Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Tinfoil still list updates needed for games even though I had already installed them through an SD card? Or does Tinfoil still list them even though I already have them updated? Is there anyway to know which updates I need?

It will list update for game if there is one available if you have latest already it won't list it

CallMePickle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where did you put your roms and what format are they in? (No links please)
roms were placed in "/switch/psnes/roms/" directory on sdcard.
I've tried running PSNES in applet mode and full mode. No roms appear.
The ROM I used was from Vimm's Lair. It is a (.sfc) file. Super Mario World (USA).

As far as Pokemon Shield goes, I think I've figured it out. I'm dumb and I think the versions of the game are different. Gonna try fixing that later.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roms were placed in "/switch/psnes/roms/" directory on sdcard.
I've tried running PSNES in applet mode and full mode. No roms appear.
The ROM I used was from Vimm's Lair. It is a (.sfc) file. Super Mario World (USA).

As far as Pokemon Shield goes, I think I've figured it out. I'm dumb and I think the versions of the game are different. Gonna try fixing that later.

Here’s what I did:
  1. grab the psnes.nro file from here: https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu
  2. create a /switch/psnes/ directory
  3. place the .nro inside the directory above
  4. open HBMenu using title override and run psnes one time and quit (to create directory structure)
  5. place roms in newly created /switch/psnes/roms/ directory.
  6. launch hbmenu again via title override
  7. scroll down to desired title (see below) and click to play
image.jpg image.jpg

note: grabbing the recommended zip file of the romset from the readme just for fun as I believe it will turn all the red title names to white for me.

Lalapaloozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I just bought a used v1 unpatched switch thats also not banned and seems completely clean. I have my old v1 thats only using sysmmc and was unfortunately banned due to my stupid mistake. I got this new one because I'd like to keep this new one's sysmmc clean and play online with friends.

How can I transfer everything over to my new switch and keep it's sysmmc clean while taking all my stuff (saves, backups, homebrew) from my old switch's sysmmc and transferring it to the new switch's emummc? Thank you in advance!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I just bought a used v1 unpatched switch thats also not banned and seems completely clean. I have my old v1 thats only using sysmmc and was unfortunately banned due to my stupid mistake. I got this new one because I'd like to keep this new one's sysmmc clean and play online with friends.

How can I transfer everything over to my new switch and keep it's sysmmc clean while taking all my stuff (saves, backups, homebrew) from my old switch's sysmmc and transferring it to the new switch's emummc? Thank you in advance!

e: copying all the old crusty stuff over would be a hassle and then you’re left with who knows what all Frankenstein’d together. Yuck.

i would recommend you start clean by copying your new Switch Sysnand to a new SDCard with a new Emunand.
Update Emunand to latest greatest FW (14.1.1)
Reinstall your games since I’m pretty sure they will be tied to your old switch.
Your homebrew could probably use an update and some won’t work after you update FW and Atmosphere anyway.
Finally, use JKSV to copy your game saves from the old switch to the new.

Reactions: Lalapaloozer

CallMePickle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here’s what I did:
  1. grab the psnes.nro file from here:
  2. create a /switch/psnes/ directory
  3. place the .nro inside the directory above
  4. open HBMenu using title override and run psnes one time and quit (to create directory structure)
  5. place roms in newly created /switch/psnes/roms/ directory.
  6. launch hbmenu again via title override
  7. scroll down to desired title (see below) and click to play
View attachment 313077 View attachment 313076

note: grabbing the recommended zip file of the romset from the readme just for fun as I believe it will turn all the red title names to white for me.
So it worked. I believe the issue is whatever version of PSNES offered by sdsetup (the website) is completely broken. Shame. Reinstalling from their git page worked. Thanks.

Reactions: binkinator

SoraTaiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My homebrew menu isn't working, I've tried entering album, holding r while booting a game, and the same error comes up "software was closed due to an error", I have no idea what's causing this, but I don't think I should format my SD Card over it, any ideas?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My homebrew menu isn't working, I've tried entering album, holding r while booting a game, and the same error comes up "software was closed due to an error", I have no idea what's causing this, but I don't think I should format my SD Card over it, any ideas?
please let us know some versions:

FW:
Atmosphere:
Hekate:
HBMenu:

Have you recently upgraded or made any other changes?
Do you access your SDCard with a Mac?
Are you booting CFW using fusee.bin or package3?
Sysnand or Emunand?
have you downloaded the latest hbmenu?

SoraTaiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware, 12.0.2, Atmosphere, M.19.3|S, Hekate 5.5.6, never upgraded, I use Windows 10 for SD Card, Fusee, Sysnand (probably I just use Sysmmc) 99% sure I have 3.4.0 HBMenu.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware, 12.0.2, Atmosphere, M.19.3|S, Hekate 5.5.6, never upgraded, I use Windows 10 for SD Card, Fusee, Sysnand (probably I just use Sysmmc) 99% sure I have 3.4.0 HBMenu.
perfect…thanks. that eliminates a few things.

