Translation Tabe-O-Ja Eng lish translation project

andre_arthuzo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
HI, I would like to know how do you translate? How do you get the files and what program do you use?

I've been trying for weeks to figure out a way to get the files for translation, I've already used Yuzu, NCA-XCI-NSP_TO_Layered FS.
The program I saw for translation was Kuriimu and MSbt Editor.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Doing some translation for this game, japanese and english are not my native language but i'll try my best to make the game playable.

The progress so far:
+ Story: done chapter 0,1,2,3,4,5 included side quest.
+ Dialog Name: 30%
+ Tabegami skill name: 3%
+ Tabegami skill description: 1%
+ Item name: 60%
+ Item description: 4%
+UI/Menu: 60%
+Quest/chapter name: 35%
+ Tutorial text: 80%
Note: an beta patch will come out soon.
Credit:
Bánh Mì: Story,Edit,Menu UI.
Inochi-PM (on discord): Menu Ui editing.
Slowmagic (on discord): tester.
Speical thanks to @mushroom32x for the script translation.

Here a some screenshot what i made so far.

Download: V0.5: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wfUWZWHCAs3hK9a5SYfamS-dSCKfr7GP/view?usp=sharing

hi is this english patch dead???

franklinyyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just found out about this game and am very interested in trying it out. So can I apply this patch to the latest version of this game? And how does one apply the patch? Thanks in advance!

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just found out about this game and am very interested in trying it out. So can I apply this patch to the latest version of this game? And how does one apply the patch? Thanks in advance!
sadly the game translation from the looks of it seems to be ded?? the one who made the patch hasn't really been updating at all since of their last reply they made :( so sorry...i don't think this english patch is gonna be even near up to do date with the latest patch at all.

InochiPM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mackne.net
XP
Country
United States
This has thoroughly been abandoned, the game was way to buggy and it had a lot of issues when it came to translating the games text. You would translate the text files and a part of the game would suddenly stop working and crash/softlock the system. I'm the one who did most of the texture work for this translation and I haven't heard a word form the original person who worked on it with me i.e OP.

• Sad
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

InochiPM

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mackne.net
XP
Country
United States
If anyone with any bit of knowledge of hacking might be able to shed more light into the games issues, since its a Unity game for the switch its got a lot of inner workings that need to be checked out by someone who can hack both the main file and hack into unity files.

The other main issue is that the Tabegami cant be scanned as the controller uses the infrared sensor on the bottom of the joycon. so use with screens and scans dont work.

Someone would need to hack a save file for all of the tabegami unlocked form the begining.

But until that the game will most likely be left alone.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
From what poking around i did, the game seems to have a buffer overflow. because just translating the one name in the tabemon_type.json file makes the game crash.
dude that's insane D: ...and very sad news, that it got that badly difficult to translate this game T_T.. ugh. it would've been nice to see others pitch in to find out what's happening but now these days i notice how difficult that is :c which is sad.

i really hope someone else replies here to help you out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D