Team Sonic Racing leaked by Walmart (UPDATE: Official Trailer)

5f15f594336548928370675658d01c94_4.62ed8212db8acc154a8c3ed149e15779_thumb.jpg DebcaKwWsAAOnDx_thumb-1.jpg Debcb7uW4AAnv3M.jpg
Debca9gX0AAQwYZ.jpg

If one botched reveal leak wasn't already enough, Walmart appears to have leaked yet another game prior to its official announcement. The first time this happened was with Bethesda's Rage 2, and now, it looks like they've leaked the existence of the upcoming SEGA game Sonic Racing. Game descriptions, screenshots, and even boxart were accidentally available for the game, which had been teased the past few days on the Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter account.

Slated for release on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch, "Team Sonic Racing" is an upcoming racing game starring Sonic characters, as opposed to the Sega & Sonic All Stars Racing series which featured characters from many different SEGA franchise. Wisps make a come back, as 14 different usable items that you can attack and defend your and others' karts with.

12 player online multiplayer is also a feature, along with 4 player split screen local play. You'll be able to customize your kart, and choose from 15 different Sonic characters to play as. Knuckles, Sonic, Tails, and Shadow can be seen in the screenshots. SEGA will likely make an official announcement later today.

Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing as you face-off with friends in intense multiplayer racing. Race together and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Take control of your racing style – Choose from 3 distinct character types and unlock game changing vehicle customization options to suit your racing style. Speed up. Gear Up Team Racing at Sonic Speed!

Key Features

• Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
  • Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
  • Performance & Skin Customization – Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
  • Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
  • Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
  • Various Characters and Classes – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power classes.

The game will launch this winter.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Drift 3, sure sounds good.
Just don't forget all those forgotten past characters and those birds from Riders.
I don't see how this game can be bad but I'm not too excited either, an easy buy but I hope they mix things up.
Then again I'm dying for a good solid racer and if this is done by Sumo Digital like the all stars games it'll scratch that itch no prob.
Last allstars game felt like more a racer than a combat racer and I enjoyed it so much.
I just like racing for racing you know?
Looking forward to this but hope it hits PC too.

royvedas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why does everything has to be the opposite of what I want. The Sonic Universe is way too weak and boring to take up the entire roster. I want to be able to play as Wonderboy, Shinobi etc. In contrast I would like Mario Kart to be Mario Universe only - I don't want the Splatoon Kids or Link. God dammit!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know how to feel about this.

Seems like they completely got rid of the Transforms gameplay. While I get they are trying new things, that seems like a big step back. Also, sure it could be faster than this, but right now, that isn't shown.

Last edited by KingVamp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__