Tales of Berseria will be releasing on PS4/PC in the west early 2017

Tales-Of-Berseria-logo-635x357.jpg

The latest game in Bandai Namco's Tales franchise will be coming west sometime early next year. The game will be available on both PS4 and PC platforms.

:arrow: Source

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol how old is Tales of Zesteria? I just bought that game and a new comes out soon? Hope they dont rush it

Well, Tales of Zestiria wasn't anything spectacular in terms of production. A game of its caliber is pretty easy to make nowadays. If they keep the same combat system, there's little else they have to do other than create and populate the world and add story. But I agree with you, I hope they don't rush it. I'm yet to buy Zestiria myself.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, Tales of Zestiria wasn't anything spectacular in terms of production. A game of its caliber is pretty easy to make nowadays. If they keep the same combat system, there's little else they have to do other than create and populate the world and add story. But I agree with you, I hope they don't rush it. I'm yet to buy Zestiria myself.
I really like the old Tales of games from like 2003-2007 the other ones got boring pretty fast, but Zesteria is pretty ok, nothing special but ok.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When will they start working on Tales of Repetitivia?
The game where you keep doing the same thing inbetween boring story segments.

Probably after they're done making solid games with good stories.
Which doesn't seem to be any time soon.

Reactions: Meteor7 and osaka35

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
After playing fallout 4 and witcher 3 I can't help but think those JRPGs are becoming more and more niche games these days.

Tell me about it! Seems action RPGs are becoming the norm here in the West.

Tales of Phantasia X (PSP) and Tales of Destiny DC (PS2). They're both generally considered great games by the fanbase.

Hmmm.... never got the chance to play those. I should look for them then. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: There's Tales of Phantasia Full Voice Edition and Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon X. I suppose you were referring to the latter one?

Last edited by GuyInDogSuit,

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Tell me about it! Seems action RPGs are becoming the norm here in the West.
Hmmm.... never got the chance to play those. I should look for them then. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: There's Tales of Phantasia Full Voice Edition and Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon X. I suppose you were referring to the latter one?
Narikiri Dungeon X is the sequel to Phantasia and it comes with Tales of Phantasia packed in the game. (all the same game file, by the way) The Phantasia which comes with NDX is the Full Voice Edition, only with an extra playable character as well as a handful of new scenes. It's colloquially called Tales of Phantasia X (cross) Edition. That's the one I was talking about.

Also, NDX is worth buying just for NDX alone, in my opinion.

In case things aren't clear, "Narikiri Dungeon X" contains both Narikiri Dungeon X (Phantasia's sequel) as well as the Tales of Phantasia X Edition (the extended FVE). So when I mentioned Tales of Phantasia X, I was talking about the remake included inside NDX and not the Full Voice Edition.

Last edited by Meteor7,

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Narikiri Dungeon X is the sequel to Phantasia and it comes with Tales of Phantasia packed in the game. (all the same game file, by the way) The Phantasia which comes with NDX is the Full Voice Edition, only with an extra playable character as well as a handful of new scenes. It's colloquially called Tales of Phantasia X (cross) Edition. That's the one I was talking about.

Also, NDX is worth buying just for NDX alone, in my opinion.

In case things aren't clear, "Narikiri Dungeon X" contains both Narikiri Dungeon X (Phantasia's sequel) as well as the Tales of Phantasia X Edition (the extended FVE). So when I mentioned Tales of Phantasia X, I was talking about the remake included inside NDX and not the Full Voice Edition.

Gotcha. I figured as much. It's the only version of Phantasia with an X in the title.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
After playing fallout 4 and witcher 3 I can't help but think those JRPGs are becoming more and more niche games these days.

This year is a very high-profile year for JRPGs, trickling into next year.
Here's what we got on the horizon:
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • DragonQuest XI
  • Persona 5
  • Bravely Second: End Layer (already out)
  • Tales of Berseria
Those are some really high-profile releases. All of Square's long-term projects will be coming to fruition if all goes well in the next year. It's gonna be a huge year for JRPGs. Square Enix's future is riding on it. If anything, I think this year, the JRPG will really shine amongst the crowd, especially with Final Fantasy XV. Last year was a great year for RPGs, with the likes of Witcher 3, Fallout 4, etc., but this year is the year of the JRPG.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing