ROM Hack Switching from gatway 3ds to cfw

ANG3LK1LL3R127

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guy I'm in need of a little help here since being in quarantine the last few months my wife has been playing on my gateway 3ds daily. This morning she some how ruined the emunand, it had been giving her an update message for a week or so and I believe she accepted it. Now the emunand doesn't work anymore. I've decided to bite the bullet and make the switch to cfw. I have been trying all morning with zero success. I'm following this guide 3ds. hacks. guide trying to use soundhax method to install. my current fw version is 4.4.0-10u after playing the <3 nedwill 2016 sound it goes to a black screen with white text saying: "otherapp kartik try build smealum.github.io/ninjahax2/ srvinint<>". I've gone there and cant figure it out. I've also tried using the safeb9installer through the browser and that didn't work either. along with trying to flash my blue gateway cart with nrtboot but apparently my cart isn't supported. I'm kinda lost here been out of the scene to long hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. thanks

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Spoiler: gateway is a cfw, a crappy one to go

You could simply update your sysnand to the newest version and, well, proceed with any 11.13 method

Reactions: E1ite007

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Hayato213,

ANG3LK1LL3R127

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did try the browser method only to find out fw versions ending in 0 don't have browser support from what had read. I received this 3ds xl on this fw version years ago and immediately bought the gateway cards because it was the only option at the time.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did try the browser method only to find out fw versions ending in 0 don't have browser support from what had read. I received this 3ds xl on this fw version years ago and immediately bought the gateway cards because it was the only option at the time.

Try the MSET method, your last resort would be updating to 11.13 and either do the NTRBootHax method requiring a compatible flashcard, you can use the gateway blue card if you have that or do the Seedminer which cost 2 dollars.

Reactions: ANG3LK1LL3R127

ANG3LK1LL3R127

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was able to install finally thanks. now on the finalizing setup section it says updates "while using b9s+luma." Do I need to do anything to boot into them like I had to before with gateway? just dont want to update it on accident sorry for the noob questions you all have been very helpful so far.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was able to install finally thanks. now on the finalizing setup section it says updates "while using b9s+luma." Do I need to do anything to boot into them like I had to before with gateway? just dont want to update it on accident sorry for the noob questions you all have been very helpful so far.

No you don't need anything else, do the finalizing setup.

ANG3LK1LL3R127

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys rock! came in clutch for me. everything seems to be working now. I'll have to figure out how to go from here. can I still use my current .3ds games I already had? or is there a new format required?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
You guys rock! came in clutch for me. everything seems to be working now. I'll have to figure out how to go from here. can I still use my current .3ds games I already had? or is there a new format required?

Install FBI and convert your 3ds files to cia files and install the cia files with fbi :)

https://3ds.hacks.guide/godmode9-usage.html
and jump on the right to -> Converting a .3DS to .CIA

A more detailed guide with screenshots:
https://www.cfwaifu.com/3ds-to-cia/

Installing cia files:
https://www.cfwaifu.com/3ds-install-games-homebrew/

(skip the run fbi from homebrew browser if you have already installed fbi on your 3ds somehow (see next link))

[EDIT]
http://wololo.net/2016/07/24/3ds-install-fbi-cia-files/
How to install FBI cia file to your 3ds

Last edited by DjoeN,

RobotHelper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hi there. Just like you, I’m looking to shift from Gateway after setting it up years ago. How did you end up getting it done? Did you follow the guide as if it was a stock system without any changes? Soundhax eventually came through with more tries?

Thanks in advance!

ANG3LK1LL3R127

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. Just like you, I’m looking to shift from Gateway after setting it up years ago. How did you end up getting it done? Did you follow the guide as if it was a stock system without any changes? Soundhax eventually came through with more tries?

Thanks in advance!

soundhax didn't work for me. I ended up following the bootstrap9 mset method and that worked in my case. I had tried soundhax, the browser method and even tried to flash my blue gateway cart for ntr boot all which didn't work for me. mset worked like a charm and I've never been happier. make sure you use the appropriate version for your fw.

Think you can use the 4.4.0 Mset method to install B9S, if soundhax doesn't work for you.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(mset).html

Give soundhax few more try before moving on to Mset.

Additionally you can try the browser method if you browser work,

https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(browser)

Depends on how you got to 4.4.0-10U in the first place.

Reactions: Hayato213

RobotHelper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
soundhax didn't work for me. I ended up following the bootstrap9 mset method and that worked in my case. I had tried soundhax, the browser method and even tried to flash my blue gateway cart for ntr boot all which didn't work for me. mset worked like a charm and I've never been happier. make sure you use the appropriate version for your fw.

thanks so much – will go with mset and see how I get on :)

ANG3LK1LL3R127

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on a side note if you want to keep any of your game saves you will want to decrypt them before you make the switch. the gateway cart is the only way to decrypt them. and the .sav file isn't compatible with any other save manager from my finding.

RobotHelper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to report back for the sake of future readers, the shift from Gateway went smoothly. I gave soundhax a go and it worked on the 3rd try. Updating the system failed but the guide led me through an extra few steps and it was sorted. All up and running in a couple of hours all told. Thanks for your help!

(Another note: I ditched all old data/saves so didn’t fiddle with any of that, and was not converting .3ds to .cia so didn’t have to get into that either.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu