Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would have been an answer to my question. Not that hard right?
Not as hard as reading what I said an hour ago, about four posts ago, apparently. Please don't act like I only just now answered your question. Your listening ears weren't on.
No. First, video guides are infamously outdated and incorrect. Second, if you restore a clean NAND after installing the modified save file, the modified save file will be overwritten. Third, if you could inject the modified save file without dirtying your NAND any other way (it is possible), the modified save file alone could get you banned.

If I remember correctly, I've already outlined the only relatively safe way to get hacked Pokemon into Pokemon Home, and it requires a separate clean Switch to trade to using local play.

The hacked Pokemon themselves are unlikely to cause a ban, but a hacked save can get you banned.

Colabear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would have been an answer to my question. Not that hard right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you are new to modding switch, you should google switch patch checker. If your switch is patched, u will not be able to mod it.
My Switch is not even on the list. XKW5002xxxxxxx

Colabear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your system settings, you can find your system version. Follow these steps:
https://en-americas-support.nintend...63/~/how-to-determine-the-system-menu-version

If you're concerned with hacking your Switch, you should know that the RCM exploit works regardless of the system version, assuming your Switch is RCM vulnerable.
Thanks for the link. When I go to System, System Update, it does not display the current version. It only has a note which says (i) System Update is ready.

Thank for your time and help.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link. When I go to System, System Update, it does not display the current version. It only has a note which says (i) System Update is ready.

Thank for your time and help.
Unfortunately, because it's a Mariko unit, your Switch is unhackable regardless of the system version. The only way to hack your system is with a TX modchip.

Colabear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because you have a new Mariko unit. It's unhackable without a TX modchip.
So all I really want to do is play solo games and use a few cheats to level the playing field. LoL So a mod chip would mean taking the unit apart and soldering the mod chip. What is the successes of that not destroying the switch?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So all I really want to do is play solo games and use a few cheats to level the playing field. LoL So a mod chip would mean taking the unit apart and soldering the mod chip. What is the successes of that not destroying the switch?
That all depends on your skills, but a modchip is your only option with this Switch.

Colabear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, because it's a Mariko unit, your Switch is unhackable regardless of the system version. The only way to hack your system is with a TX modchip.
So since it can't be soft modded, what would be the harm in running the system update?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That all depends on your skills, but a modchip is your only option with this Switch.
OK, I don't have any problem with soldering. I have a few years of working in the electronics field. So where would I look for one of these mode chips?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since it can't be soft modded, what would be the harm in running the system update?
The only reason not to update would be to hold out for a future softmod exploit, but that's unlikely to happen, and if it were to happen, it is highly unlikely to occur anytime soon.

If I were you, I would probably go ahead and update.

Colabear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason not to update would be to hold out for a future softmod exploit, but that's unlikely to happen, and if it were to happen, it is highly unlikely to occur anytime soon.

If I were you, I would probably go ahead and update.
OK, what the H3LL, I run the update.

After the update, it says I'm on 10.0.4

Last edited by Colabear,

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been doing a TON of reading before touching my console, and got a good idea now.. One thing I am not sure on. Thanks for all the advice here !

After the console is rebooted, it reverts back to stock. What do you need to do to get it back to the CF, or do you have to do the whole booting process again ? Is there progress towards a hack that stays after a reboot ? Just wondering, I just don't know.

As am new to the switch, does the switch really need to be rebooted often ?

And one other... Once I set up, I have only a 64gb card but, ordered a 128gb, So if I set it up on the 64gb, can I just copy the contents to the 128gb (after exfat or fat32 format) and drop it in ?

Last edited by DavidinCT,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been doing a TON of reading before touching my console, and got a good idea now.. One thing I am not sure on. Thanks for all the advice here !

After the console is rebooted, it reverts back to stock. What do you need to do to get it back to the CF, or do you have to do the whole booting process again ? Is there progress towards a hack that stays after a reboot ? Just wondering, I just don't know.

As am new to the switch, does the switch really need to be rebooted often ?
When using an RCM exploitable Switch, you will need to boot into RCM and push the payload for your CFW each time you coldboot the system. Without hardmodding the system, CFW will not be persistent after a coldboot, unlike the 3DS.

That being said, there are things you can do to minimize the inconvenience of this. If you install AutoRCM, your Switch will automatically coldboot into RCM, removing half the steps. You'll still need to push an RCM payload for CFW though, which means you cannot coldboot your system with AutoRCM installed unless you're near a computer or another device that can push RCM payloads.

The easiest way to give the illusion of a persistent hack, however, is to just keep your Switch in sleep mode and docked when you're not using it.

So after doing some research I ordered a rcm loader can someone direct me to a trustworthy updated guide for it?
If you're RCM loader boots Hekate, then you don't ever have to update it. Just update Hekate and other payloads on your SD card, and the version of Hekate on the RCM loader will automatically boot those.

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using an RCM exploitable Switch, you will need to boot into RCM and push the payload for your CFW each time you coldboot the system. Without hardmodding the system, CFW will not be persistent after a coldboot, unlike the 3DS.

