Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
Yuan said:
EDIT2: Although TBR is useless now, Can IOS236 be installed?
You always can install it beforehand during 4.2, then update to 4.3, since the update doesn't patch 236 it seems.
A better way would be using ModMii to download IOS36, change it to 236 and patch it. Finally max out its version number.

That way in future if Nintendo decides to stub IOS236, it can't.

zombymario

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
zombymario said:
But, can i use WiiSCU to update the shop channel and news channel and weather channel?

Tried to install v20 with WiiSCU but WiiSCU doesn't find v20 (gives me a hash error). So, I downloaded v20 with NUSDownloader and now I can install it with Wad Manager and I can use Shop Channel again?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
zombymario said:
zombymario said:
But, can i use WiiSCU to update the shop channel and news channel and weather channel?

Tried to install v20 with WiiSCU but WiiSCU doesn't find v20 (gives me a hash error). So, I downloaded v20 with NUSDownloader and now I can install it with Wad Manager and I can use Shop Channel again?

Download and install IOS56 v5662 (lastest version @ NUSD) too. Or Wii Shop Channel will boot to a #002 error.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
trumpet-205 said:
OriginalHamster said:
Yuan said:
EDIT2: Although TBR is useless now, Can IOS236 be installed?
You always can install it beforehand during 4.2, then update to 4.3, since the update doesn't patch 236 it seems.
A better way would be using ModMii to download IOS36, change it to 236 and patch it. Finally max out its version number.

That way in future if Nintendo decides to stub IOS236, it can't.
IOS236 Installer only requires that HBC v1.0.7 or above is installed, so this update won't stop anyone from installing a patched IOS36 to slot 236.

Also, a wad manager mod (which has yet to be released) has already been created that can install ANY wad using a non-fakesigned IOS (also requires HBC v1.0.7 or above). So eventually there will be no need to even install a patched IOS36 OR IOS236... just launch the wad manager mod, and install cIOS249 (wad), and it will successfully install (and overwrite/downgrade stub IOSs successfully)

So all this update has pretty much accomplished nothing.... other than make more work for me to update modmii (this update was a personal attack against me!!! oh noes!)

zombymario

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yuan said:
zombymario said:
zombymario said:

Download and install IOS56 v5662 (lastest version @ NUSD) too. Or Wii Shop Channel will boot to a #002 error.

Oke, but do I need to install IOS56 and Shop v20 in a certain order or can I install IOS56 and then Shop v20 or first install Shop v20 and then IOS56

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
zombymario said:
Yuan said:
zombymario said:
zombymario said:

Oke, but do I need to install IOS56 and Shop v20 in a certain order or can I install IOS56 and then Shop v20 or first install Shop v20 and then IOS56

No order needed.

zombymario

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yuan said:
zombymario said:
Yuan said:
zombymario said:
zombymario said:

No order needed.

Oke, thanks!
yaywii.gif

I hope that it works (always to afraid for a brick)
blush.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
joda said:
Despite all of this you can always restore your system as long as you can get HBC up and running. This since the latest version of DOP-Mii can trash any IOS, mothballed or not, and just reinstall the wanted one using IOS58 + AHBPROT. This can NEVER BE BLOCKED as long as you get into the latest version of HBC.

Exactly, this can't be stressed enough. Also as long as you can install BootMii IOS, you can always use cBoot2 to get patched IOS.

Hmm i think the WiiBrew-Edition of DOP-Mii can't install patched IOS directly, but there are app that do it directly using AHBPROT.

It can't patch IOS, but it can downgrade any IOS to any revision. If you know what you're doing, it does the job fine
wink.gif

EDIT: Although you can always use the non-WiiBrew Edition, or just use the IOS236 installer, either of which is quicker and easier.

