Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

XeSanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Which would you recommend of the 2 if im not sure hekate is configured? and by the way, the guide mentions having a Jig, my console did not include it, the previous owner told me to simply connect the console with a USB C cable to the PC and pass the payload from there, I imagine that also works and I can skip the jig part right?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which would you recommend of the 2 if im not sure hekate is configured? and by the way, the guide mentions having a Jig, my console did not include it, the previous owner told me to simply connect the console with a USB C cable to the PC and pass the payload from there, I imagine that also works and I can skip the jig part right?
You can pop out your SDCard and put It in your PC and have a look around.

Look for a file called /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini and post it here. We can walk you through how it is set up.

If the instructions you were given were to just cable up and inject, they probably turned on AutoRCM so you won’t need a jig anymore. It will default to RCM mode upon reboot with AutoRCM turned on.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark

Attachments

• contents.png
    contents.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Patches.png
    Patches.png
    15 KB · Views: 17
  • SaltyNX-Tool.png
    SaltyNX-Tool.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 23

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got around to trying this, and I am hoping that I did something wrong, because if not, this didn't work either. I've never messed with SaltyNX before, could you maybe tell me if the setup on my SD card looks correct?
Looks good. Make sure SaltyNX is set to be on at reboot. To do so you simply need an empty file called boot2.flag in the flags directory.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Looks good. Make sure SaltyNX is set to be on at reboot. To do so you simply need an empty file called boot2.flag in the flags directory.

Yeah, it's probably already activated. There is an empty file called boot2.flag in the flags folder under the contents folder.

But, there is also a flags folder in the SaltySD directory, and this one only has a file called log.flag. This IS correct, right?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's probably already activated. There is an empty file called boot2.flag in the flags folder under the contents folder.

But, there is also a flags folder in the SaltySD directory, and this one only has a file called log.flag. This IS correct, right?

Should be fine. You can manage the state of your sys mods with Hekate Toolbox. You will need to reboot after it’s been turned on.

crashnova

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aha. Gotcha. I’ve not messed with the Incognito inside of Tinfoil in ages. Just taking a look at mine now and it shows my blanked out Serial number (from exosphere.ini.)

View attachment 313514

If it makes you nervous, disable wifi and move your /exosphere.ini file temporarily to /exosphere.ini.bk and reboot. You should see your normal serial number again (no need to ever post it here of course.)

e: if I had to guess, you may have “backed up” a copy of your zero’d out serial number using incognito and it knows that’s incorrect.

The other is just payloads Tinfoil is aware of. Use Hekate as your payload launcher and you’ll be just fine. literally touched nothing in incognito.
Aha. Gotcha. I’ve not messed with the Incognito inside of Tinfoil in ages. Just taking a look at mine now and it shows my blanked out Serial number (from exosphere.ini.)

View attachment 313514

If it makes you nervous, disable wifi and move your /exosphere.ini file temporarily to /exosphere.ini.bk and reboot. You should see your normal serial number again (no need to ever post it here of course.)

e: if I had to guess, you may have “backed up” a copy of your zero’d out serial number using incognito and it knows that’s incorrect.

The other is just payloads Tinfoil is aware of. Use Hekate as your payload launcher and you’ll be just fine.
I literally touched nothing in incognito except where it says backup slot 0, I pressed A on it and that's when I saw dirty backup found. I'll take those steps tho.

Btw I see you here helping a lot. We appreciate you.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally touched nothing in incognito except where it says backup slot 0, I pressed A on it and that's when I saw dirty backup found. I'll take those steps tho.

Btw I see you here helping a lot. We appreciate you.
You’re probably OK then. There’s no real reason to turn Incognito on if you have exosphere turned on…other than double bagging that Serial number for extra protection?

Last edited by binkinator,

TakToja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Couple easy things to try:

Do the first two (2) steps of this process and then reboot:

Run fix archive bit option in Hekate. It is in tools, second tab

e: here’s a 3rd option in case those don’t work…go through this guide step by step without skipping anything and it will likely fix your issue.

