Hacking Switch -> Wii U Gamepad Mod?

themperror

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hopefully once the switch has homebrew, the devs from cemu can make something that makes emulating WiiU games a bit better, by streaming the gamepad to the switch and using its controllers too, that way you have a "real" wiiu emulator, with a switch instead of a wiiu gamepad (obv why would u emulate WiiU if you have a WiiU lying around..so don't expect people to have a gamepad)

Aeturnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully once the switch has homebrew, the devs from cemu can make something that makes emulating WiiU games a bit better, by streaming the gamepad to the switch and using its controllers too, that way you have a "real" wiiu emulator, with a switch instead of a wiiu gamepad (obv why would u emulate WiiU if you have a WiiU lying around..so don't expect people to have a gamepad)
Can't we technically do this already? Load up cemu, pair the switch controllers to the PC and use that remx launcher on the switch? I haven't used either program, but a quick read implies it shouldn't be too difficult. Hardest part would be figuring out how to prevent the joycons from resyncing to the switch.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, thinking about it, it could theoretically be possible if the release schedule for Rainway isn't tampered with.

If that PC streaming app does in fact release on the eShop this holiday, then I could see this possibly happening.

- Install Rainway on Nintendo Switch.
- Set up the DRC-Sim client as a Steam shortcut.
- Get some sort of client via a raspberry pie/another computer (as that server only runs on linux at the moment.)
- And basically relay the Wii U Gamepad signal to your server -> PC -> Nintendo Switch.

But, not everything is a guarantee at this point. We really don't know how rainway will preform or heck, if Nintendo will allow it. Not to mention, there could be some sort of input lag with that method.

All in all, its best to wait and see. If nothing changes, then we'll see if this method is reliable or not. If Rainway isn't accepted, then we'll have to wait for dedicated homebrew to appear.

Or something official from Nintendo (which will most likely never happen.)

Tsubakiandou

Mystery member
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i think I_Hate_Blue means they want to be able to use the switch as alternate gamepad to get rid of the wiiU gamepad altogether. assuming rainfall can take a protocol with homebrew using the WiiU and send that to rainfall or other to the switch to recieve a year or two from now when homebrew is ready for regular users that way they can complain for being dumb and messing up the device everyone will slam post with guides ;)

edit: I can be wrong (
Switch -> Wii U Gamepad Mod?)
but if im right it should be fixed and look like this (
Wii U Gamepad -> Switch?)Mod

Last edited by Tsubakiandou,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Wii U has a dedicated Wifi-direct chip to connect to the gamepad. The best solution would be to get the Switch to connect to the Wii U over Wifi-direct, at the compromise of losing internet connectivity.

I_Hate_Blue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"i think I_Hate_Blue means they want to be able to use the switch as alternate gamepad to get rid of the wiiU gamepad altogether" yep

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay