Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

k3lv1n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Technically you are correct as eMMC USER only contains save and game data.
just to confirm again, there won't be any problem if i restore from the "partial" backup (i.e.BOOT0/BOOT1 and eMMC SYS), that is, to restore cfw sysnand to a clean state sysnand with the partial backup (besides losing user save/game data)?

MiniPutin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
  1. You don't have to turn off the console to boot into sysMMC with Hekate
  2. Yes
  3. Yes since the save data is stored within the internal memory

Got it! Since I'm new to the scene I must admit I'm afraid of even trying to go back to emummc after going online in sysnand, but hey, I'll have to do it sooner or later and lose my fear. Glad to know it's safe! Thanks again!

Reactions: Draxzelex

1alien1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
  1. You don't have to turn off the console to boot into sysMMC with Hekate
  2. Yes
  3. Yes since the save data is stored within the internal memory

The gamecard slot has its own updates introduced in firmware 4.0 and 9.0 that once applied prevents it from being used on firmware versions below the one it was installed from. To update your firmware, you can use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. To update your CFW, simply download the latest boot.dat from TX's website. I wouldn't say the latest firmware is stable with SX OS as it still relies on a beta but firmware 9.2 is plenty stable.

Depends on what you are doing and how many sysmodules you have running.
Switch back to using ReiNX.

so i forgot a little. i have to update the ofw cia choidujour and also the cfw or are they linked? i thought it was possible to have different firmwares on both?
and i saw the newest ofw is 10.0.2 but the latest sx beta says support only to 10.0.1?

i really just want to have the ofw to the latest to play some smash online again...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn even new reinx won’t let me play retroarch flycast. Just did a fresh install any suggestions to how play flycast?
What do you mean?

so i forgot a little. i have to update the ofw cia choidujour and also the cfw or are they linked? i thought it was possible to have different firmwares on both?
and i saw the newest ofw is 10.0.2 but the latest sx beta says support only to 10.0.1?

i really just want to have the ofw to the latest to play some smash online again...
OFW is your firmware. CFW are just the files you put on your SD card. CFW is not a firmware. Different versions of CFW support different firmware versions but booting different versions of CFW do not boot different firmware versions. Also ChoiDujour only supports up to firmware version 6.1. Lastly, while on their site they state it only supports up to 10.1, 10.2 is so incredibly similar to 10.1 that a new update was not needed.

just to confirm again, there won't be any problem if i restore from the "partial" backup (i.e.BOOT0/BOOT1 and eMMC SYS), that is, to restore cfw sysnand to a clean state sysnand with the partial backup (besides losing user save/game data)?

Ninse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can use bricmii to know the number of antidowngrade count, but is there any way to have the same kind of count for the gamecard reader?
Also, can I use one pro controller on multiple consoles? Or do I have to switch (pun unintended) between them?

Last edited by Ninse,

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been using the Kosmos/hekate method for Atmosphere. Now that Kosmos updates are done, I'm wondering If I should "get rid of" Kosmos and reinstall vanilla Atmos. Not using emuMMC either.

I don't care about using Tinfoil, is there any point for me "reinstalling" atmosphere? I'd like to update to AMS 0.12 soon, so just get the 'minimal' package from SDsetup and copy/paste to update Atmos? No need to worry about kosmos stuff?

Draxzelex, you really are a legend. Been reading this thread backwards for several pages looking for an answer to my question and you basically run this thread! Found an answer where you said you don't need to delete anything to get rid of Kosmos. Sorry if this was a dumb post but I want to be sure I understand.

Last edited by TheCasualties,

Fat2d2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Any one else have issues with their sd card. I have read its usually a hardware problem which it looks like to me. I can load atmosphere and it can be running smoothly for any period of time and suddenly I will get the sd card error message mid game and will have to power off and reboot to atmosphere. The only thing in my mind is I have updated a number of times by dragging the updated files in and letting them replace their existing counterparts. Is there any chance this repeated process over a number of updates has caused a bug? Just really hoping I don't have to mess with the sd card slot.

linkstan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finally, just updated everything and got flycast to work. Is there more packages im not aware of that improves the graphics or performance? Or joypad profiles to dl? Just happy to get it to work finally!

i’m on 1.8.4 RA

Last edited by linkstan,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can use bricmii to know the number of antidowngrade count, but is there any way to have the same kind of count for the gamecard reader?
Also, can I use one pro controller on multiple consoles? Or do I have to switch (pun unintended) between them?
Unfortunately there is no tool that can display the gamecard reader's fuses. Also you can only use one controller per console.