That being said, there are things you can do to minimize the inconvenience of this. If you install AutoRCM, your Switch will automatically coldboot into RCM, removing half the steps. You'll still need to push an RCM payload for CFW though, which means you cannot coldboot your system with AutoRCM installed unless you're near a computer or another device that can push RCM payloads.

The easiest way to give the illusion of a persistent hack, however, is to just keep your Switch in sleep mode and docked when you're not using it.

Thanks I saw someplace that there is a Android app, can I use that for a quick payload push if traveling, if needed ? Or what is that for ?

And if I setup AutoRCM (it sounds like a nice option) can it be disabled ?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I saw someplace that there is a Android app, can I use that for a quick payload push if traveling, if needed ? Or what is that for ?
Yes, if you have a cable that can connect your Switch directly to your phone, you can use your Android device to push an RCM payload to your Switch. However, as long as you never fully power off your Switch, you probably won't need to do this. Just leave it in sleep mode when you're not using it, and don't let it die.

And if I setup AutoRCM (it sounds like a nice option) can it be disabled ?
Yes, AutoRCM can be disabled if you end up not liking it. Some pros of AutoRCM are as follows:
  1. You don't need a jig to enter RCM anymore.
  2. You don't need to hold any buttons to enter RCM anymore.
  3. You can enter RCM anytime you want just by powering off and then on.
  4. Having AutoRCM installed prevents you from booting the system without a custom bootloader, which prevents fuses from being irreparably burnt when updating the system. Preserving the fuse count means you preserve the ability to downgrade later (although you'll probably never want to).
Some cons of AutoRCM:
  1. If you fully power off the system, or if it dies, you cannot re-enter the Switch without sending an RCM payload. Powering on without a way to send an RCM payload will leave you stuck in RCM.
  2. If the battery fully dies with AutoRCM installed, it can be mildly inconvenient to get your Switch back to working order. This is because the Switch automatically powers on whenever you plug it into a power source, and that means it's going to want to enter RCM as soon as it's plugged in. RCM is a battery drain, so it charges extremely slowly when in RCM. In some rare cases, someone with a dead Switch with AutoRCM installed cannot push an RCM payload to boot the system because the Switch doesn't have enough charge to stay on when connected to the computer (the charge from the computer doesn't offset the drain from RCM). The solution is to charge it with a wall charger for an hour or so, even though it's likely going to enter RCM, and then quickly push an RCM payload to return it to charging normally.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: DavidinCT

girlhappygaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello friends,

Complete noob here - however I've managed to hack my switch on some supeerrr old firmware, and have now updated to 10.0.1. However the Switch I have still has all of the old owners data on, and I want to do a factory reset. It's not letting me do one without updating though - and obvs I can't do that because then Atmosphere won't run on the latest software. Any ideas?? Thank you so muchhhhh x

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends,

Complete noob here - however I've managed to hack my switch on some supeerrr old firmware, and have now updated to 10.0.1. However the Switch I have still has all of the old owners data on, and I want to do a factory reset. It's not letting me do one without updating though - and obvs I can't do that because then Atmosphere won't run on the latest software. Any ideas?? Thank you so muchhhhh x
Atmosphere works just fine on 10.0.4 and lower.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sweet Baby Rays is like baseline for a decent/good bbq sauce, but nothing outright incredible
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Stubbs is a pretty damn good sauce that I think you'll find on most grocery shelves as I don't think it's regional
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This shit though
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Best bbq sauce I've ever bought on a grocery store shelf
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    smokey flavor that reminds me of beef jerkey on top of a really rich kind of bbq sauce. Heat level that is a nice zing, not overwhelming, but it tingles all the way down your throat
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    50% closer to getting my teeth fixed
    +4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm at the grace gods of my insurance fucking me over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was like is this the way out, oh probably there's a giant exit sign
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We all should have free health, dental, vision care, and make the college kids pay for the schooling, f that college forgiveness plan our govt doing now, its really not fair for all others in the past that had to pay for they're schooling anyways (like me, with 2 kids I paid to send to college in the past)
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    whynotboth.jpg
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, very true
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I think we should outlaw healthcare entirely because the fact that people can get healthcare today is unfair to those in the past that couldn't
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • mthrnite tempBOT: @ mthrnite
    smacks Sicklyboy around a bit with a large leech
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Howdy @mthrnite , great to see you :D
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    hola mi hermano
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @Sicklyboy - the comparison would be forgiving all medical debt, not making healthcare illegal!
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Although I still don't agree, medical debt is rarely a choice, whereas enrolling in university is certainly a choice
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    we need more smart cats tho for reals
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    College costs, college loans, book prices, the entire thing is predatory, oft touted as essential to a successful life for my generation and the ones since, and completely unaffordable without putting you through an insane financial hardship for literal decades in many situations.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Many of the same issues can be seen for the insanely predatory healthcare and health insurance system in the US
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    ^this
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's important for society to be healthy and educated. If those things can't happen because all of the institutions that prop up those industries make it unattainable for all but a small portion of society, then your society is largely going to be disease ridden, dying, and uneducated in very short order.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Issue is it's too rich of a coperation already with bad sugar diets causing diabetes and killing teeth a new set of teeth around 90k
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Issue is it's too rich of a coperation already with bad sugar diets causing diabetes and killing...