Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Switch OLED and my old Switch v2.

Is there no way to hack the v2 like how you hack 3ds or Wii U? Like just put a file in your sd card or visit a website to hack the Switch?
No there isn't at the moment and there isn't anyone publicly working on an exploit. The only way to hack an OLED unit is with a modchip and that doesn't look like it'll be changing anytime soon.

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  1. If you update your system normally, AutoRCM is removed. To keep AutoRCM when updating, you must update in CFW
  2. AutoRCM operates independently of Hekate, Atmosphere, emuMMC, and sysMMC. It also has not changed since it was introduced.

Thank you, just wanted to check, ill use my switch in 16.1.0, wont update to 17.0 yet either until its all sorted out :)

Reactions: Blythe93

raggydabby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, a few months ago I followed a YouTuber guide (better gaming) which now I know wasn't the best idea as the files seem to have alot of unnecessary data in them like themes and such, I was wondering if it would be safe to remove any unnecessary files however I'm not sure which ones they are :). Secondly I'm having trouble after using AIO updater to update atmosphere and the CFW to 16.1.0 from 16.0.3, after I did the update certain apps (Mario wonder and tinfoil) won't start and I receive an error message however I'm having no trouble with any others on the device, I have no idea how to fix this issue, I've updated the sigpatches, hope someone can help :)

bwbear

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I've had a HWFLY installed in a Switch Lite and it's been great. I've just won an OLED switch and was looking at installing the same chip again however the AliExpress store has been on holiday for a while. Would anyone be able to tell me....

• Do I need to check my RAM to see what chip is compatible?
  • What is the best chip to get (I won't be installing this myself but get a professional to)
  • Where is the best place to get a chip?

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My "legally bought" games give me a "Checking software information..." popup. Problem: I'm banned. Looking at untitled, they're listed as Corrupted. However, Tinfoil shows the game normally. System Settings just has a question mark for an icon and no title.
Post automatically merged:

How to do a full system reset? I decided to start over with a fresh SD card. I still see all the games and apps i had previously installed.
Nintendo folder on SD or the titles are on NAND.

UPDATE -- Cartridge games work

Last edited by a_username_that_isnt_cool,

mtnmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the hekate_ctcaer_6.0.7.bin file go on the SD Card. If so, does it go on the root or in a folder?
Or is it just used for payload injection?

Last edited by mtnmann,

hazort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm still on FW 16.1 and i don't plan to update immediately, but it's my first update since i modded my switch and i just need to know how to do it right when a game comes out and demands an update. So, here are my questions:

1) I use only my emunand, never even opened my sysnand but can i update only my emunand? Or do i have to update both of them? And how do i do that exactly? Logging into the OFW and updating normally and then dumping the update?

2) I have a NAND backup as well as the keys but do the keys change after an update? Do i need do use Lockpick again if i go to 17.0? (And if someone is kind enough: Why do these keys keep changing? What exactly are they?

3) No more questions. Thanks for reading. If there's a update noob guide somewhere that i've not seen i apologize for making the same questions again

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, ASUS win11
Well this is still worth trying. Run Hekate and use the Repair the Archive Bit function within.
Hey all, a few months ago I followed a YouTuber guide (better gaming) which now I know wasn't the best idea as the files seem to have alot of unnecessary data in them like themes and such, I was wondering if it would be safe to remove any unnecessary files however I'm not sure which ones they are :). Secondly I'm having trouble after using AIO updater to update atmosphere and the CFW to 16.1.0 from 16.0.3, after I did the update certain apps (Mario wonder and tinfoil) won't start and I receive an error message however I'm having no trouble with any others on the device, I have no idea how to fix this issue, I've updated the sigpatches, hope someone can help :)
You can delete anything except the Nintendo folder. And I would not use the AIO Updater. Its extremely buggy and may lead to more issues. Instead, I would recommend downloading everything individually. This reduces the room for error and ensures you know how to resolve your own issues. Atmosphere can be downloaded from its official GitHub page and since you use a title installer, you will also nee d patches which you can find here.
My "legally bought" games give me a "Checking software information..." popup. Problem: I'm banned. Looking at untitled, they're listed as Corrupted. However, Tinfoil shows the game normally. System Settings just has a question mark for an icon and no title.