I've been using the Kosmos/hekate method for Atmosphere. Now that Kosmos updates are done, I'm wondering If I should "get rid of" Kosmos and reinstall vanilla Atmos. Not using emuMMC either.

I don't care about using Tinfoil, is there any point for me "reinstalling" atmosphere? I'd like to update to AMS 0.12 soon, so just get the 'minimal' package from SDsetup and copy/paste to update Atmos? No need to worry about kosmos stuff?

Draxzelex, you really are a legend. Been reading this thread backwards for several pages looking for an answer to my question and you basically run this thread! Found an answer where you said you don't need to delete anything to get rid of Kosmos. Sorry if this was a dumb post but I want to be sure I understand.
Kosmos is Atmosphere and SDSetup can basically provided the same package as Kosmos but with a different name (its the first option from the left). You can either switch to using SDSetup or downloading vanilla Atmosphere.

Any one else have issues with their sd card. I have read its usually a hardware problem which it looks like to me. I can load atmosphere and it can be running smoothly for any period of time and suddenly I will get the sd card error message mid game and will have to power off and reboot to atmosphere. The only thing in my mind is I have updated a number of times by dragging the updated files in and letting them replace their existing counterparts. Is there any chance this repeated process over a number of updates has caused a bug? Just really hoping I don't have to mess with the sd card slot.
Sounds like you constantly remove the SD card from your console which can damage the SD card reader in the Switch.

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
finally, just updated everything and got flycast to work. Is there more packages im not aware of that improves the graphics or performance? Or joypad profiles to dl? Just happy to get it to work finally!

i’m on 1.8.4 RA
Just keep everything (cores, RA itself and your CFW) up to date, that's all. You can configure/remap controls as you want inside RA.

Fat2d2

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Unfortunately there is no tool that can display the gamecard reader's fuses. Also you can only use one controller per console.

Kosmos is Atmosphere and SDSetup can basically provided the same package as Kosmos but with a different name (its the first option from the left). You can either switch to using SDSetup or downloading vanilla Atmosphere.

Sounds like you constantly remove the SD card from your console which can damage the SD card reader in the Switch.

I do indeed in order to chop and change games. I opened and reseated the reader today. No errors so far.

Zantos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Every few months my fat32 sdcard gets corrupted by retroarch and i dont know why. Atmosphere just crashes and nothing works anymore after that. Last thing that i did: tried to start Fzero expansion pack on N64DD in Retroarch
Got the log for this error maybe it can help https://pastebin.com/FaGRkAh5

powman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using neutos atm, cheats on edizon show for some games and not others though, i have checked all the title id's and BID's and they match yet still some games are missing, tried installing tesla overlay and using that way but it crashes the switch on payloaad send, is there any way to use normal atmosphere, with tinfoil and get tesla overlay to work or the cheats in edizon to work properly?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
using neutos atm, cheats on edizon show for some games and not others though, i have checked all the title id's and BID's and they match yet still some games are missing, tried installing tesla overlay and using that way but it crashes the switch on payloaad send, is there any way to use normal atmosphere, with tinfoil and get tesla overlay to work or the cheats in edizon to work properly?
everything you mentioned works in vanilla atmosphere

2tailedfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed a few things today. Sys-clk, an app for an available updates list, sys-clk editor, tesla menu and sys-clk plugin for it, and a thing called autopower or auto reboot. Something like that. Went to use the last one to restart the switch and now it is 'bricked.' By bricked I mean that Atmosphere will not load. I can get to rcam and hekate ok but loading atmosphere will just basically turn off the switch or at least put it in a state that seems off. I do not have emummc. Any help?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Installed a few things today. Sys-clk, an app for an available updates list, sys-clk editor, tesla menu and sys-clk plugin for it, and a thing called autopower or auto reboot. Something like that. Went to use the last one to restart the switch and now it is 'bricked.' By bricked I mean that Atmosphere will not load. I can get to rcam and hekate ok but loading atmosphere will just basically turn off the switch or at least put it in a state that seems off. I do not have emummc. Any help?
Just reinstall all your cfw files from scratch (and don't install that one sys module that was the cause of your issue this time).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work