Team Xecuter reveal info on upcoming Switch modchip

SwitchTX.jpg

Just over a week ago, team Xecuter announced that they are working on a soon-to-be-revealed modchip for the Nintendo Switch. This was big news because modchip devices are usually used to circumvent anti-piracy measures on many digital platforms, but mainly gaming systems, and to see one already in the works for a machine that is only 10 months old is very rare.

Since then the team have been quiet, no one knows what the device will look like, how it will work, or when they can get their hands on one - but GBAtemp can exclusively reveal today that there will be BOTH a solder AND solderless option of team Xecuter's Nintendo Switch modchip.

Here is a direct quote from team Xecuter:

For now, I can tell you there is a solder and solderless version. We have quite a lot in the works, you will have more info soon.

The difference in pricing should be interesting in the two versions of the device, but at least you can now rest safely, knowing that the team will be providing options for whatever the Xecuter Switch modchip turns out to be.

Stay tuned to GBAtemp for more info in the upcoming weeks.

Attachments

• nintendo-switch.jpg
    nintendo-switch.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 173

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This
It can be patched at the factory level. iPatches are likely to wipe this out once its REed.

Do you mean it can be patched by Nintendo redoing the Switches inner workings? Is that what you mean by factory level? Because this all has to do with the fact that Switch uses the Nvidia Tegra X1, which is already in tablets and such, even if Nintendo patches it out somehow, it will still get hacked because it uses Tegra X1.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Solderless version will ad bulky shit to the Switch, solder-version will be a tiny solution inside the Switch. I'm definitely in for the solder-version.

D

Deleted User

Solderless solutions on a portable console is a bad idea for people that aren't capable of installing it themselves.
Actually, the switch being so small and the internals being so tight, I could actually see it not being much of a problem.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Solderless solutions on a portable console is a bad idea for people that aren't capable of installing it themselves.
That's why I'll make an ad thread where I will make solderless installs for $50.
I'll title it:
"Team Xecuter - The Switch has a tiny motherboard, I do Tiny solderless installs"

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This
Do you mean it can be patched by Nintendo redoing the Switches inner workings? Is that what you mean by factory level? Because this all has to do with the fact that Switch uses the Nvidia Tegra X1, which is already in tablets and such, even if Nintendo patches it out somehow, it will still get hacked because it uses Tegra X1.

ipatch is applied to the bootrom at the factory. We will see what TX unveils, but odds are its not as bulletproof as they claim. It is bulletproof on old hardware but that is few and far between for interest in this use, and these sisterboards (and especially loose dongles) are going to make that number smaller fairly quickly.

You're so full of shit...

We have found basically *no* exploits into Nintendo's kernel. Everything has been nVidia. We're going to run out of nVidia's shit sooner rather than later as Nintendo mitigates all of it out.

This is why ReSwitched and others are extremely cautious with giving away secrets.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
ipatch is applied to the bootrom at the factory. We will see what TX unveils, but odds are its not as bulletproof as they claim. It is bulletproof on old hardware but that is few and far between for interest in this use, and these sisterboards (and especially loose dongles) are going to make that number smaller fairly quickly.

We have found basically *no* exploits into Nintendo's kernel. Everything has been nVidia. We're going to run out of nVidia's shit sooner rather than later as Nintendo mitigates all of it out.

This is why ReSwitched and others are extremely cautious with giving away secrets.
This is ultimately true. Doesn't change the fact that a bold claim shouldn't be made. At least not so soon.

Reactions: Alex1234

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1