Homebrew RELEASE SXOS ROMMENU NSP/NROS

Zedroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe, but like you said, at some point.
In order to port the xci features to other cfws I will have to reverse engineer the loader kip (and a few others for sure) and port them (rewriting or patching them). And tbh, I don't like assembly, this is hard and I don't have the time right now to do this (I also won't port the xci features to other cfws, I don't really want troubles on this...). Anyway, as a first todo and maybe the most important one I have to fix the fact that it doesn't loads the nro on other cfws, so yeah, basically that
what files should I focus on reverse engineering to get the offline on device cheat engine? I just want to use sx os codes without bringing my computer

Last edited by Zedroid,

Zedroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do you need assembly if it is reverse engineering a binary? I'm thinking of rewriting the whole bin from scratch just to add things

KardchCode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
do you need assembly if it is reverse engineering a binary? I'm thinking of rewriting the whole bin from scratch just to add things
You need a quite good assembly level for mostly everything repeated with reversing, anyways if your trying to write it from scratch I will suggest you to look at the atmosphere project since it's almost the same cfw, but yeah to reverse a binary you need good assembly knowledge (and IDA to make it easier)

Reactions: Zedroid

KardchCode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
what files should I focus on reverse engineering to get the offline on device cheat engine? I just want to use sx os codes without bringing my computer
Oh yeah, that is probably inside their Rommenu nro as well as inside the loader kip I guess, but yeah I will suggest you to look at kips and nros

Reactions: Zedroid

Zedroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thank you very much for your response. Your advice will be great help for me to make the cheat engine work without all the other sx os modules once I learn more assembly

Reactions: KardchCode

KardchCode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Oh hey forgot to say this but Rei has done some really interesting commits to NX_Sysmodules mainly to add some tx support so that MAYBE (and I didn't test yet) reinx can run the ROMMENU nros!! We will see how this will come, judge by yourselfs ;D https://github.com/Reisyukaku/NX_Sysmodules/commit/ef1ab584a0505e6d38d1bf59be7838cf4ac95a70

Btw Zeroid this might be interesting for you since it seems to add a new sysmodule called ldr:cht which I guess it is their cheat system module :P

Reactions: klear and Zedroid

Zedroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
whaaaaaat? I must be living a dream. omggggg Reis the best. this is unbelievable and the best thing to ever happen to me. Oh yeah :rofl2: I'm like crying too many tears of joy and over come with emotion

Last edited by Zedroid,
Reactions: KardchCode

KardchCode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Indeed the ROMMENU nro now works out of sxos thx to amazing rei's work on reinx :)
Cheats work as well as installer and Homebrew (ofc xci loading is not there)
All credits to rei and all the cfw contributors (like SciresM and so on)

Have a nice day you all and merry Christmas!

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Worth noting rommenu <= 2.2 works without modifcation.. anything after they do some fuckery that doesnt load natively.. so it'd require an additional patch. Also all the framework is there like i said, just needs to be filled in now. My main focus is filling out the cheat IPCs so some stuff will take the back burner for a bit but maybe the scene will come together and help out..(lol)

johnny2k4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for your work, guys. Something strange happens to me, using the latest version of rommenu2.5, using the redirector does not load the first, but the second attempt. It lets you install, but does not show anything in the console, but it seems that it has been installed. Some help?

KardchCode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for your work, guys. Something strange happens to me, using the latest version of rommenu2.5, using the redirector does not load the first, but the second attempt. It lets you install, but does not show anything in the console, but it seems that it has been installed. Some help?
Hmm weird, actually only rei can tell you what is going on there, does it work when using it as applet?

johnny2k4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Very strange, if I use the rommenu through HBL, it shows me a black screen. I return to the console menu, and if I use the redirector this time, it loads without problems. But I still have the problem in installing .nsp.

KardchCode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Very strange, if I use the rommenu through HBL, it shows me a black screen. I return to the console menu, and if I use the redirector this time, it loads without problems. But I still have the problem in installing .nsp.
Lol, that's really weird I would like to help you but honestly I don't really know what's happening there, also I'm afk these days, btw does it loads if you rename it from Rommenu to hbmenu and place in the root?

KardchCode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Like i've said in other places, < 2.3 works without modification.
Oh actually misunderstood what you said yesterday as more than or equal to 2.3 [emoji28]
Well even tho it's pretty pretty good, love your work rei. Also isn't it possible to use this new sys modules in atmos? I know they aren't really the same but just wondering

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty