Tales of Berseria will be releasing on PS4/PC in the west early 2017

Tales-Of-Berseria-logo-635x357.jpg

The latest game in Bandai Namco's Tales franchise will be coming west sometime early next year. The game will be available on both PS4 and PC platforms.

:arrow: Source

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man they're really cranking these Tales of games out, aren't they? Have any of them had any notable stories since Tales of Symphonia? When browsing RPGs, I can't help but glaze over them because they look like any other animu RPG these days.

Reactions: Abcdfv

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Man they're really cranking these Tales of games out, aren't they? Have any of them had any notable stories since Tales of Symphonia? When browsing RPGs, I can't help but glaze over them because they look like any other animu RPG these days.
by my experience, every game that came out when someone was 13 and just got into the tales series.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That does seem to be the common feeling. Symphonia did something new, that whole "Multi-Line Linear Motion Battle System" thing. Since then it's been mainly just that with them adding things to try and keep it fresh. I haven't played one since tales of abyss sucked so so so bad, plot and character wise, so I don't have room to comment on the newer ones. I actually returned tales of the abyss. First time I'd ever returned a game for being that disappointing.

Reactions: Pluupy

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's not what the report button's for.

And while they do crank them out pretty often, at least they try to come up with new battle/leveling mechanics most of the time. I feel like in a lot of ways Zestiria was a push towards streamlining the series even more, and that Xillia 2 was just entirely unnecessary, but Abyss, Vesperia, and Graces F were all perfectly fine games, even if they weren't revolutionary.

Reactions: Pluupy

LunaWofl

Tyrant R. of ye olde Prinny Squad
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That does seem to be the common feeling. Symphonia did something new, that whole "Multi-Line Linear Motion Battle System" thing. Since then it's been mainly just that with them adding things to try and keep it fresh. I haven't played one since tales of abyss sucked so so so bad, plot and character wise, so I don't have room to comment on the newer ones. I actually returned tales of the abyss. First time I'd ever returned a game for being that disappointing.
Out of curiosity, how far did you get? ;D

I think the appeal is more the character interactions rather than story itself, which serves more as a tool of progression, however as to the basic stories
Rebirth was more or less about racism. (japan only)
Legendia's story is forgettable but the characters most certainly are not
Abyss explored what it is to be alive, about where you fit in the world. And of those who cling to prophecy and stepping beyond expectations. Started up a little slow with dumping exposition but it gets better midway through.
Innocence is about reincarnation (translation available)
Hearts is friendship hearts connect WOW the power of love conquers AAAAAAAAAAAAALL (english remake)
Vesperia was about justice, but lost the plot in the third and final arc (superior version where the flesh out the final arc is japanese only, with a translation available)
Graces was friendship protect friendship friendship they're my friends frieeeeeeeeeends... URRRRRRRRRRRRRGH
Xillia was about mana and- ... well there's more to it but I'm not sure how to summerize it =3=
Xillia 2 was about how shit taking out a loan is
Zestiria is about MC becomming a Shepard being able a holy figure that can purge evil and saving the corrupt (until it goes down hill and becomes: Death is a form of salvation... for some)

They need to do proper remakes Tales of Phantasia and Destiny. And release Destiny 2 in the USA.
I support making another remake of Phantasia, we've only had 2 remakes of THAT one. (by remake I specifically mean the playstation version and Phantasia X, not the GBA, PSP, Mobile ports) 6 VERSIONS OF FUN IN ALL +A+
And Destiny Remake would be pretty hard improve on.

Reactions: Chary

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh holy crap did you play every single one of them? That's a neat list. I actually forgot I played Tales of Innocence and Tales of Hearts. Jesus christ I guess they were so bad I forcefully made myself forget. I really liked Spada's character. Loved playing as him, which is weird because I hated playing as Lloyd in Tales of Symphonia (I always played as Raine, Colette, and Sheena).

Last edited by Pluupy,

LunaWofl

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Oh holy crap did you play every single one of them? That's a neat list. I actually forgot I played Tales of Innocence and Tales of Hearts. Jesus christ I guess they were so bad I forcefully made myself forget. I really liked Spada's character. Loved playing as him, which is weird because I hated playing as Lloyd in Tales of Symphonia (I always played as Raine, Colette, and Sheena).
I am a tales fanatic, yes

LunaWofl

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I want a proper Tales of the Tempest remake. Despite what everyone says, the game had potential but Dimps screwed it up.
Tales of Tempest R seemed to be set up by Innocence R and Hearts R's triverse gate, shame we havn't heard anything about that. I agree about remake (or reimagining if vita gets the conclusion to the reimagining's meta plot).

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, how far did you get? ;D

About the part so-n-so got betrayed in volcano land and everyone completely turned on him.

"Dang, ya'll a bunch of huge idiot dicks. Way to turn complete 180 character wise just cuz the script needed ya'll to. Screw ya'll" were my thoughts while playing.

I played for another hour or two, but everyone's personalities and motivations just kept flipping to create drama. I only like 1 character before that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1