I would recommend getting everything upgraded to FW 14.1.1 and Atmos 1.3.2 with Hekate 5.7.2. Doing so will clean up a lot of kruft and eliminate possible misconfigs that might have happened. Once you’ve done that, if the issue still persists, at least we’ll have a level playing field to start diving in.

if you don’t have a guide already, this one gets it done:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Specifically these pages:

https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

https://rentry.org/UpgradeDowngrade
(Darthsternie Firmware is solid)

https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

reg45

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

i've tried to find an fitted answer on the different forum but i have not enough mirco electronic technical knowledge to understand the answers that could fit my question.

after a session my switch got overheated then shut down. when i try to boot again, it only shows a black screen or a flashing brand nintendo logo.

when i plug to charge it, it says it is full charged.

i thought it was because of the fan so i changed it but nothing changed.

i've never made or try to had homebrew or anything else. i've made all the nintendo updates.

in what direction i can look to try to repair my switch ?

i've spent so much time on my favorite games on it and it would be great not to lost all i've done...

thanks for your help

Evan5935

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any experienced SkyrimNX modders who can help me understand why i keep getting a weird checkerboard across my entire field of view (anywhere i turn or look) upon loading the game when installing a mod like CheatRoom??
Using ussep, and the anniversary-for-switch patch doesnt do this. Am i loading some .bsa files after others and it is messing with the load order?

Attachments

• 20220610_095115.jpg
    20220610_095115.jpg
    899.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220610_095104.jpg
    20220610_095104.jpg
    935.4 KB · Views: 27

Heidi_Hasenhoppel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Hello,

I have installed deepSea. With nintendo FW 14.1.1. Now the gamecards aren't recogniced anymore. This isn'T dramatic, but I haven installed any programms yet. So I cannot start the homebrew with botton 'r' & taping on a game (cause I have no game installed)? Is there any other macro?

Keep healthy.

Reactions: Evan5935

Evan5935

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sou
Hello,

I have installed deepSea. With nintendo FW 14.1.1. Now the gamecards aren't recogniced anymore. This isn'T dramatic, but I haven installed any programms yet. So I cannot start the homebrew with botton 'r' & taping on a game (cause I have no game installed)? Is there any other macro?

Keep healthy.
sounds like sigpatches arent installed....

or you need to add the line 'kip1patch=nosigchk' (no apostrophes) under 'fss0=atmosphere/package3' in both the 'CFW sysnand' and 'CFW EMMUMMC' sections of hekate_ipl.ini, if you have installed sigpatches and still get the issue

hekate_ipl.ini can be found in sd:/bootloader

edit: nvm. i misread and thought you were talking about your old, previously installed stuff post update

Reactions: Heidi_Hasenhoppel

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Keep healthy.

you need to edit the config for nogc

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hello

i've tried to find an fitted answer on the different forum but i have not enough mirco electronic technical knowledge to understand the answers that could fit my question.

after a session my switch got overheated then shut down. when i try to boot again, it only shows a black screen or a flashing brand nintendo logo.

when i plug to charge it, it says it is full charged.

i thought it was because of the fan so i changed it but nothing changed.

i've never made or try to had homebrew or anything else. i've made all the nintendo updates.

in what direction i can look to try to repair my switch ?

i've spent so much time on my favorite games on it and it would be great not to lost all i've done...

thanks for your help
If you press power button and it shows logo on and off, then press again same thing, that case you mostly having issue on motherboard missing voltage. Send to Nintendo Switch experienced tech for repair

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Tinfoil still list updates needed for games even though I had already installed them through an SD card? Or does Tinfoil still list them even though I already have them updated? Is there anyway to know which updates I need?
Tinfoil checks what games yiu have installed and cross references their versions with an online database that contains the name of the latest versions of each game. If it finds an needed update, and it knows where one of those updates is available, it will list it under the Updates tab. I hope this helps.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Well crap...that's great...and awful. It still feel's like patches.
That guide would have had you go to the iTotalJustice patches. If you did that, try using these:

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.
Sigpatchesget your iTotalJustice Sigpatches here (with free instructions!)

I keep a list of homebrew I use in my sig. I think the last round there were issues with mission control, fizeau and the loss of decimal place accuracy for temperature. All have since been patched up though so unless you have some esoteric piece of software things are pretty friggen stable in the Switch scene right now.

I hear you but I also think the mixing and matching might be causing your issue. It's a lot easier to troubleshoot something if we're all on latest everything.

Yes, Sept was deprecated. Here's the release note announcement when it was removed from the repot.

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/0.20.0

Fusee-primary/secondary are gone...now there's only Fusee.bin and package3. Boot times were greatly reduced and of course stability continues to be enjoyed by all.

No worries. I need to go touch some grass myself.

Hey
So I've been slowly making progress on your "ToDo" XD, and I have updated my Firmware to the latest, 14.1.1. I have also tried the latest Sig Patches from ITotalJustice, and unfortunately, nothing has changed...There are a total of 4 games that refuse to boot after I followed that guide. Tbh, I doesn't really bother me too much, but there is 1 far more annoying issue.

I went back to the Switch hacking scene because there was a new game I really wanted to play and I had to update my FW to play it. I installed it with TinWoo but every time I try to launch the game, I was told to disable Airplane mode, and if I do that, the Switch tries to run a check to see if the game can be played, which errors out due to no internet connection, and I am NOT giving it internet access. One other newly installed game also gives this exact same issue.

Any idea what this is about? That's what's really starting to get to me. I just can't figure this out:S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work