Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

k3lv1n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
had upgraded to 10.0.2 & AMS 0.12.0 with Hekate 16.1 (via sdsetup site), and now few games are having error "Could not start software. Please try again from the HOME Menu", some games are fine though, what could be the possible issue?

carlosritchie

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys can someone please direct me to a way to do a new clean install that will allow me to download games directly from tinfoil with the hbg shop that works best. At the moment i am having problems installing larger games, so im thinking of just starting over from scratch and formatting the sd card which is 128gb sandisk ultra. also if possible a way to savemy game progress so far, my switch is currently banned so thats not a worry and i didnt need online play. so please any help would be great

JustinKG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna dump my ACNH cartridge. I have FAT32 so it will split into 2 parts. I'm on update 10 but someone tells me I have to be on emu 9.2. How do I revert?

hyguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If my Switch gets banned, can I use transfer save data feature to move the data to a new Switch? And if I do, will the new Switch get banned too?

helinton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi guys, i'm new to the hacking scene for switch, i was able to start in RCM, install atmosfere, gold leaf, tinfoil, install NSPs, make a nannd backup etc, i even got a rcm loader, working fine, i'm playing it all, i'm using 90dns,i have the sigpachts, i'm able to install nsp via usb but i got some questions i could not understood, ok lets go
can I acess nintendo server in cfw without getting ban? games and shop? what is the changes to get banned in game online or in shop?
in airplane mode I power my switch in OFW and the games of emuNannd show up, I tried to run and it gave me an error, so I took of my sd card off and restard in OFW and the games still show up, now i'm afraid to connect my switch in OFW in the internet, what take us to the other question
its risk to run OFW in the internet in nintendo servers? without 90dns? after unlocking it and playing in emuNannd?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is this site good for update the cfw?
https :// darthsternie. net/switch- firmwares/
???

boooluk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i upgraded to 9.2 with latest atmos, but i have problems with the hbmenu, apps crash sometimes and the joycons aren`t working when in hbmenu, any fix?

garathz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed latest hekate create emuMMC did eMMC backup and keys backup and copied nintendo folder back and run latest atmos but the apps i had from the eshop show cloud icon now? what should i do?

Last edited by garathz,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
had upgraded to 10.0.2 & AMS 0.12.0 with Hekate 16.1 (via sdsetup site), and now few games are having error "Could not start software. Please try again from the HOME Menu", some games are fine though, what could be the possible issue?
Have you tried using ReiNX?

Hey guys can someone please direct me to a way to do a new clean install that will allow me to download games directly from tinfoil with the hbg shop that works best. At the moment i am having problems installing larger games, so im thinking of just starting over from scratch and formatting the sd card which is 128gb sandisk ultra. also if possible a way to savemy game progress so far, my switch is currently banned so thats not a worry and i didnt need online play. so please any help would be great
Try using ReiNX and formatting your SD card to FAT32.

I wanna dump my ACNH cartridge. I have FAT32 so it will split into 2 parts. I'm on update 10 but someone tells me I have to be on emu 9.2. How do I revert?
You do not need to downgrade in order to dump your cartridge.

If my Switch gets banned, can I use transfer save data feature to move the data to a new Switch? And if I do, will the new Switch get banned too?
Nope because it requires an Internet connection.

hi guys, i'm new to the hacking scene for switch, i was able to start in RCM, install atmosfere, gold leaf, tinfoil, install NSPs, make a nannd backup etc, i even got a rcm loader, working fine, i'm playing it all, i'm using 90dns,i have the sigpachts, i'm able to install nsp via usb but i got some questions i could not understood, ok lets go
can I acess nintendo server in cfw without getting ban? games and shop? what is the changes to get banned in game online or in shop?
in airplane mode I power my switch in OFW and the games of emuNannd show up, I tried to run and it gave me an error, so I took of my sd card off and restard in OFW and the games still show up, now i'm afraid to connect my switch in OFW in the internet, what take us to the other question
its risk to run OFW in the internet in nintendo servers? without 90dns? after unlocking it and playing in emuNannd?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is this site good for update the cfw?
-snip-
???
Gong online after using CFW and/or homebrew can result in a ban. And that site has links to firmware files, not CFW files so it is only good for updating the firmware. Also remove that link because it is against the site's terms. Lastly, do not double post. If you need to add to your previous post, edit your current post instead.

i upgraded to 9.2 with latest atmos, but i have problems with the hbmenu, apps crash sometimes and the joycons aren`t working when in hbmenu, any fix?
What error codes do you see?

