Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick answer. Yeah, let's hope the clean dump is actually clean since, as you said, it was made before running anything. I have found some guides like this one so hopefully it should not be that hard.

As for the term 'CFW', I may have used it the wrong way. What I meant is installing homebrew, backups and so on (what I was doing) in the "emunand" and going online as everyone does with purchased games in "sysnand", which is the main thing I want to do right now. If having emuMMC makes this possible, I'll go for it. I'll try to find a good tutorial here and try to familiarise with it before doing anything crazy.

Again, thanks a lot!
You don't really need a guide for restoring your backup as all you do is place BOOT0, BOOT1, and the rawnand.bin (or split files) into the backup/restore/(emmc serial number) folder then restore them with Hekate.

Im looking at some Type C USB Cables for my switch, but they all say "charging cord". Will they still work for moving the payload to the Switch?
See if anywhere in the description it mentions data transfer. For reference, this is the cable I bought and personally use. Also please refrain from double posting or pressing the "Post" button multiple times.

I'm on 9.somthing and was thinking of upgrading to os 10 for the button remapping feature. Is there a detailed tutorial somewhere for the best way to do that? Last time I did it, I really stumbled my way through it and I'm not sure I did it right. I dont really understand the whole fuse burning thing.
Fuses dictate what firmware you can downgrade to. The console compares the number of fuses burnt to the firmware you are currently running and determines if the console can boot. If they match, nothing happens. If the fuse count is higher than the firmware, the console will refuse to boot thus preventing downgrading. If the fuse count is lower than the firmware, then the console will burn fuses until the fuse count and firmware match thus preventing you from downgrading to whatever your fuse count was prior. And downgrading is useful in case a future exploit is released exclusively for lower firmware versions such as an untethered coldboot.

Anyways, you can use ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware without burning fuses. Also please refrain from double posting or pressing the "Post" button multiple times.

Reactions: MiniPutin

MiniPutin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You don't really need a guide for restoring your backup as all you do is place BOOT0, BOOT1, and the rawnand.bin (or split files) into the backup/restore/(emmc serial number) folder then restore them with Hekate.

True! Then I'll do it soon. I hope it works! As for the emummc, I've been reading some post here in GBATemp and it seems that the general recommendation is having a clean sysnand as it came (just in case some solution comes in the future), a clean emunand for online (as you said, online with emuMMC is safe) and a dirty emunand for homebrew, backups and so on. Some people just recommend having a sysnand for online and an emunand for homebrew and backups. Whatever the best option is, it seems that emummc is the way to go!

Reactions: Draxzelex

boooluk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
havent been on for a long time, hello to all , i heard there is a new update firmware 10 that causes problems is it fixed? cause im still on 8.1 and dont know if the newer games would work if i stay on 8.1

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
havent been on for a long time, hello to all , i heard there is a new update firmware 10 that causes problems is it fixed? cause im still on 8.1 and dont know if the newer games would work if i stay on 8.1

You can update to 9.2.0, if you don't want to update to 10.0.2, there aren't any games require 10.0.x right now. Bypass method no longer work, so if you get a game that require higher firmware then you need to update.

Reactions: boooluk

E30Nova

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know if I should make a new thread for this or not, so I'll ask here.

I need some help getting hbg shop/tinfoil working again.

I hacked my switch a year or two ago and used the hbg shop and it worked perfectly.

A few weeks ago I opened the hbg shop and there was no option to view all games. It just showed the games I had installed and a list of directories.

So I figured maybe I needed to update.

I don't remember what version of atmosphere I was using, but now I'm on 0.12.0 with the latest hbg shop/tinfoil and the latest patches. The problem is I can't even install tinfoil.

Every time I try to launch the installer I get a black screen for a few seconds and then it backs out to the homebrew menu. After 3 or 4 tries I get a black screen with this error message:

Error: plInitialize() failed: 0x615.
Press the + button to exit.

I've tried formating the SD card to fat32, doing a clean install without copying my Nintendo folder, downgrading atmosphere to 0.8.8, installing goldleaf to try and use that to install tinfoil.

Nothing works, always the same black screen and error.

I'm on 8.0.1 and I'm using fusee-primary for the payload.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know if I should make a new thread for this or not, so I'll ask here.

I need some help getting hbg shop/tinfoil working again.

I hacked my switch a year or two ago and used the hbg shop and it worked perfectly.

A few weeks ago I opened the hbg shop and there was no option to view all games. It just showed the games I had installed and a list of directories.

So I figured maybe I needed to update.

I don't remember what version of atmosphere I was using, but now I'm on 0.12.0 with the latest hbg shop/tinfoil and the latest patches. The problem is I can't even install tinfoil.

