Homebrew System transfer without updating, Is it possible? 9.9.0.26U FW

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Acryt, are you trying to transfer from a N3DS to an O3DS?

Pretty sure Nintendo said we could not do that.....
nop is o3ds to n3ds xl. it's working fine now, just seemed to be a connection issue with my n3ds and is fixed now. watching the pikmin movie.

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i highly do not recommend transfering via wireless if you don't have to, this is going to take eons, it's only 1gigish too. didn't want to mess with trying to reorganize the sd card myself on the comp.

I'm hoping through this I will now have Ironhax on my n3ds xl and have that as an permanent entry point on it.

Last edited by Acryt,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nop is o3ds to n3ds xl. it's working fine now, just seemed to be a connection issue with my n3ds and is fixed now. watching the pikmin movie.

Ah.

The O3DS is waiting for another to receive from it, not receiving itself.

Shut up. It's been a long day and I only got like 4 hours of sleep last night. Same the night before too >_<

Plus I'm still setting things up on my N3DS. Planning to install a few legit cias and update them before I set EmuNAND back up again. Unfortunately the main collection on that iso site is so out of date that all the links are dead :/

Last edited by Aroth,

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah.

Shut up. It's been a long day and I only got like 4 hours of sleep last night. Same the night before too >_<

Plus I'm still setting things up on my N3DS. Planning to install a few legit cias and update them before I set EmuNAND back up again. Unfortunately the main collection on that iso site is so out of date that all the links are dead :/
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
gib cubic ninja

I assume once a few more confirmations are done, smea will probably introduce this into the starter kit? i'm guessing he did a special update just for this considering it says *hax 2.5 beta at the top now

Last edited by Acryt,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to transfer Ironfall Invasion 1.1 from a N3DS XL 9.9 to N3DS XL EMUNAND 9.5 (SYSNAND is 9.0-9.3)? If possible, please point me to the post with instructions. Thanks in advance.

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You live in East Texas and willing to meet me halfway?

If so you can totally borrow the damn thing which I totally bought at gamestop for like $10 back in April.
haha, nah. I did some gamestop searching online and there's one that's closer (~80miles into KY) for just $30 and it'd be easy to pickup

Acryt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to transfer Ironfall Invasion 1.1 from a N3DS XL 9.9 to N3DS XL EMUNAND 9.5 (SYSNAND is 9.0-9.3)? If possible, please point me to the post with instructions. Thanks in advance.
I can't tell you for certain on those FW, but i'll let you know if my ironhax works after the systrans.

D

Deleted User

From what I've heard, System Transfer will not work between those versions due to it being updated in 9.6. Both must be either 9.0-9.5 or 9.6+
So I got another question x_x;

Is this error normal...?

http://i.imgur.com/Tpf6y7q.jpg

It seems like it's gotten everything else but it tells me it's incomplete because of that banner thing~
Yeah, that's a known issue with braindump. @neobrain said it would be fixed in the next release.

Reactions: tivu100

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can tell you it is not possible to transfer between a system (emunand or sysnand) on 9.0-9.5 and a system on 9.6 or higher.

In order to transfer between systems, both systems have to be using the same version of the System Transfer app. Since that title was updated in 9.6, that creates a hard barrier that prevents transfers.

Did you by any chance update the N3DS XL to 9.9 using a gamecart?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@neobrain said it would be fixed in the next release.

Is it a fatal issue for the user asking the question, or will his dumped files still work?

Reactions: tivu100
D

Deleted User

Is it a fatal issue for the user asking the question, or will his dumped files still work?
Well, it dumps the files to the SD card, but at the very least the header is messed up, meaning you can't extract the code.bin without hassle.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it dumps the files to the SD card, but at the very least the header is messed up, meaning you can't extract the code.bin without hassle.

Someone needs to find out if we can link code.bin and romfs.bin files for use with HANS.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can tell you it is not possible to transfer between a system (emunand or sysnand) on 9.0-9.5 and a system on 9.6 or higher.

In order to transfer between systems, both systems have to be using the same version of the System Transfer app. Since that title was updated in 9.6, that creates a hard barrier that prevents transfers.

No, not installed 9.9 fromcart. This N3DS 9.9 belongs to my friend. It was bought at 9.5 firmware. Then updated to 9.9 to access Eshop when Smealum first hinted at freehax with Ironfall Invasion 1.1 game. He's gonna travel to his granddad during Thanksgiving so he may hunt for N3DS <9.3 there (a small town). In case he can find N3DS <9.3, he wants an option to keep the Ironfall Invasion 1.1 game on his EMUNAND (wishfully thinking until 9.3+ kernel exploit then transfer to SYSNAND then) before selling his N3DS 9.9.

Would be a waste to delete a free entry point (which works for the latest firmware), if transfer is not possible.

Last edited by tivu100,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, not installed 9.9 fromcart. This N3DS 9.9 belongs to my friend. It was bought at 9.5 firmware. Then updated to 9.9 to access Eshop when Smealum first hinted at freehax with Ironfall Invasion 1.1 game. He's gonna travel to his granddad during Thanksgiving so he may hunt for N3DS <9.3 there (a small town). In case he can find N3DS <9.3, he wants an option to keep the Ironfall Invasion 1.1 game on his EMUNAND (wishfully thinking until 9.3+ kernel exploit then transfer to SYSNAND then) before selling his N3DS 9.9.

Would be a waste to delete a free entry point (which works for the latest firmware), if transfer is not possible.

Ironfall Invasion was free correct? If so then tell your friend that if he manages to locate a N3DS on 9.2 or lower and has no real desire to save any data from his old one then he should just give up the Ironhax entrypoint.

There are a vast multitude of entrypoints available, WITH kernel access, if he manages to get a system on 9.2 or lower, and no need to spend any money to use them. Even if he has saves or other extdata he wants to save, if he has HBL access on the 9.9 he should be able to extract it and later import it to the new one.

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country

It's fatal, meaning the dump will be incomplete.

D

Deleted User

My N3DS XL won't boot into home menu now after the transfer...
If you had menuhax installed on the O3DS, try removing the theme data from the SD card, or if you don't want to have to find it, try removing the SD card when booting and inserting it after.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My N3DS XL won't boot into home menu now after the transfer...

What do you mean? It should have rebooted once and maybe gone silly and given an error, then when you manually rebooted it should have gone back into the transfer app to finish/finalize some stuff.

After that it should have gone straight into the home menu. If not, try deleting the themehax files, maybe that is messing with it somehow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am kind surprised no one has made a Pi to cart adapter for older systems... Like a universal...