Hacking Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP]

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Good question! So, I can assure you and the rest that I WILL TRANSLATE ALL the Story,Dialogues,Guides,Events and Tutorials. When it comes to menu,memos,messages,item,monsters,skills,quests I WILL GIVE MY BEST!
As of today(I've been translating for 2-4 days) I've translated the INTRO,Tutorial,Story-beginning and Level 76. Not to mention that I'm working on my own with it, I'm not an English native speaker and this would be my first time editing it so please don't judge me or my "work". If anyone'd want later to edit the text(translate it into another language/correcting grammatical errors done by me) I'll make a tutorial for that!!!

Hi

Thanks for the reply shadow I appreciate it and thank you for doing this.
However whats going on with the OP of this thread? Are you going to change the OP? Are you gonna use any of the scripts previously transalated by the guys listed on the OP? Have you asked/considered this? Or are you doing it from scratch?

sh4d0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi

Thanks for the reply shadow I appreciate it and thank you for doing this.
However whats going on with the OP of this thread? Are you going to change the OP? Are you gonna use any of the scripts previously transalated by the guys listed on the OP? Have you asked/considered this? Or are you doing it from scratch?

You're welcome! :)
Ok so...I don't honestly understand this part:
"However whats going on with the OP of this thread? Are you going to change the OP?"
If you mean by editing the thread header, I won't do that since the biggest credits go to @StorMyu @Falo @Sporky McForkinspoon and @exorcizamus so yeah, pretty much no. As of right now I'm trying to understand how to "convert" the files from UTF16 to UTF8 (The word Kirito for example in Japanese,it's 3 characters long but in English it's 6...) Also, I'd need save data's in different places/floors of the game!!! So that I could easily check the translation faster.
When I'll end the translation, I'll release it as V 1.0 and then ask any english-native speaker to correct grammatical errors so that later I could make another better version than the one before!!!

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
You're welcome! :)
Ok so...I don't honestly understand this part:
"However whats going on with the OP of this thread? Are you going to change the OP?"
If you mean by editing the thread header, I won't do that since the biggest credits go to @StorMyu @Falo @Sporky McForkinspoon and @exorcizamus so yeah, pretty much no. As of right now I'm trying to understand how to "convert" the files from UTF16 to UTF8 (The word Kirito for example in Japanese,it's 3 characters long but in English it's 6...) Also, I'd need save data's in different places/floors of the game!!! So that I could easily check the translation faster.
When I'll end the translation, I'll release it as V 1.0 and then ask any english-native speaker to correct grammatical errors so that later I could make another better version than the one before!!!

Yep I meant changing the thread hedder just so that ppl now ur working on it actively. But regardless good luck. We will be watching.

Reactions: sh4d0w

DarkHao

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
very waiting for translation=))) thx u for this hard work=))) for gamers like me, who don`t know jap, it`s like a great gift from heavens=)))

Reactions: Happ654

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Translations aren't that fast even for paid work. For a single (unpaid) translator, it'll be better to expect anywhere from six months to a year.
A great translator 1000 chars per hour and this will result in approximately 500 English words (2.5 pages typically). 800 chars per hour for a good translator.

You just gotta put in the hours. If you do, it'll eventually get finished. The text size was never published. There were a number of "strings," but that's not useful. I need to know how many characters are in the whole thing.
For a game with 1M characters, that will take about 1,000 hours to translate. Games vary widely in character count. The longest game I know of is Fate/Stay Night (PC Version) which has 4M characters; there are also modern games with very small text counts.
And as for unpaid, yeah, everything else comes first, hobbies last. That's just how life is.

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A great translator 1000 chars per hour and this will result in approximately 500 English words (2.5 pages typically). 800 chars per hour for a good translator.

You just gotta put in the hours. If you do, it'll eventually get finished. The text size was never published. There were a number of "strings," but that's not useful. I need to know how many characters are in the whole thing.
For a game with 1M characters, that will take about 1,000 hours to translate. Games vary widely in character count. The longest game I know of is Fate/Stay Night (PC Version) which has 4M characters; there are also modern games with very small text counts.
And as for unpaid, yeah, everything else comes first, hobbies last. That's just how life is.
By translations I meant the whole process, not solely straight translation. I meant translating, translation checking, localization for jokes and other nuances that don't translate over, editing, revising, and the like.

