and to see one already in the works for a machine that is only 10 months old is very rare.

Since then the team have been quiet, no one knows what the device will look like, how it will work, or when they can get their hands on one - but GBAtemp can exclusively reveal today that there will be BOTH a solder AND solderless option of team Xecuter's Nintendo Switch modchip.

Here is a direct quote from team Xecuter:

For now, I can tell you there is a solder and solderless version. We have quite a lot in the works, you will have more info soon.

The difference in pricing should be interesting in the two versions of the device, but at least you can now rest safely, knowing that the team will be providing options for whatever the Xecuter Switch modchip turns out to be.

Stay tuned to GBAtemp for more info in the upcoming weeks.

Attachments

• nintendo-switch.jpg
    nintendo-switch.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 172

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit, get hyped to pirate Switch games within a year of the console's launch!

With that and the emulator already in development, we'll pretty much kill the Switch's lifespan! Yay!

The TX chip doesn't release until Spring, so it'll be after the 1 year anniversary of the Switch launch. But still, that's pretty fast!

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Am I the only one thinking that there must be something more useful about the soldered version than the solderless one? Why even make a soldered version if the solderless one would work just fine? What do you guys think might be the disadvantage of the solderless version?

Pricing. They can charge up to $100 more for the solderless version while maintaining the soldered one as a cheaper option.

dinoson631

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys i have a feeling that this won't be any cheaper than $99 for soldered method and $149 for solderless method. I will be shocked if the solderless method is less than $99

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys i have a feeling that this won't be any cheaper than $99 for soldered method and $149 for solderless method. I will be shocked if the solderless method is less than $99

why would it be that much? considering the price points for their other products, I do not see it being that much.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would it be that much? considering the price points for their other products, I do not see it being that much.
Well, I think he might be right in terms of price difference soldered vs. solderless. Solderless is more complicated. I'm not surprised if they don't provide any kind of bricking warranty for the solderless considering those are always a bit sketchy. And for a system that's always on the move, unless you're riveting it to the motherboard, it's probably gonna come loose eventually.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Depends what's required... Programmer, glitch chip, nand. It COULD be USD$100+. It's all still speculation. It could also not require a glitch style chip or a programmer etc and could land at $50.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, I think he might be right in terms of price difference soldered vs. solderless. Solderless is more complicated. I'm not surprised if they don't provide any kind of bricking warranty for the solderless considering those are always a bit sketchy. And for a system that's always on the move, unless you're riveting it to the motherboard, it's probably gonna come loose eventually.
Not really, the switch already has a solder less nand setup.

Reactions: Don Jon

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

they don't provide any warranty with any of their products, this will be no diff. if you get a dud it's your fault, not theirs. I've dealt with tx a lot in the past and every issue is user error, even if it's a bad chip. ask @vb_encryption_vb, he'll tell you the same shit.

Depends what's required... Programmer, glitch chip, nand. It COULD be USD$100+. It's all still speculation. It could also not require a glitch style chip or a programmer etc and could land at $50.

Not really, the switch already has a solder less nand setup.
their glitch chips for the 360 ran around $20. they needed a programmer that would set you back between $20-30 but it was a one time thing. it also wasnt just for the glitch chip, you could use it to dump the nand too.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
You can simply unplug the current nand. It's clipped in.

they don't provide any warranty with any of their products, this will be no diff. if you get a dud it's your fault, not theirs. I've dealt with tx a lot in the past and every issue is user error, even if it's a bad chip. ask @vb_encryption_vb, he'll tell you the same shit.

their glitch chips for the 360 ran around $20. they needed a programmer that would set you back between $20-30 but it was a one time thing. it also wasnt just for the glitch chip, you could use it to dump the nand too.
you're already at $50.. with no dual nand solution. (And the nand flashers weren't 20-30 when they launched)

Last edited by Soluble,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can simply unplug the current nand. It's clipped in.
That's gonna make solderless a lot easier, than. It'll probably fit into the NAND slot, and have you clip the NAND over it.
If you'll be able to rivet it down or something, I'll say it might actually be as good as the soldered version.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
That's gonna make solderless a lot easier, than. It'll probably fit into the NAND slot, and have you clip the NAND over it.
If you'll be able to rivet it down or something, I'll say it might actually be as good as the soldered version.
i feel something like that would require a new back for the system. nintendo did a good job stuffing everything in. if it does need a new back, that will jack the price up.

Last edited by pbanj,
Reactions: Alex1234

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
i feel something like that would require a new back for the system. nintendo did a good job stuffing everything it. if it does need a new back, that will jack the price up.
Which I said in the previous thread, a new back is not ideal due to the dock thickness.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.