• Views 40,707
  • Replies 218
  • Likes 16

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awww people are so funny about the gpl thing, let it go, nearly nobody cares, mostly the people with sx os wont give a damn about the gpl, but if you want to take it that way, I hope that TX really copies everything that the open source community does, so we dont have the tx os vs atmosphere because tx os is inferior, now we will have tx os are stealers!!!! and we will see a lot of people cry but you wont be able to do anything about it, you could whine all day long, TX wont listen to your prayers, wont listen to your whining, their product work, and works very good, thats what people care, not gpl and whining
Was there a point you were trying to make? It's okay to break the law and steal from people doing work for free??? And anyway, it's only the "better product" for now, likely by the end of the year sx os will basically a be a bunch of free software with a pricetag and DRM.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was there a point you were trying to make? It's okay to break the law and steal from people doing work for free??? And anyway, it's only the "better product" for now, likely by the end of the year sx os will basically a be a bunch of free software with a pricetag and DRM.

oh boo hoo, that's 6 months from now, sx pro's low enough priced that it's worth that price for 6 months of use. see what the guy said about ps3 dongles, yes they were outdated by cfw eventually but so? it paid for its use by then

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
There is a difference between an average user pirating and what TX is doing, namely if I pirate something, I don't make thousands of dollars by reselling it. TX isn't just violating the license privately (which I think is impossible with GPLv2 code), they are profiting off of it for personal gain. It'd be like me pirating BOTW, and then selling the pirated copies online.
You are allowed to sell code that has a GPL licence. The only thing they're doing wrong is not providing the modified source. If you're going to get angry, be angry about the right thing.

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are allowed to sell code that has a GPL licence. The only thing they're doing wrong is not providing the modified source. If you're going to get angry, be angry about the right thing.
I know that... but it's kind of hard to make any sort of analogy to that though, and where'd you get the idea I was angry. lol
Chinese companies have been ignoring copyrights, licenses and patents for ages, TX isn't the first nor the last to steal ip from the rest of the world. It more just annoys me when people try and say tx is the "good guy" in this situation and that atmosphere/reswitched is somehow the "bad guy" by not already having piracy and not being done yet.

vstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that... but it's kind of hard to make any sort of analogy to that though, and where'd you get the idea I was angry. lol
Chinese companies have been ignoring copyrights, licenses and patents for ages, TX isn't the first nor the last to steal ip from the rest of the world. It more just annoys me when people try and say tx is the "good guy" in this situation and that atmosphere/reswitched is somehow the "bad guy" by not already having piracy and not being done yet.

Any source to prove TX is a Chinese companies?

Reactions: tiliarou

kitzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind of wish there was a central thread to throw gpl complaint in so every single thread doesn't get derailed by the bs.

I don't get why most of the people who didn't even work on the code care so damn much.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

let it go, only TX haters care, no one else does

as a pirate it's good that the chinese thru the decades have made backup devices, if not for them I wouldn't have been able to play backup games thru the decades.

did you buy a SX Pro ? , sounds like you didn't well for me and all the other buyers TX are the 'good guys' becuase I can play backups now, while you can't unless you use layeredfs.

I can undestand it , if you bought one and thought it was $%$%, but I dont think anyone has posted that SX OS is %$%$%. so you've lost nothing so why are you complaining ?

Last edited by JoeBloggs777,

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is getting funny, TX stole some codes from Atmosphere and baked them into yummy SX cookies. Now hexkyz reverse engineered the recipe of the SX cookies to bake his own Atmospheric cookies.

Last edited by Nincompoopdo,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Those guys have nothing better to work on? Atmosphere could have been done by now...
With how long Atmosphere is taking, I fully expect an XCI and NSP ROM loader to be baked in, along with the usual sig-patches, the networking's 50Mbit/s speed cap removed, version spoofing, and all outgoing telemetry blocked.

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With how long Atmosphere is taking, I fully expect an XCI and NSP ROM loader to be baked in, along with the usual sig-patches, the networking's 50Mbit/s speed cap removed, version spoofing, and all outgoing telemetry blocked.
Considering the views of that team I dont think the first 3 things are going to be included.......
Also blocking all outgoing telemetry (apparently) triggers a ban aswell, doesnt it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1