Every time I try to launch the installer I get a black screen for a few seconds and then it backs out to the homebrew menu. After 3 or 4 tries I get a black screen with this error message:

Error: plInitialize() failed: 0x615.
Press the + button to exit.

I've tried formating the SD card to fat32, doing a clean install without copying my Nintendo folder, downgrading atmosphere to 0.8.8, installing goldleaf to try and use that to install tinfoil.

Nothing works, always the same black screen and error.

I'm on 8.0.1 and I'm using fusee-primary for the payload.
Don't use HBGShop. You can get games from WarezNX.

E30Nova

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't use HBGShop. You can get games from WarezNX.

Is there anything comparable to the hbg shop?

Something that lets you browse games on the switch and download them directly to the console?

I googled wareznx and it looks like it's invite only, so that doesn't really help at the moment.

Thanks, though.

MiniPutin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi again! I succesfuly finished the NH Switch Guide and I have my emummc ready and separated from my sysnand. Since I plan to purchase Smash and play online, how should I proceed? I was thinking that enabling Wi-Fi on sysnand and navigating through eShop (emummc is currently unused and with airplane mode) could be a good idea. This way I can now if I'm banned and, in that case, change my plans.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything comparable to the hbg shop?

Something that lets you browse games on the switch and download them directly to the console?

I googled wareznx and it looks like it's invite only, so that doesn't really help at the moment.

Thanks, though.
Look me up on Discord. I am Draxzelex #9969

Hi again! I succesfuly finished the NH Switch Guide and I have my emummc ready and separated from my sysnand. Since I plan to purchase Smash and play online, how should I proceed? I was thinking that enabling Wi-Fi on sysnand and navigating through eShop (emummc is currently unused and with airplane mode) could be a good idea. This way I can now if I'm banned and, in that case, change my plans.
As I stated previously, you can go online on either emuMMC or sysMMC. The important part is that you do not go online using both especially after using any CFW or homebrew.

Reactions: MiniPutin

MiniPutin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
As I stated previously, you can go online on either emuMMC or sysMMC. The important part is that you do not go online using both especially after using any CFW or homebrew.

True! It's one of those homebrew misconceptions... OK, so as long as I choose one of them for online and the other for Homebrew, I should be safe... Thanks a lot! You've been really helpful. I was so scared I wanted to be sure of everything.

Reactions: Draxzelex

boooluk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i upgraded to 9.2 with latest atmos, but i have problems with the hbmenu, apps crash sometimes and the joycons aren`t working when in hbmenu, any fix?

Last edited by boooluk,

Godric2100

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Massive noob question, but I’m getting a new Nintendo switch soon and I am looking into hacking my launch day console. If I were to transfer all my save data to the new one, factory reset the old console and hombres it is there any chance of my new one getting banned via logs staying around? Thank.

Adrianom765

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I am planning on buying a new nintendo switch next month, is it still possible to install CFW?, and what is the risk of getting the console banned?, of course not planing on using it for online games.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Massive noob question, but I’m getting a new Nintendo switch soon and I am looking into hacking my launch day console. If I were to transfer all my save data to the new one, factory reset the old console and hombres it is there any chance of my new one getting banned via logs staying around? Thank.
Consoles are only banned for hacking.

I am planning on buying a new nintendo switch next month, is it still possible to install CFW?, and what is the risk of getting the console banned?, of course not planing on using it for online games.
Unless you like soldering, new Nintendo Switch consoles are unable to be hacked now or any time in the near future. It is also impossible to quantify the chances of getting banned as different actions have different risks. Lastly, CFW is never installed on the Switch but the ban risk remains.

Samueladi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi! I'm still new to the Switch Homebrew Stuffs and just recently bought my switch! I've just installed Kosmos 0.16.1 and have installed the Sigpatches, but I have a problem when installing .nsp with gold leaf that said

Error: 2145-0001 (0x291)
Module: ETickets (145)
Description: Unknown or undocumented error (1)

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

Last edited by Samueladi,

Dmafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible to bypass the need for a Nintendo Account to play offline NES and SNES switch online App ?

Edit: used Kefir method.

Last edited by Dmafra,
D

Deleted User

I might have a problem with Tinfoil and honestly, I'm not sure where to ask it. I downloaded Tinfoil 8.10, booted my cfw and went to hb to open the Tinfoil Updater. But it just goes black for like 3 seconds and kicks me out. However, in HOS main menu there is a blank app that's continuously loading. I have Atmosphere 0.12 and the emuMMC on 10.0.2. Why it's not working?

Edit: I saw a similar problem in this thread, but I never used hbg shop.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe