Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I tell ? I didn't have to choose ... did I ?
Most probably it is EmuNAND since it doesn't work when I change the SDs ...
What do you see here:
Settings —> System —> System Update
1649701065583.jpeg

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the new SD it is: 13.2.1|AMS 1.3.1|S (I tried an older FW
With my original SD ... I can NOT boot to see this
perfect…so on your new SD card you are using (S)ysnand. You didn’t build an (E)munand as part of that build.

Please share a screenshot of you root directory of your old sd card. I’m actually curious about the contents of your sd:/emummc/emummc.ini file.

zografos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
perfect…so on your new SD card you are using (S)ysnand. You didn’t build an (E)munand as part of that build.

Please share a screenshot of you root directory of your old sd card. I’m actually curious about the contents of your sd:/emummc/emummc.ini file.
[emummc]
enabled=0
sector=0x0
id=0x0
nintendo_path=

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[emummc]
enabled=0
sector=0x0
id=0x0
nintendo_path=

This is on your old card? Looks like emunand is completely disabled And you’re on (S)ysnand there as well. Updating my mental diagram here…

Since your Atmosphere is 1.3.1 let’s upgrade to FW 14.1.0 (with FAT32 and exfat) using Daybreak on your new card. This should fix everything and you’ll be on your way.

Saberthor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a V1 Switch running the latest Atmosphere with the emunand on firmware 12.1.0 and using the latest version of Hekate. I have been trying to get into my Sysnand but nothing I found on the forums have worked. If I have AutoRCM on and try to boot to Sysnand from the Hekate launch menu, It freezes on the Hekate logo, If I turn AutoRCM off I get dialog saying something along the lines of "found pkg1 and mkey 6 loaded config stock mode" no errors or anything in red, but it'll just freeze on the that dialog screen. With AutoRCM off and using the button to boot normally, I just get a black screen. There's a chance that the sysnand was on a way lower firmware than the emunand. I have been killing myself trying to fix this, any help would be appreciated greatly.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a V1 Switch running the latest Atmosphere with the emunand on firmware 12.1.0 and using the latest version of Hekate. I have been trying to get into my Sysnand but nothing I found on the forums have worked. If I have AutoRCM on and try to boot to Sysnand from the Hekate launch menu, It freezes on the Hekate logo, If I turn AutoRCM off I get dialog saying something along the lines of "found pkg1 and mkey 6 loaded config stock mode" no errors or anything in red, but it'll just freeze on the that dialog screen. With AutoRCM off and using the button to boot normally, I just get a black screen. There's a chance that the sysnand was on a way lower firmware than the emunand. I have been killing myself trying to fix this, any help would be appreciated greatly.

please share your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini

Saberthor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please share your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Followed the Rentry.org guide

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Followed the Rentry.org guide
I subscribe to the same guide and am on FW 14.1.0/AMS1.3.1/Hekate 5.7.2 so I can do a quick test to see if I can duplicate your ish.

update: well that was easy. It dropped right in. posting my hekate_ipl.ini in a sec.

Code:
[config]
autoboot=1
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=1
backlight=55
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
emummcforce=1
kip1=atmosphere/kip_patches/*
logopath=/graphics/splash/atmosphere.bmp
icon=/graphics/icons/current/atmosphere.bmp
id=atmo

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=/graphics/icons/current/stock.bmp
id=sysn

[SX OS]
payload=bootloader/payloads/sxos.bin
logopath=/graphics/splash/sxos.bmp
icon=/graphics/icons/current/icon_sxos.bmp
id=sxos

Lets try temporarily moving your /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bak and see if that lets us boot via the Hekate menu and explicitly selecting Stock Sysnand

Last edited by binkinator,

Saberthor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I subscribe to the same guide and am on FW 14.1.0/AMS1.3.1/Hekate 5.7.2 so I can do a quick test to see if I can duplicate your ish.

update: well that was easy. It dropped right in. posting my hekate_ipl.ini in a sec.

Code:
[config]
autoboot=1
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=1
backlight=55
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
emummcforce=1
kip1=atmosphere/kip_patches/*
logopath=/graphics/splash/atmosphere.bmp
icon=/graphics/icons/current/atmosphere.bmp
id=atmo

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=/graphics/icons/current/stock.bmp
id=sysn

[SX OS]
payload=bootloader/payloads/sxos.bin
logopath=/graphics/splash/sxos.bmp
icon=/graphics/icons/current/icon_sxos.bmp
id=sxos

Lets try temporarily moving your /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bak and see if that lets us boot via the Hekate menu and explicitly selecting Stock Sysnand
Actually I now notice I don't even have /contents at all. However, it does seem that your .ini directly booted me into the sysnand and the firmware version is 6.2. My goal is to sell the Switch so I have to figure out how to get it to turn on via the power button and boot into stock above all. Forgive me, im extremely tired, i should've mentioned this before.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I now notice I don't even have /contents at all. However, it does seem that your .ini directly booted me into the sysnand and the firmware version is 6.2. My goal is to sell the Switch so I have to figure out how to get it to turn on via the power button and boot into stock above all. Forgive me, im extremely tired, i should've mentioned this before.

Ok, great. So it’s booting.

Is your goal to sell it as hacked or just hackable?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hackable preferably, I want to avoid a situation where someone buys it hacked and complains because they don't know how to use it properly.
I would:

1. upgrade Sysnand to 14.1.0
  2. turn off AutoRCM
  3. do a factory reset
  4. format the sd card
  5. pack it in the box
  6. call it a day

Reactions: Takokeshi

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
if i were to buy a switch today, which version is the best version?
i found out about O3DS and N3DS difference AFTER i brought the old one. I'd like to know better now that i'm thinking of buying a switch

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found out about O3DS and N3DS difference AFTER i brought the old one. I'd like to know better now that i'm thinking of buying a switch
You have to buy one with an unpatched serial number. Check this thread for a full list.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
V1 Hands down

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, that's very useful information i would've never find out on my own.
Anything else like.. regarding performance? lite VS regular switch with a dock?
Only unpatched consoles can be easily hacked by anyone. Anything past the first generation of Switch consoles will require a modchip which in turn will require soldering.

Steel-Winged_Pegasus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TL;DR: Switch from 2017 doesn't go into RCM anymore and also the WiFi just... shat itself somehow. No connections show up at all when I search in the settings. Full story under the spoilers, because it's long and I figured it might help me try to figure something out if I wrote down everything I can best remember.

So after a few months of not being charged at all, due to holding off on a digitizer repair (touch screen is mostly okay, just a small section doesn't respond to touch), I decided to charge my Switch back up. First thing I noticed was that the WiFi wasn't connected, so I tried to connect, wouldn't connect. Checked everything, kept getting error code 2110 1100, so cleared settings and set up the WiFi connection manually. Still didn't work. :s

Decided to set that to the side, so I rebooted back into stock to play some Skywalker Saga, and I found that I had to update the system to play the game. Thought that was weird, since I thought I had to be online for that, so I hit okay to see what would happen, and I guess it was a cart update? Because it didn't show up when I said no, but did when I hit update, so my Switch is on FW 13.2.0 now. A few hours later, I wanted to try again with the WiFi, figuring I could try to do something in Hekate. Not sure what my reasoning was behind that, but yeah.

Couldn't get into RCM. Okay, just gotta update the payloads and such on my RCM loader, right? I updated to the very latest payloads, and... well, I still couldn't get into RCM. I Googled it and it seems that the likely culprit is that something wore out on the rail, but I'm not sure if they mean the rail on the tablet that the JoyCons go into or the rails on the JoyCons themselves, because my JoyCons still charge and work just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P