Last edited by AttackOtter,

sh4d0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Translations aren't that fast even for paid work. For a single (unpaid) translator, it'll be better to expect anywhere from six months to a year.
It won't take that much. Basically I CAN(not saying that I am) translate the main story for each level in a day! That would mean nearly 4 weeks for all the levels.Add here another 2 weeks to complete the game and check the translation if it's good or notI I don't have anyone who's willing to play the game and save it after every quest that they clear so I have to do it on my own unfortunately)! Right now I haven't translated that much, I'm still at level 77 and that's because I'm trying to mix things up and see where it goes. I found out how to unpack OFS3 header files and the rest of them but I'll translate ONLY the main story,mails,guides,tutorials and PROBABLY quests,zone names and the bubbles over people's heads! The rest I think is already done by the other translators!

Last edited by sh4d0w,

sh4d0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
UPDATE #2:
LEVEL 76: Fully translated!
LEVEL 77 Main Story translated!(don't have screenshots since I haven't cleared level 76 yet)
MAILS: Found the way how to deal with them(probably might have some problem with string length limitation)
QUESTS: Someone else(I can't say his name because probably he doesn't want for the moment we're talking) has shown up and we're helping each other out! So yeah, Quests WILL BE translated!
BUBBLES,ITEMS,MONSTERS NAMES: PROBABLY will be taken into consideration!
NEWS IRL: I've bought a PsTv together with a Ps3 joystick and might consider buying Hollow Fragment to check out the translation!
NEW UPDATES: Don't expect nothing in less than a week!
HELP NEEDED: JUST PLAY THE GAME AND SAVE IT AFTER EACH QUEST!

THANK YOU!

reinzhart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
UPDATE #2:
LEVEL 76: Fully translated!
LEVEL 77 Main Story translated!(don't have screenshots since I haven't cleared level 76 yet)
MAILS: Found the way how to deal with them(probably might have some problem with string length limitation)
QUESTS: Someone else(I can't say his name because probably he doesn't want for the moment we're talking) has shown up and we're helping each other out! So yeah, Quests WILL BE translated!
BUBBLES,ITEMS,MONSTERS NAMES: PROBABLY will be taken into consideration!
NEWS IRL: I've bought a PsTv together with a Ps3 joystick and might consider buying Hollow Fragment to check out the translation!
NEW UPDATES: Don't expect nothing in less than a week!

THANK YOU!
If i can give you suggestion, if you want more general people to help you out in matter of save point i think you should release partial patch at least for fully translated UI,item,skill and general bubble text for character and npc that important,
people might want to help but can't played it properly without that.
like other said i think at least you need 6 month+(without TLC maybe)to properly translate this and just don't push it, it will burn you out and stop halfway.
I might not play this again(beat the crap out vita ver)but i think there are still a number of people will appreciate your work, so props for you to even think to continue this.

Last edited by reinzhart,

Tylerrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

well i'd assume the people who haven't played this are ones who have been waiting for a patch.

I tried playing it a long time ago but not being able to understand stuff takes the fun out of it for me.

sh4d0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
well i'd assume the people who haven't played this are ones who have been waiting for a patch.

I tried playing it a long time ago but not being able to understand stuff takes the fun out of it for me.

I get what you mean,trust me I feel the same. But currently I'm translating the main story and the other guy is hex editing other files. I just thought maybe there are people who have played it even in jpn language

exorcizamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
i plan to make a beta test after the first battle is translated
sh4d0w is already translating the scripts but he is busy now i make my own script translate while he busy
what in the beta test
90% of items translated no more corrupted characters displayed And the Game not freeze anymore! i find a method to dig deep in the files
50% of sword skill names are translated
item attributes and types translated
i show some pictures from the first batte

Attachments

• NPJH50701_00000.jpg
    NPJH50701_00000.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 522
  • NPJH50701_00001.jpg
    NPJH50701_00001.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 446
  • NPJH50701_00002.jpg
    NPJH50701_00002.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 426
  • NPJH50701_00003.jpg
    NPJH50701_00003.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 392
Last edited by exorcizamus,

Tylerrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i plan to make a beta test after the first battle is translated
sh4d0w is already translating the scripts but he is busy now i make my own script translate while he busy
what in the beta test
90% of items translated no more corrupted characters displayed And the Game not freeze anymore! i find a method to dig deep in the files
50% of sword skill names are translated
item attributes and types translated
i show some pictures from the first batte

Missing some spaces in the text, also in the 3rd one shouldn't that be World instead of word?

exorcizamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
it just a beta i need to deal with 2500 scripts it not to easy and the game sometimes cut the end of the words not posible to insert back everthing with 100% percent fit

Last edited by exorcizamus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...