Thank you for your help, but unfortunately it still dont work

about 2 - hekate shows 0 files fixed

3 - i clean my sd card, and then take all steps of that rentry guide - and still, black screen

any other ideas? I have backup but only from 1st time switch hacking

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your help, but unfortunately it still dont work

about 2 - hekate shows 0 files fixed

3 - i clean my sd card, and then take all steps of that rentry guide - and still, black screen

any other ideas? I have backup but only from 1st time switch hacking
When you say you cleaned your card does that mean you formatted it?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I do not have "contents" directory in the new atmosphere folder [only in my old backup on pc]

everything looks perfect. is this a V1 switch? What payload do you inject and have you updated it to match the latest on your switch?

TakToja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes, it is v1 switch. I inject fusee.bin and hekate_ctcaer_5.7.2.bin using rcm loader. Hekate start without problem, but then when i choose atmosphere i get the logo and black screen [but console is running because rcm loader has light on]

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it is v1 switch. I inject fusee.bin and hekate_ctcaer_5.7.2.bin using rcm loader. Hekate start without problem, but then when i choose atmosphere i get the logo and black screen [but console is running because rcm loader has light on]
Try injecting the fusee.bin you just recently downloaded. This should just work…

TakToja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
still nothing, same thing

i think is something wrong with emummc but i do not know how to check this/fix. Should i nuke everything and make new emummc/bring back from my 1st backup [true is idk it is emummc backup or sysnand backup made when i 1st hack the switch]? i get save files using nxnandmanager, i will lost my all games but i can download them again [200gb of them...] and simply put saves file using nxnandmanager into "new" emummc? and it should work? or i'm missing something

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still nothing, same thing

i think is something wrong with emummc but i do not know how to check this/fix. Should i nuke everything and make new emummc/bring back from my 1st backup [true is idk it is emummc backup or sysnand backup made when i 1st hack the switch]? i get save files using nxnandmanager, i will lost my all games but i can download them again [200gb of them...] and simply put saves file using nxnandmanager into "new" emummc? and it should work? or i'm missing something
I’m right there with you…I reread your initial statement and we’re not even getting to the Nintendo logo. This kinda indicates something went wrong with your emummc and is likely copied over into the nand backup you did. You are correct that you will lose your games and saves but can recover the saves. I would make one more full backup (including boot0/1). If you have your older boot0/1 backups we can try recovering those but at the end of the day I think we’re going to have to recreate a fresh emummc and recover the saves from backup.

e: are you using files based emunand or partition based?

TakToja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It is partition based.

So to sum it up, to bring back to live switch i need:

1. format sd card
2. update my sysnand [idk im correct but when i creat new emummc it whill be based on sysnand version?]
3. do all steps from https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND [skipping making the backup? because i have one] - without autoRCM because i do not want it
4. do all the anti-ban things from https://rentry.org/AvoidSwitchBan [exosphere, incognito etc etc]
5. i start the emummc to check is evrything ok, create profil etc
6. then i add all my hb apps
7. put my sd back to pc and run nxnandmanager, mount newly created user, put save folder from old emummc [or should i use jksv to import it one by one]
8. add games im missing

thats all?

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is partition based.

So to sum it up, to bring back to live switch i need:

1. format sd card
2. update my sysnand [idk im correct but when i creat new emummc it whill be based on sysnand version?]
3. do all steps from https://rentry.org/EristaEmuNAND [skipping making the backup? because i have one] - without autoRCM because i do not want it
4. do all the anti-ban things from https://rentry.org/AvoidSwitchBan [exosphere, incognito etc etc]
5. i start the emummc to check is evrything ok, create profil etc
6. then i add all my hb apps
7. put my sd back to pc and run nxnandmanager, mount newly created user, put save folder from old emummc [or should i use jksv to import it one by one]
8. add games im missing

thats all?
This plan is spot on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Lol