Homebrew Question [SYS-FTPd] in [SX OS]

D

Deleted-442439

Nope, this is why Atmosphere is the superior CFW. Anyone can add functionality to it when its open source. We can't "mod" SX OS its all closed.

Reactions: Type_O_Dev

morrison22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, this is why Atmosphere is the superior CFW. Anyone can add functionality to it when its open source. We can't "mod" SX OS its all closed.

That is what I thought. TX needs to code it into their OS, otherwise use Atmosphere for that feature. But at Atmosphere's current state with loading games (some working some not), the ease of use, along with the inability to launch NSP files, I will continue to use SX OS. Eventually, I can see myself migrating over to Atmosphere once things are ironed out. I prefer open source.

phonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cant you boot up homebrew in sx os though? i dont think its a huge disadvantage to have to go to homebrew then use it. how often will you really use it lol.
I believe the sys module is said to be much faster than the current best working versions of ftpd nros. I think they said it had something to do with how ftpd homebrew displays the logging.

Last edited by phonz,
Reactions: morrison22

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I believe the sys module is said to be mu faster than the current best working versions of ftpd nros. I think they said it had something to do with how ftpd homebrew displays the logging.

Logging (or lack thereof) helps speed up file transfers, and (so far) it's infinitely more stable -- even when used in homebrew. It's basically the only way I can recommend transferring files to/from the Switch without power-cycling.

NightStorm1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
SX OS lets me Play Games without fucking around in 20 Diffrent Tools to get LayerdFS working.

You drop the XCI on root and it just works.
If someday Atmoshere is at that point I will use it too
But until then I dont care if they took code from Atmosphere as long as it works.

RDTG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much salt. I need to package it up and sell it. I'll call the brand "Angrsalt" xD
But srsly, I'm not a TX fan... at all. I purchased SX OS to tinker with nsp installation. I find it funny how TX actually BLOCKED layeredfs from working until you activate a license in SX OS. :P
I mean, I get it with the cart emulation and sigcheck bypass, but layeredfs? Seriously? It'd be more attractive if they had layeredfs working on the "free" version; would probably get more people to play with the CFW and potentially buy it. Meh.... I can't wait for Atmosphere to be finished (Or SX OS to be ripped apart for the code :P)

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i like the idea of plugins , like we have on PS3 CWF and PSVITA CFW i use the background ftp all the time cant wait for something like that for NX

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you need USB C transfer over FTP? What's the sense of that?

Also FTP works over a network protocol...not USB

The worse thing with current Switch hack is removing the SDcard - then you have to reboot the Switch and do the payload thing. With a USB-C connection to the computer, data transfer can be really fast if there's a file transfer program that supports it - and no reboot. Wifi is just too slow for some retail games like Skyrim, LA Noire, South Park, etc... it will take literally hours to transfer them using Wifi.

Last edited by Nincompoopdo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @_Snow_, Hello cat with paper glasses.