Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ghostbitxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere 1.4.0 work with firmware 15.0.1
If that is the case, how come Atmosphere 1.3.0 only supported 14.0.0, and they had to release Atmosphere 1.3.1 to support 14.1.0? With that release history, it makes me think that they would need to release Atmosphere 1.4.1 to work with the next 15.x.x release.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that is the case, how come Atmosphere 1.3.0 only supported 14.0.0, and they had to release Atmosphere 1.3.1 to support 14.1.0? With that release history, it makes me think that they would need to release Atmosphere 1.4.1 to work with the next 15.x.x release.
Only Nintendo can decide that. If they only change something like the list of banned words, there’s no need for an Atmosphere update. In this case the changes were extremely minor. I checked the release notes and upgraded without looking. we got lucky.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...endo-switch-system-updates-and-change-history

Ver. 15.0.1 (Released October 31, 2022)​

• Resolved an issue causing Error Code: 2181-1000 to appear when playing DLC from a console other than your primary console.
  • Resolved an issue preventing screenshots during specific in-game scenes for some games.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because 15.0.1 work with Atmosphere 1.4.0 so there wasn't a new release needed

Reactions: binkinator

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah? Well you better MAKE a release, buddy. It’s the law! 🤣
Capture.JPG

This was what SciresM said about Atmosphere 1.4.0 and Firmware 15.0.1, not like there is any major change under the hood that require a newer update.

Reactions: binkinator

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi, it's been an incredible long time I didn't update my stuff and now I kinda want to do it, I never booted cfw on my sys and i'm only interested to do so on my emunand.

I'm on 13.2 (emu) and I would like to go on 15.1, I tried to just replace the atmo/hekate files by drag and drop but it didn't worked as planned and I got a "noldrchk" error, got scared so I restored a backup of my sd I did before trying to update.

I was also planning to update my sigpatches, should I just drag and drop the content of the .rar available on this thread on my sd after updating atmo/hekate/the firmware or should I do something else ?

Thanks for your patience and have a nice evening

Last edited by Kanakops,

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
If you have an updated master key it should be 0e, I believe firmware 15.0.0 introduced master key 0e
To be honest, I'm not sure anymore what we are talking about now.
I don't know if I need to use any of the payloads to check that, if I need to run some update on those prod.keys, if I need to generate them again, or what I have to do!
If you can detail me the steps, I would be much appreciated!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, it's been an incredible long time I didn't update my stuff and now I kinda want to do it, I never booted cfw on my sys and i'm only interested to do so on my emunand.

I'm on 13.2 (emu) and I would like to go on 15.1, I tried to just replace the atmo/hekate files by drag and drop but it didn't worked as planned and I got a "noldrchk" error, got scared so I restored a backup of my sd I did before trying to update.

I was also planning to update my sigpatches, should I just drag and drop the content of the .rar available on this thread on my sd after updating atmo/hekate/the firmware or should I do something else ?

Thanks for your patience and have a nice evening

Go through this guide and you will cover everything necessary to upgrade.

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

e: and yes, this is a great thread for latest Sigpatches https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

Reactions: Kanakops

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks but just a question, at this point should I just delete the olders folders I was using (atmosphere/bootloader) since i'm going to reinstall the news one or can I just overwrite them ?
I personally move/rename them to /atmosphere.bk and /bootloader.bk. This way I can quickly roll back to the old state without a full restore from backup. It it also helpful because you might want to reference things like your old /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file and it’s easy because it’s right there in /bootloader.bk/ directory. Same for system modules installed in /atmosphere/contents/. You can copy the contents/* directories one at a time after you successfully upgrade atmosphere and Hekate to see if anything breaks. Very easy.

e: you can delete them after everything succeeds. They are small so don’t worry.

Reactions: Kanakops

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I'm not sure anymore what we are talking about now.
I don't know if I need to use any of the payloads to check that, if I need to run some update on those prod.keys, if I need to generate them again, or what I have to do!
If you can detail me the steps, I would be much appreciated!

You probably have updated key if you are able to run tegraexplorer on 15.0.1

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did block ninty communications, there's just nothing I can do about that?
Yes because as I explained, the console maintains an internal database of updates for all games. If you don't want the nag, then you shouldn't update your firmware but if you want to play newer games, you have to update your firmware. The simple solution is to install the updates.

manaconda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be harder for you to move to a larger card if you have a hidden partition emunand, probably be easier if you set up a new emunand on the new SD and reinstall your games and move your save over, you could also try cloning the SD, and then resizing the card.
Thank you for all the help guys, it sounds like it's easier to start over, is there a guide on starting fresh?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica