Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheers. Ok that makes sense. And I guess the only downside to updating now is if I want to downgrade back to below 4 I won't be able to use the physical gamecart slot at all but I'd still be able to mount any xci I like using sxos right? It just breaks physical cartridge access?
Not sure actually. SX OS emulates .XCI files from the SD card so it might work but I've never seen someone with an SX OS license try launching a .XCI file from a firmware below 4.0 with an updated gamecart slot.

Reactions: BvonB

BvonB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure actually. SX OS emulates .XCI files from the SD card so it might work but I've never seen someone with an SX OS license try launching a .XCI file from a firmware below 4.0 with an updated gamecart slot.
Interesting one. Thanks for the info!

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is it safe to update to the latest FW now (using latest sx os) or are things still broken? (not keeping myself up to date on those things)

And if i do update, i gotta RE do my nand backup right? since my old one will not work?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it safe to update to the latest FW now (using latest sx os) or are things still broken? (not keeping myself up to date on those things)

And if i do update, i gotta RE do my nand backup right? since my old one will not work?
Aside from DevMenu, everything else seems to work on firmware 6.0.1. However, you should update without burning fuses by using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX so you don't have to throw away your old NAND backup because you burnt fuses.

Reactions: zerohealinzz

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Aside from DevMenu, everything else seems to work on firmware 6.0.1. However, you should update without burning fuses by using the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX so you don't have to throw away your old NAND backup because you burnt fuses.

Are there any risk with ChoiDujourNX?

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
About the only risk is that it installs AutoRCM but people use it without trying to avoid burning fuses and is more of a boon than a liability in the right hands.

I currently installed autoRCM with SX os Will using ChoiDujourNX break something when it enables autoRCM? (like compatability issue haha i dont know maybe weird question)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently installed autoRCM with SX os Will using ChoiDujourNX break something when it enables autoRCM? (like compatability issue haha i dont know maybe weird question)
ChoiDujourNX reinstalls boot0 because it is firmware-specific meaning that regardless if you have AutoRCM enabled beforehand or not, ChoiDujourNX will override it with or without AutoRCM (by default, ChoiDujourNX installs AutoRCM).

Reactions: zerohealinzz

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ChoiDujourNX reinstalls boot0 because it is firmware-specific meaning that regardless if you have AutoRCM enabled beforehand or not, ChoiDujourNX will override it with or without AutoRCM (by default, ChoiDujourNX installs AutoRCM).

Alright! then i will take a look at ChoidujourNX tonight :) thanks alot! (As always!)

Reactions: Draxzelex

Flare-be

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a NAND backup from my Switch when it was on 4.1 and clean. Now I have EmuNAND installed with SX OS wich runs 6.01 and SysNAND 4.1. If I want to restore the clean NAND can I just do so right now or should I first uninstall the emuNAND? And if I do restore the original NAND does that mean the emuNAND automatically goes away? (until I reinstall it) Thanks for clearing this up for me :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a NAND backup from my Switch when it was on 4.1 and clean. Now I have EmuNAND installed with SX OS wich runs 6.01 and SysNAND 4.1. If I want to restore the clean NAND can I just do so right now or should I first uninstall the emuNAND? And if I do restore the original NAND does that mean the emuNAND automatically goes away? (until I reinstall it) Thanks for clearing this up for me :)
I'd restore the clean NAND before setting up EmuNAND because your SysNAND is most likely still tainted with whatever CFW and homebrew you ran on it. And if you restore your NAND anytime after setting up EmuNAND, your EmuNAND will be removed because SX OS installs the EmuNAND within the SysNAND.

NightsEkim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently my old switch got banned so I bought a new switch, the new switch is hackable, and the old switch has a few save files I want from it (or want to recreate using a save editor) is it possible to get the keys for both switches, mount the partitions in windows get the save from banned switch, and move it to new switch (I assume not because its probably signed with keys for the old switch but worth asking)?

Also is it possible to get the keys for new switch, grab a save off of new switch by mounting the partitions, editing the save and pushing it back to new switch without getting banned? (Not splatoon 2 btw)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently my old switch got banned so I bought a new switch, the new switch is hackable, and the old switch has a few save files I want from it (or want to recreate using a save editor) is it possible to get the keys for both switches, mount the partitions in windows get the save from banned switch, and move it to new switch (I assume not because its probably signed with keys for the old switch but worth asking)?

Also is it possible to get the keys for new switch, grab a save off of new switch by mounting the partitions, editing the save and pushing it back to new switch without getting banned? (Not splatoon 2 btw)
This is a tutorial on how to transfer save data from one console to another without homebrew but with an RCM payload: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transplant-savedata-system-and-user-from-other-switches.506840/

For your second question, the answer is no.

Lucarian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could somebody explain to me how it would work if I got a Switch (First of all what version are they currently at?) Homebrewed it, then started playing pirated games? I want to make a separate offline nand to play all my offline games that I pirated (Like BOTW Odyssey, Other games) and then if I could play online games on the Switch Nand itself.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could somebody explain to me how it would work if I got a Switch (First of all what version are they currently at?) Homebrewed it, then started playing pirated games? I want to make a separate offline nand to play all my offline games that I pirated (Like BOTW Odyssey, Other games) and then if I could play online games on the Switch Nand itself.
What you're referring to is an EmuNAND type of solution which only SX OS has but its not the EmuNAND that the scene is used to because instead of being run from the SD card, it is emulated from the NAND. Not even sure if you need a license to use their EmuNAND either.

If you don't wish to use their version of EmuNAND, the alternative is to make a clean hack-free NAND backup before hacking the console, stay offline with your hacks, restore the clean hack-free NAND before going online, make another clean hack-free NAND since you cannot restore the same NAND twice, then rinse and repeat. A more detailed guide can be found here under "Best Way to Avoid Bans". Once you have a clean hack-free NAND backup, the best guide for setting up CFW can be found here->https://www.sdsetup.com/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