I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I have this memory card from way back, probably more than 8 years ago. I put a password on it like an idiot, and can't remember it. Windows doesn't recognise it at all. Can I somehow crack it?

upload_2018-3-25_22-51-33.png upload_2018-3-25_22-51-41.png

gasaonjigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You' better to get an old laptop that recognizes the card. After that, you can use cracking software to brute-force the password

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
you can format the card in the same phone (if memory serves me well) and lose the content but be able to use the card again.

source: old symbian s60 user.
I would like to access the files, though. Also, formatting requires the password, too.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I would like to access the files, though. Also, formatting requires the password, too.
mmm... you should try what @DaRk_ViVi said then. or stick the card on a pc, mmc cards are identical to sd cards so any sd card reader should work.
I never put any password to my memory card but I do know that the only difference between mmc and sd cards is that the former don't have any kind of built-in protection, so the password protection thing must be something that symbian handles by software and easily bypassed by putting the card on another device.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
mmm... you should try what @DaRk_ViVi said then. or stick the card on a pc, mmc cards are identical to sd cards so any sd card reader should work.
I never put any password to my memory card but I do know that the only difference between mmc and sd cards is that the former don't have any kind of built-in protection, so the password protection thing must be something that symbian handles by software and easily bypassed by putting the card on another device.
>MMC
It's a microSD.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.