Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nob Question here,

I just got back my modded switch and I accidently updated the stock OS to firmware 17 and now my CFW says fuse don't match and the sleep option wont be available.

Also if I try and go into stock fw I get the message unknown pkg1 version, fail ro launch host.

anyone know what to do when you make this mistake?

Make sure you use updated version of Atmosphere and hekate.

Barj9

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
So I finally got myself a new 256GB SD card to replace my old 64 one, and after checking the new SD was legit (it is), I started the migration process following a famous rentry guide that I unfortunately can't link. After following the Hekate process, Atmosphere boots up just fine, but apparently my Switch can't recognize the new SD card, outputting the error 2016-0641 - Unable to read SD card. This happens both booting up Sysnand and Emunand, with the new SD inserted. WIth the old card, everything works smoothly. Has anyone any remote idea?
Thanks!

Technical details:
2017 Erista unpatched Unit
Partition based Emunand
CFW Atmosphere 15.5
Sysnand 15.0

Bozerbear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you use updated version of Atmosphere and hekate.
I'll give this a try, I didn't want to update anything more since I didn't set up the SD card I'm not sure how the modder did it so I didn't want to try and update anything.

I'm going to try the all in one switch updater and see if that helps.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give this a try, I didn't want to update anything more since I didn't set up the SD card I'm not sure how the modder did it so I didn't want to try and update anything.

I'm going to try the all in one switch updater and see if that helps.

When you update the firmware, Atmosphere and Hekate needs update

McKingX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I updated atmosphere to 1.6. Do I need to get the sigpatures from somehwere? I tis not included in the main atmosphere release from github right? So I first have to get the sigpatures before updating the firmware to 17 right?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated atmosphere to 1.6. Do I need to get the sigpatures from somehwere? I tis not included in the main atmosphere release from github right? So I first have to get the sigpatures before updating the firmware to 17 right?

No FS patches, currently you can only get ES patches.

mtnmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That worked great. Thanks!

New problem: When i click on a game pic all I get is a "Checking if the software can be played..." message and it just hangs on it.

Also, several of my game pics/icons are not showing up. Just spinning progress wheels.

FW: 16.0.3 AMS:1.5.2

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That worked great. Thanks!

New problem: When i click on a game pic all I get is a "Checking if the software can be played..." message and it just hangs on it.

Also, several of my game pics/icons are not showing up. Just spinning progress wheels.

FW: 16.0.3 AMS:1.5.2

Progress wheel meaning it wasn't fully installed, checking if the software can be played is sig patch related. You shouldn't have any issue since you are under 17.0.0 that what most people having problem with.

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question, i'm on sysMMC 16.1.0, emuMMC 16.1.0 and AMS 1.5.5/E

I wanted to access hekate using AutoRCM method but it wouldn't work, I had to use the jig + press volume up, the old method to get into hekate 6.0.6!

Everything is working fine but I have a question I need to ask:

1) Whenever a new switch update comes out, even though I haven't updated to 17.0.0 for instance, my AutoRCM gets turned off! Why is that?

2) Is it ok to turn on AutoRCM whilst i am on an older version of hekate, atmosphere, emuMMC and sysMMC?
(I didn't touch my switch for a few days and it is off for some reason, must be connected to the update even though I haven't updated)

zhpeters

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a V1 switch, and a payload injector.

Unfortantly the switch is on 17.0, which puts me in a weird place.

I tried following guides, downloading the updates.

Or JUST slotting the new Atmoshere / hekate on the SD card. No matter what when I boot up fusee I get hit with errors.

I know sigpatches haven't been updated so not like I can do a lot right now anyways, but would like to know what I'm missing/how to get going since I got this switch just for the hack/homebrew situation.

mtnmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Progress wheel meaning it wasn't fully installed, checking if the software can be played is sig patch related. You shouldn't have any issue since you are under 17.0.0 that what most people having problem with.
So should i uninstall them all, and try them one by one? I wasn't expecting these issues.

Also, how can i install the .nsp version of Tinfoil? I got a memory warning with the applet version.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So should i uninstall them all, and try them one by one? I wasn't expecting these issues.

Also, how can i install the .nsp version of Tinfoil? I got a memory warning with the applet version.

When you open up tinfoil inside the homebrew menu it create a forwarder on your home menu in .nsp format. Reinstall the one that have spinning progress.

musclemarch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can launch cfw but not stock. I originally updated to 17.0 in stock, which messed up everything, but I fixed some things and now able to launch cfw. Do I have to wait for some sort of update to be able to launch stock?

mtnmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you open up tinfoil inside the homebrew menu it create a forwarder on your home menu in .nsp format. Reinstall the one that have spinning progress.
Sorry, I'm not following you. When I try to open Tinfoil from the hbmenu I'm told to re-run the program with Title Override for high memory usage or install the NSP version of Tinfoil. What do you recommend?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I'm not following you. When I try to open Tinfoil from the hbmenu I'm told to re-run the program with Title Override for high memory usage or install the NSP version of Tinfoil. What do you recommend?

In your case you are running homebrew menu in applet mode, so you would have to run the homebrew menu in full ram mode, either use the title override method, by holding down R when launching a game or install homebrew launcher forwarder.nsp

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to install some xci files from a usb with tinfoil.

But I get the following message when booting up tinfoil and my usb is inserted:

Failed to initiate usbDs! 01E40000 Firmware might be too low.

And no not running in aplet mode and I'm on 1.6.
What firmware are you on?
I updated my Switch to 17.0.0 on accident, which made me update Atmosphere and Hekate by default afterwards.

However, after I finished everything I was gonna boot it up but the screen remained black.

Here's what I did and what's noteworthy:

-The sysNAND is the only NAND that i accidentally updated (emuNAND and stock OS are not)
-I had autoRCM turned on before I updated (I've read a couple threads and some say that it might be a culprit)
-I already tried deleting the atmosphere and bootloader folder and replacing them with the ones that came with the update
-I already tried holding the POWER button down for 15 seconds and then once more without any sd card or game inside.
-If I run TegraRcmGUI with my switch turned on, no RCM device is detected. I already updated the USB drivers too.

I'm a little scared and if somebody is able to maybe give me a solution or at least steer me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated! ^^ Thanks in advance!
If you updated the Switch by accident, then AutoRCM has likely been removed. Have you tried manually booting into RCM?
some way to unbrick my switch it was never hacked yesterday i update and now its stuck on nintendo logo:cry:
Does it have an SD card inserted?
So I finally got myself a new 256GB SD card to replace my old 64 one, and after checking the new SD was legit (it is), I started the migration process following a famous rentry guide that I unfortunately can't link. After following the Hekate process, Atmosphere boots up just fine, but apparently my Switch can't recognize the new SD card, outputting the error 2016-0641 - Unable to read SD card. This happens both booting up Sysnand and Emunand, with the new SD inserted. WIth the old card, everything works smoothly. Has anyone any remote idea?
Thanks!

Technical details:
2017 Erista unpatched Unit
Partition based Emunand
CFW Atmosphere 15.5
Sysnand 15.0
Do you use a Mac?
I have a question, i'm on sysMMC 16.1.0, emuMMC 16.1.0 and AMS 1.5.5/E

I wanted to access hekate using AutoRCM method but it wouldn't work, I had to use the jig + press volume up, the old method to get into hekate 6.0.6!

Everything is working fine but I have a question I need to ask:

1) Whenever a new switch update comes out, even though I haven't updated to 17.0.0 for instance, my AutoRCM gets turned off! Why is that?

2) Is it ok to turn on AutoRCM whilst i am on an older version of hekate, atmosphere, emuMMC and sysMMC?
(I didn't touch my switch for a few days and it is off for some reason, must be connected to the update even though I haven't updated)
  1. If you update your system normally, AutoRCM is removed. To keep AutoRCM when updating, you must update in CFW
  2. AutoRCM operates independently of Hekate, Atmosphere, emuMMC, and sysMMC. It also has not changed since it was introduced.
I just got a V1 switch, and a payload injector.

Unfortantly the switch is on 17.0, which puts me in a weird place.

I tried following guides, downloading the updates.

Or JUST slotting the new Atmoshere / hekate on the SD card. No matter what when I boot up fusee I get hit with errors.

I know sigpatches haven't been updated so not like I can do a lot right now anyways, but would like to know what I'm missing/how to get going since I got this switch just for the hack/homebrew situation.
What errors do you get when booting up fusee?
I can launch cfw but not stock. I originally updated to 17.0 in stock, which messed up everything, but I fixed some things and now able to launch cfw. Do I have to wait for some sort of update to be able to launch stock?
Are you launching stock through Hekate or without a payload?

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Switch OLED and my old Switch v2.

Is there no way to hack the v2 like how you hack 3ds or Wii U? Like just put a file in your sd card or visit a website to hack the Switch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...