Hacking Switching PSN accounts?

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm attempting to switch PSN accounts on my Vita without formatting the entire system. There's an application called Account Switcher which I've attempted using but it cannot find my current account on the system. I assume it relies on the PSN spoofing which broke awhile back? The memory card is currently unslaved, by the way.

Anyway, if that route is a bust then how would I go about switching my PSN account without losing the data from my old account? I assume that I won't be able to use games linked to one account whilst on another, hence why I wished to use that application for simplicity. Regardless it would be nice to have the game I'm trying to install be on the system, ready for when I can change between accounts on the fly.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
AccountSwitcher requires an activated Vita. If you're not activated, use this guide to activate: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-activating-your-unactivated-vita.460577/

Also note, you have to do a complete restore at least once to add the second account in, but this only formats the system portion of your Vita (you can choose not to format your memory card, or simply remove it before restoring).

But why bother doing this anyways? Since PSN spoofing broke it's a little pointless IMO. You could just download the games (or dump them yourself, whatevs) and install them all to one account so you don't have to bother switching at all. It's not like trophies or saves matter anymore, since no PSN spoofing.

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Because region-restricted games, that's why.

And as I understand it my system should be activated. Doesn't Adrenaline require you to be activated? Since I own a PS1 Classic on the system + I've installed Adrenaline, it should be. Yet I cannot load or save my current profile.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The Vita is region free, you can install whatever games you want on any region account. The only region restriction is with PSN itself, which doesn't matter anymore because no PSN access.

When you say you already unslaved the memory card, do you mean you used the unslave option in AccountSwitcher before doing anything else? It's likely the id.dat got deleted or moved, which I believe AccountSwitcher requires to still be on the memory card before backing up the account.

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The Vita is region free, you can install whatever games you want on any region account. The only region restriction is with PSN itself, which doesn't matter anymore because no PSN access.

It kind of does matter when you're trying to install a game from your PS3 but the PSN accounts don't match.

It seems like I goofed anyway by unslaving it so I guess I'll just have to do a complete restore like you suggested. Will this break my content/adrenaline in any way?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You can restore the id.dat by removing the memory card and putting it back in, that will generate a new id.dat.

Restoring will break Adrenaline, you can backup your act.dat so you don't have to run through activating with the method I posted. AccountSwitcher does that for you as well during it's process.

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Tried both removing the memory card and reinserting, then restoring the system and setting up with the same account as prior w/ memory card. Neither have made my memory card slaved to the PSN account in question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho that went wayyyy different than I thought it was going lol