Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

bwbear

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I've had a HWFLY installed in a Switch Lite and it's been great. I've just won an OLED switch and was looking at installing the same chip again however the AliExpress store has been on holiday for a while. Would anyone be able to tell me....

• Do I need to check my RAM to see what chip is compatible?
  • What is the best chip to get (I won't be installing this myself but get a professional to)
  • Where is the best place to get a chip?
Sorry to re-ask but don’t want to make a thread… I can’t find the answers to the above and hoping someone can advise…

Persondotexe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to 17 and keep getting HOS panic occurred code 06. I know you guys probably get asked to fix it alot but nothing I do works. And yes I did update Atmosphere, fusee.bin, and hekate.

mtnmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I accidentally upgraded to FW 17.0. I can no longer boot into AMS because I get the yellow frozen screen. Is there a place where I can download the full SD card contents for 17.0, so that I can boot into AMS and downgrade my FW back to 16.1?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Reactions: mtnmann

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you :) so if I'm correct i can update my emummc while keeping sysmmc and stock on the old firmware without problem?
Yes.
Is there a way I can use NXMP outside of Applet Mode while we wait for Sigpatches ? Or does NXMP work okay with Applet Mode ?
You don't need patches to use NXMP via title override. Just hold R over any title to launch the homebrew menu.
Sorry to re-ask but don’t want to make a thread… I can’t find the answers to the above and hoping someone can advise…
I'd recommend you make a thread. Modchips aren't noob-friendly so better to ask the experts.

Reactions: bwbear and Blythe93

twothree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a guide, its pretty self-explanatory. You're basically going to use the homebrew application Daybreak which comes bundle with Atmosphere. If you don't have it, you can download it from the official Atmosphere GitHub page. The second thing you will need to download are the firmware files of the firmware you wish to update to. Since these are copyrighted material, they cannot be linked on this site but rest assured they are readily available on the Internet. Once you have both on your SD card, its as simple as launching Daybreak and navigating to where you put the firmware files.
I was able to update Hekate, Atmosphere, and the Stock OS. Funny thing is it turns out all that had to be done was to click Start Software. The games didn't require the OS to be updated. It just prompted that the games had an update haha. But I learned a lot throughout this process. I also removed the old Kosmos setup that was installed as well.

Last did I burn any fuses by updating using Daybreak? Could I downgrade if needed? I don't think I would need to but I am curious.

JustJoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get a yellow screen when launching SysMMC, any solution to this? :(
For Sys I have 17.0.0 and for Emu I have 16.1.0. I have Atmosphere 15.5.0 and the latest version of Hekate with current sig patches. Updating Atmosphere allows me to enter Sys but it says ‘failed to apply nosigchk’. It also allows me to enter Emu but it doesn’t let me open games such as Super Mario Wonder and (I think) Bayonetta 3 and Kirby Return to Dreamland.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Sys I have 17.0.0 and for Emu I have 16.1.0. I have Atmosphere 15.5.0 and the latest version of Hekate with current sig patches. Updating Atmosphere allows me to enter Sys but it says ‘failed to apply nosigchk’. It also allows me to enter Emu but it doesn’t let me open games such as Super Mario Wonder and (I think) Bayonetta 3 and Kirby Return to Dreamland.

nosigchk is sig patches related issue.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I was able to update Hekate, Atmosphere, and the Stock OS. Funny thing is it turns out all that had to be done was to click Start Software. The games didn't require the OS to be updated. It just prompted that the games had an update haha. But I learned a lot throughout this process. I also removed the old Kosmos setup that was installed as well.

Last did I burn any fuses by updating using Daybreak? Could I downgrade if needed? I don't think I would need to but I am curious.
You cans update/downgrade using Daybreak and fuses are not touched.

And even if you have burnt fuses booting Atmosphère will ignore them
Post automatically merged:

You need Atmosphère 1.6.1 because it is the only solution to that issue. Is a pre release so you must go to Atmosphère's tag section on releass

Reactions: Blythe93

Adelherz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

on my previous thread i tried to restore my EmuNAND backup after my Switch crashed. I was still able to boot into SysNAND but my EmuNAND wasnt working anymore.

Since nobody could help me i tried to restore the Switch now by deleting all stuff on the SD Card and then using this guide:
https://www.cfwaifu.com/atmosphere-tinfoil/
and this
https://www.cfwaifu.com/switch-emunand/
to set it up again. There were a lot of things differently than in the guide. e.g. there wasnt any fusee-secondary.bin or hekate_ipl.ini.

The result now is that i cant even boot into SysNAND anymore, so nothing is working anymore. I just want to reset my Switch and then i will try it from scratch again or maybe i sell it as all of those is so difficult ...

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello,

on my previous thread i tried to restore my EmuNAND backup after my Switch crashed. I was still able to boot into SysNAND but my EmuNAND wasnt working anymore.

Since nobody could help me i tried to restore the Switch now by deleting all stuff on the SD Card and then using this guide:
https://www.cfwaifu.com/atmosphere-tinfoil/
and this
https://www.cfwaifu.com/switch-emunand/
to set it up again. There were a lot of things differently than in the guide. e.g. there wasnt any fusee-secondary.bin or hekate_ipl.ini.

The result now is that i cant even boot into SysNAND anymore, so nothing is working anymore. I just want to reset my Switch and then i will try it from scratch again or maybe i sell it as all of those is so difficult ...
very old guide, use: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

JustJoe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need Atmosphère 1.6.1 because it is the only solution to that issue. Is a pre release so you must go to Atmosphère's tag section on releass
But then I wouldn’t be able to play my Emu games. Would I have to wait for sig patches for be updated?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
But then I wouldn’t be able to play my Emu games. Would I have to wait for sig patches for be updated?
why not? the latest set of sigpatches are for FW 16.1.0 and Atmosphère 1.6.1 everything will work fine.
Post automatically merged:

by today FW17 is not needed by any software on the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1