Nintendo folder on SD or the titles are on NAND.

UPDATE -- Cartridge games work
Are you sure you have the patches on your SD card? If not, you can download them from this thread.
Does the hekate_ctcaer_6.0.7.bin file go on the SD Card. If so, does it go on the root or in a folder?
Or is it just used for payload injection?
It is only used for payload injection. You do not place it on your SD card.
I'm still on FW 16.1 and i don't plan to update immediately, but it's my first update since i modded my switch and i just need to know how to do it right when a game comes out and demands an update. So, here are my questions:

1) I use only my emunand, never even opened my sysnand but can i update only my emunand? Or do i have to update both of them? And how do i do that exactly? Logging into the OFW and updating normally and then dumping the update?

2) I have a NAND backup as well as the keys but do the keys change after an update? Do i need do use Lockpick again if i go to 17.0? (And if someone is kind enough: Why do these keys keep changing? What exactly are they?

3) No more questions. Thanks for reading. If there's a update noob guide somewhere that i've not seen i apologize for making the same questions again
  1. emuMMC and sysMMC operate independently of one another so if you update one, it doesn't affect the other so updating only emuMMC is the only way you can update emuMMC. As for how to update emuMMC, you can use the homebrew app Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere
  2. New masterkeys are added every major firmware revision. However unless you are repacking games or datamining, there is very little use for these keys.
  3. Follow this guide if you have not found one yet

Reactions: Blythe93

seedx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mistakenly updated my Nintendo Switch to 17.0.0 , I also updated to the newest version of Atmosphere and Hekate.

It is not bricked as it will boot into stock, but when I try booting into "CFW - sysMMC" and error shows up saying " Failed to apply 'nosigchk' "

after that error, it says " Failed to launch HOS ".

Is there anything I can do? Will I just have to wait it out a bit? I would love to get back to playing Super Mario Wonder :D

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I mistakenly updated my Nintendo Switch to 17.0.0 , I also updated to the newest version of Atmosphere and Hekate.

It is not bricked as it will boot into stock, but when I try booting into "CFW - sysMMC" and error shows up saying " Failed to apply 'nosigchk' "

after that error, it says " Failed to launch HOS ".

Is there anything I can do? Will I just have to wait it out a bit? I would love to get back to playing Super Mario Wonder :D
As far as I know, that shouldn't happen if you've updated your Atmosphere (v1.6.1) and Hekate (v6.0.7) for firmware 17.0.0. I would try booting into Hekate and then into CFW - sysMMC with the latest versions properly copied over to the SD card. nosigchk error should be normal for now as there are no working sigpatches at the moment, so you'll need to wait some more before it's released.

It is suggested to downgrade back to 16.1.0 and maybe use these sigpatches, provided by @impeeza, as they are for Atmosphere v1.6.1 and firmware 16.1.0. However, I'm not sure whether downgrading sysMMC CFW via Daybreak is possible? Probably is, but I'm not sure as I've been using emuMMC from the beginning. Someone else can confirm that before you proceed.

In future, do your homework before updating. ^^ It helps a lot if you check whether it's safe to update to the latest firmware before actually doing it. Firmware 17.0.0 introduced some significant changes like the new save file management which you can find more about here.

From my experience, Hekate is usually safe to update whenever a new update is released. Atmosphere is a bit tricky, I always check the changelogs and see if other people experience some issues after updating it. And then there's the sigpatches for the related Atmosphere and firmware version.

Last edited by Blythe93,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
There are no working sigpatches yet for 17.0.0. You'll need to downgrade via Daybreak to 16.1.0 on either emuMMC or sysMMC CFW, depending on what you use, and use these patches. They will working with Atmosphere 1.6.1 (pre-release). You can update Hekate to latest version while you're at it. Make sure to use the latest payloads as well.

Reactions: impeeza and BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC