• Views 2,569
  • Replies 28

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ok, so I'm in middle school with a bunch of water vending machines and all "teams" as the call it- can bring water to middle school 6th, 7th, and 8th BUT for SOME REASON, my 8th grade team cannot have water bottles ANYWHERE! That means that if one of my teachers sees it, they'll say to put it away and that I need a doctor's note. Is there any rule or some way I can come into school and say "read rule 98 bub" or some Constitution rule saying that I can drink with water bottles in the classroom or would I need to talk to the principle?
Considering Water is essential for Human Life I'd say you have a pretty good argument if you are thirsty damnit you should be allowed to drink

Reactions: Deleted User
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is so messed up. In my gym classes or physical fitness activities; my coach/instructor always wants us to have water bottles; spring and summer will come quickly, lots of risks for dehydration, this ain't good.

Reactions: VinsCool

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the school equivalent of the "No inside food/drink" policy at many places like theaters. They want you to buy their own. The school probably gets a hefty chunk of change from the water companies for that rule.

Now, is it just water BOTTLES? Or any type of container with water? If it's the former, it's silly, but I don't think you can do anything. If they don't let you carry around any water PERIOD that definitely sounds like it's against the law. I'd not only talk to the principal (to hear his water company-sponsored lies) but also have your parents contact your congressmen. Like everyone has been posting, it sounds like a ludicrous rule.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ask them where it is in print that 8th graders that cannot carry them at all and for the doctors note in print. Otherwise, that is pretty stupid restricting 8th graders to no bottle of water. Spring/Summer is coming up soon.

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it's not corrupt school officials, it's just that your school is run by idiots. I know your pain.

Definitely bring this up with your parents and go with them to get to the bottom of this idiotic rule. It's obviously not a school rule, since your team (still not really sure what you mean by that) is the only one that can't bring water bottles to class.

Reactions: VinsCool

Pedeadstrian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I see in th rules where they might be able to back it up is in "Some Basic Rules And Regulations". The 10th rule is says is that "Students are expected to follow just and reasonable requests made by all district staff members" is this "reasonable"?
Absolutely not. "Don't bring Starbucks" is relatively reasonable. "Don't bring any water whatsoever" is not.

Reactions: Deleted User

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's really up to them to not allow water in classrooms. I've honestly never even thought of that being a problem. Never once did I think to have water with me in class, though my school only had hour and a half long classes. Drink before and after. Though it's more reasonable to have water in gym class.

However, nothing changes school rules like a bunch of bitchy whiny parents. So if it's that big a deal to you, I hope you have some really bitchy whiny parents.

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's really up to them to not allow water in classrooms. I've honestly never even thought of that being a problem. Never once did I think to have water with me in class, though my school only had hour and a half long classes. Drink before and after. Though it's more reasonable to have water in gym class.

However, nothing changes school rules like a bunch of bitchy whiny parents. So if it's that big a deal to you, I hope you have some really bitchy whiny parents.

I agree. I'm from north Queensland of Australia. I know all about heat. Very few, if any rooms were air-conditioned. No one carried around water bottles. We just sucked up the water before and after class.

This was many years ago, before it was "snazzy" to suck on an adult sized teething bottle all day like the younger generation feel the need to do so.

Reactions: TerryG

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a power trip.

Insecure people are given a small amount of power over children and it goes straight to their heads, so they implement insanely stupid rules like this just because they can. It's crazy as fuck, but it wouldn't be the worst rule I've seen arbitrarily enacted at a public school.

Unfortunately, trying to change it in any way is likely to be a long, aggravating process.

I'm glad as hell I haven't seen the inside of a school building in almost twenty years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm sure there will be a way to disable it.