Antics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I've kinda given up on Nintendo.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved Nintendo since I was 4. My uncle Brian (RIP) gave me my first NES and I fell in love right then and there with the Mario, Duck Hunt, and Track triple pack. There are games I've literally beaten 30 times. *coughearthboundcough*

But this just takes the cake.
Does Nintendo not realize that every console has homebrew? Have they not learned that the homebrew communities know their consoles in and out and aren't going to give up due to a couple little bug updates?
This whole "behind the scene" updates are getting quite tiresome, so much as to where I've just given up on Wii updates and blocked them at the firewall level so a Wii doesn't get "accidentally" updated.

OVER A YEAR AND NOTHING NEW. NOTHING. ZILCH. NADDA.

I'm sorry to say it Nintendo, but other then Other M, which I 100% last night and to be honest thought it was way to short/easy, I've been playing my 360 a hell of a lot more, and the only game I've got for that is Halo 3.

Get with the game. Ignore homebrew for now, yes, you may be losing money due to smaller VC sales, yes, you may have lost a couple thousand to all the pirates out there. I myself prior to homebrew spent at least $200 on VC only to get screwed by the original non-SDHC limit and no storage room. As far as I'm concerned, I should be able to do a couple emulators here and there for the couple of grand I've earned the big N.

But, if it wasn't for homebrew, I wouldn't own a Wii.
My friends Austin, Shawn, Elliott, and countless others wouldn't own a Wii....Think about this folks....My father is 65 and even HE has a Wii after he saw the potential of homebrew. But how many consoles have you sold due to the homebrew community? How many peripherals have you sold for the (mostly crappy) games that you require one for?
Although my dad has the usb loaders and whatnot, he still has 4 Wii remotes, 4 motionplus, 2 guitars. I watched that man pop down over $600 in less then a hour for his Wii and peripherals.
IGNORE HOMEBREW AND DO SOMETHING WITH YOUR CONSOLE.

I realize that GBAtemp isn't the place to rant, but when I woke up this morning and saw that blue light, I couldn't help but to laugh and be bitter because I knew what was coming.

Here in about 2 hours, I'm expecting a bunch of phone calls from people whose Wiis I've modded.
I know I'm going to hear those 2 words that everyone dreads hearing, "I updated."

*shrug*
Its obvious that Nintendo just doesn't care about new features, they are just worried about the money and are pissed off that the homebrew community actually makes the console useful.
I just don't know anymore. Should I even care about the Wii's future? :/ You tell me GBAtemp, you tell me.

Edit: Small typo

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If you update to 4.3 with HBC 1.0.8 installed and 236/249/202 installed:
Still can reinstall 249/202 through 236?
What happen with bootmii?
What happen with the Korean IOSes? They are bad?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
If you update to 4.3 with HBC 1.0.8 installed and 236/249/202 installed:
Still can reinstall 249/202 through 236?
yes.
What happen with bootmii?
nothing.
What happen with the Korean IOSes? They are bad?
no, they just got updated on non korean wiis so they cant be exploited anymore.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NITROFOX said:
whaiting for Waninkoko firm update...
why? Just install latest Shop Channel and IOS56 and you're done. No need to wait days for a magical "safe updater" which is probably less safe than doing it manually with dop-Mii or NUSD and a WAD installer.

Anyway, I noticed IOS37 has been updated. Last time that happened, Riivolution stopped working temporarily because it was hard coded to work with one specific revision of IOS37. Can anyone confirm or deny if this happened again with this update?

Antics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not confirming it, but I can almost guarantee that Riivolution won't work without downgrading IOS37.
I remember when I used it about a week ago, it was very picky about having the exact version.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simple solution. use NUS get the latest of ios56 and the latest of the shop channel (v20 if ya wanna be spicific) and install with wad manager. i don't see what tbr is so useful when people are useing cIOS.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
zombymario said:
Oke, thanks!
yaywii.gif

I hope that it works (always to afraid for a brick)
blush.gif

It wouldn't brick. The worst that would happen is that the shop channel wouldn't work until you installed IOS56. If it were the System Menu then yes, you could brick by getting the order wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission