'System Shock' Remake Might Come To Switch

system shock.png

It was known that the kickstarted System Shock remake would be releasing on PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, and PS4. However in their most recent Kickstarter update Nightdive Studios, the developers behind the remake, hinted that the game might land on the popular Nintendo Switch console.

When asked during a Q&A session with the Discord community if the game will still be coming to Linux, Mac, PS4, and XBOX One, the developers replied by saying "Absolutely. Nightdive is now an authorized developer for both PlayStation and Xbox and with the refocus on style and scope we will also be able to port the game to another very popular platform".

And what other very popular platform do we know of that has not already been listed?

There has been some progress since the announcement of the hiatus back in February, with the release postponed to an unknown date. Hopefully this gives the developers enough time for a Switch port.

Would you like to see System Shock on the Switch?

:arrow: SOURCE

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As much as I love the first System Shock, please port the second game too! System Shock 2 is by far the most well known of the series and set the standard the games like Bioshock progressed from and it needs more love!

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love the fact the game is pretty much in development hell and then they come out and say it may get a switch port. They really should focus on getting the game finished before even thinking about porting it to the Switch.

Reactions: Deleted User

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
And what other very popular platform do we know of that has not already been listed?

Android.

I know it's Linux-based but I doubt that's what the "Linux" on that list means.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Everyone who has a switch wants it on the switch.

Especially the priveledged ones who wants all games on the switch and dont knew their console has its limitations.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I'm just tired of people bashing the Switch. We already know its limitations. How the hell can this thing run like a Ps4 Pro when it is sized like that. It is already obvious from the start. I love the Switch as much as I love the PS4 and that joke is getting old for me. Either you keep your Switch or sell it and build a PC or get a PS4/Xbox.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just tired of people bashing the Switch. We already know its limitations. How the hell can this thing run like a Ps4 Pro when it is sized like that. It is already obvious from the start. I love the Switch as much as I love the PS4 and that joke is getting old for me. Either you keep your Switch or sell it and build a PC or get a PS4/Xbox.
lol, no offense but I sold my ps4 to get a switch
i never regretted that move so far :)

Reactions: owek1

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Im not bashing the switch mate. Im bashing the disrespectful switch owners who thinks the switch is the almighty device and wants all the games to run in their platform and they end up bashing other platforms

Last edited by chirogan,

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Im not bashing the switch mate. Im bashing the disrespectful switch owners who thinks the switch is the almighty device and wants all the games to run in their platform and they end up bashing other platforms

oh, sorry for the misunderstanding. Yeah, I got the Switch and I love it but i also love my PS4.. and I even wanted to get an XBox just because. I am also fully aware what the Switch can and cannot do. I just wish we could just all be gamers and enjoy games.

Reactions: chirogan

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
oh, sorry for the misunderstanding. Yeah, I got the Switch and I love it but i also love my PS4.. and I even wanted to get an XBox just because. I am also fully aware what the Switch can and cannot do. I just wish we could just all be gamers and enjoy games.
The whole console wars idea is plain childish. Every system has its weakness and strength that the other platforms offers.

Reactions: Peloisan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi