SX OS 2.6 Beta released: full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x

From Team Xecuter:

This new 2.6 BETA of SX OS adds full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x, including ALL functionality you expect when using our product. We've been pioneering our own unique and proprietary solution for defeating any future firmware protection and we're quite happy with the results so far.

This release is marked as BETA because we changed things drastically under the hood to streamline future firmware updates and some things may inadvertently behave differently.

That does not mean it hasn't been vetted at all, so give it a shot today!

Of course, we haven't been sitting idly behind the scenes either. A lot of our development resources and attention has been dedicated to bringing SX OS to those "unhackable" switches. We are working hard to bring the SX OS experience to all of you who are stuck with an "unhackable" switch. Stay tuned for more news!

Download here: -REMOVED-

Last edited by linuxares,

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
-snip-

Could always take it to that SX OS crack thread that went absolutely nowhere?
SX OS was cracked. It's just private.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"Team Xecuter will never be able to add support for 7.0.x" ...

I assume everyone was right again. Never fails to amuse.

Glad to see Xecuter offering an all-in-one solution to manage and use homebrew on the Switch!
Ironic thing is that SX OS is crap for homebrew.

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed reply to deleted post

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What truth are you talking about? We dont know if they used sept or not. It seems they didnt.

But even if they did, people who support tx dont care about that, why cant you just discuss this in the atmos thread? What do you gain from shitposting here? You clearly dont support tx and you are adding nothing relevant, only your personal hate towards tx
at this point it's pretty much 100% confirmed at they're either using a modified version of sept or they hardcoded the keys into SXOS (which would be significantly worse than using modified sept lol)
-snip-

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed reply to deleted post

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
at this point it's pretty much 100% confirmed at they're either using a modified version of sept or they hardcoded the keys into SXOS (which would be significantly worse than using modified sept lol)
-snip-

Why would it be "worse"? Who are you to judge? We are talking about piracy and pirating games!! Theres no "worse" or "not so bad"

Sx os was the fist one to release...... Atmos released months later

Last edited by Quantumcat,

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
-snip-

If SX OS 2.6 uses Sept, or a variation of Sept (I'm not saying it does, and for what it's worth, I don't believe that it does), then I would consider that to be relevant information about this release of SX OS, and also would be relevant information to include in this thread. What SX OS 2.6 includes, or doesn't include, is not relevant information for the Atmosphere thread. As long as it is truthful information, who cares if the person posting it is a "hater" or not?

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed deleted post quote
D

Deleted User

Damn, SX OS now also supports 7.0.x. That was so amusing.

And once again they mention something they don't actually do.

A year ago, they said they had a hack for patched switches.

That seems like a lame excuse to me.

So the update is very unspectacular!

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would it be "worse"? Who are you to judge? We are talking about piracy and pirating games!! Theres no "worse" or "not so bad"

Sx os was the fist one to release...... Atmos released months later
Hardcoding the keys into SXOS would make SXOS illegal to distribute in more ways, and would obviously violate the rules of this website (and many others), modified sept would not make it illegal to distribute in more ways. Your second part is incorrect

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the gamecard stuff was confirmed, tho I may be wrong.

Yes.

But if they are hardcoding keys (I wasn't paying attention in 6.2) then Temp, technically, would not want association or at least direct linking since that's already against the rules here. Keys are a known legal precedent.

Sept exists BECAUSE keys are illegal and legal action precedent exists around them. There's no gray area on them at all.

Last edited by V-Temp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now +1