I installed latest hekate create emuMMC did eMMC backup and keys backup and copied nintendo folder back and run latest atmos but the apps i had from the eshop show cloud icon now? what should i do?
You to have to configure the emummc.ini file to point to the Nintendo folder where the games are installed to.

garathz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You to have to configure the emummc.ini file to point to the Nintendo folder where the games are installed to.

ok cool, how do i reference the sd file partition in a path like that? it says emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo now.

nvm just noticed that emuMMC was a folder, not the raw partition, i think i can figure that lol

Last edited by garathz,

garathz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have a backup of my sd card and sysNand before running atmos, i plan to only use atmos, and cheat offline, when i want to go back and use OFW i will restore nand just in case, even though i plan not to load it, and use my old sd card, so it will be like i was just offline and nothing changed right? is that the best i can do?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a backup of my sd card and sysNand before running atmos, i plan to only use atmos, and cheat offline, when i want to go back and use OFW i will restore nand just in case, even though i plan not to load it, and use my old sd card, so it will be like i was just offline and nothing changed right? is that the best i can do?
You can do that or setup emuMMC so one eMMC stays clean from CFW & homebrew while the other does the opposite.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry i dont follow what that means haha
emuMMC as the name implies is an emulation of your console's eMMC which is the chip where all of your system files are stored. emuMMC acts as a "second console" although its closer to a copy than a fully functioning second device. emuMMC is completely separate from the files it uses compared to sysMMC which enables people to run CW & homebrew without tainting both. People mostly use emuMMC for CFW & homebrew since you cannot launch emuMMC without CFW but either one can be used for the sole purpose of loading CFW & homebrew. The only thing you have to keep in mind is that you only go online with emuMMC or sysMMC as going online with both will tip off Nintendo that you are using emuMMC.

MiserySW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently installed emuMMC (I think) using this guide https://switch.homebrew.guide/emummc/windows. At the end of the guide, it states that when I boot into CFW - emuMMC, I should see an “E” at the end of your “Current Version" under "System Settings" indicating that I'm in emuMMC; however, I get a "System Update Is Ready" instead.

When I boot in stock sysnand, it actually gives me my current version when I go into the system settings tab, so I'm almost certain that I'm not accidentally booting into stock sysnand.

Can anyone tell me how to determine if I'm actually booting into emuMMC, or if I'm booting into CFW - sysnand, since I can't see if my current version is "E" or "S"? The last time I "booted" into CFW - emuMMC, it actually booted me into CFW - sysnand -- I didn't install emuMMC and it wasn't enabled my first go around, so that's probably why it booted me to CFW - sysnand.

I restored my previous clean sysnand and set up emuMCC so I could play online on my sysnand while playing offline using emuMMC, but I don't know if I"m actually booting into emuMMC or CFW - sysnand.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• System Update Is Ready.JPG
    System Update Is Ready.JPG
    966.6 KB · Views: 124
  • Stock Sysnand.JPG
    Stock Sysnand.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
  • emuMMC  enabled.JPG
    emuMMC enabled.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 147
  • CFW - emuMMC.JPG
    CFW - emuMMC.JPG
    817.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited by MiserySW,

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there. So my Sysnand is nagging about an update while Pokemon Sword is running in the background.

And i'm pretty much within an update nag/loop which doesn't even let me get back to my paused game and save... (much Stability)

Unfortunately i can't reopen the game. Because the Switch is doing a check if i'm eligible to start the software (why? it is even doing that? EVERY TIME).

But now this check can't be done, because in order to do the check the switch needs to be updated. (Normally you should be able to start the software without updating the system).

So i'm stuck in a loop where i can't open Pokemon to save the game but go around wiithin the Switch. Im on Sysnand OFW so no homebrew access or anything like that :(

1. Is there any other way to remove the update nag without shutting the switch off?
-I've read an post which said that under 10% there won't be an update happening does that still reboot the console?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Just looking for some reassurance... :)
I messed up some atmosphere/hekate stuff, it ended up with me booting up my (clean) sysnand with cfw.
I saw the wifi get a connection, then I quickly turned it off.

I understand there's always risk, but it's not instant ban for just doing that right?
I've seen hacked raids on pokemon, those people must be running cfw. So, if my clean sysnand running atmosphere happens to connect to wifi once, is it a big deal? Is there anything I should do nand-wise, files to delete or edit? (I guess not)
I really don't want to get banned, don't want to lose the few purchases I've made, etc.

Thanks!

JustinKG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just looking for some reassurance... :)
I messed up some atmosphere/hekate stuff, it ended up with me booting up my (clean) sysnand with cfw.
I saw the wifi get a connection, then I quickly turned it off.

I understand there's always risk, but it's not instant ban for just doing that right?
I've seen hacked raids on pokemon, those people must be running cfw. So, if my clean sysnand running atmosphere happens to connect to wifi once, is it a big deal? Is there anything I should do nand-wise, files to delete or edit? (I guess not)
I really don't want to get banned, don't want to lose the few purchases I've made, etc.

Thanks!
If you haven't done any piracies, or big hacks to the switch that deals with hardware, you're fine.

Reactions: cearp

Mr-vip-parking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey there, I know it's not quite hacking related but I was wondering if there is a place where i can just buy a modded switch? I've been searching for a while for pre-patch but it's all eBay with bids on so it's 500+ usually. Australia if that helps

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Mr-vip-parking,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Hey there, I know it's not quite hacking related but I was wondering if there is a place where i can just buy a modded switch? I've been searching for a while for pre-patch but it's all eBay with bids on so it's 500+ usually. Australia if that helps

Thanks in advance
well the new modchip comes out soon, so if you can wait, you can get any switch and hack it.
otherwise you'll have to resort to ebay, or of course, get lucky and find one some other way (local facebook buying/selling pages, charity stores... etc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: It's such a drag :sad: