Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having real problems with Captain Toad install............
base game and 1.3.0 update nsp's are up fine and working.
acquired 2x DLC - which give the "software has closed because an err..." message
acquired all in one XCI game +1.30 +2xDLC - which checks then denies because of no internet
all installed with DBI (no previous problems with this)
could anyone with a working setup please pm me some info?
running atmos 1.5.4 0n 16.0.3 emunand

PROBLEM SOLVED: this advice from Draxzelex sorted this for me if you have the same / similar :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-10266753

Last edited by fatherjack,

twothree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought this Switch used in 2020 and I barely used it. I am trying to play backup of games on it but it prompts for updates. Am I supposed to run the updates? I don't remember asking for updates in the past.

Video of issue:

ppjjjjjjh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im modding my switch but fusee.bin wont work it says a fatal error occurred when running fusee failed to identify FS! my sd card is 256GB
Post automatically merged:

im trying to boot into fusee.bin but it keeps giving me a fatal error the error says a fatal error occurred when running fusee Failed to identify FS! my sdcard is 256GB how do i fix it?

Attachments

• WIN_20231007_14_45_22_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20231007_14_45_22_Pro.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by ppjjjjjjh,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having real problems with Captain Toad install............
base game and 1.3.0 update nsp's are up fine and working.
acquired 2x DLC - which give the "software has closed because an err..." message
acquired all in one XCI game +1.30 +2xDLC - which checks then denies because of no internet
all installed with DBI (no previous problems with this)
could anyone with a working setup please pm me some info?
running atmos 1.5.4 0n 16.0.3 emunand
I mean if you have a working base game plus update but the DLC is giving you problems, then the problem is most likely the DLC itself. I would first try downloading them from another source.
I bought this Switch used in 2020 and I barely used it. I am trying to play backup of games on it but it prompts for updates. Am I supposed to run the updates? I don't remember asking for updates in the past.

Video of issue:

If you have ever updated the firmware, then it would have updated an internal list of updates available for games that would lead to those prompts even if you barely use the console or keep it offline. If those are backups asking for updates, then do NOT install the updates per the prompt because that will bring your console and put you at risk for being banned. Instead, download the updates offline like you did with your backups and install them to your console.
im modding my switch but fusee.bin wont work it says a fatal error occurred when running fusee failed to identify FS! my sd card is 256GB
Post automatically merged:

im trying to boot into fusee.bin but it keeps giving me a fatal error the error says a fatal error occurred when running fusee Failed to identify FS! my sdcard is 256GB how do i fix it?
I would recommend deleting your previous Atmosphere setup and download a fresh one from the official GitHub page.

Reactions: fatherjack

twothree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have ever updated the firmware, then it would have updated an internal list of updates available for games that would lead to those prompts even if you barely use the console or keep it offline. If those are backups asking for updates, then do NOT install the updates per the prompt because that will bring your console and put you at risk for being banned. Instead, download the updates offline like you did with your backups and install them to your console.
I've never updated the firmware and bought the device secondhand. It is on 10.0.3
I am not even sure if it is banned. Last time I checked there is no NAND backup. I used damota.me and entered in the Serial #. It is marked as safe. I'm not to sure if that helps. But I assume it would be best to update to the latest.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never updated the firmware and bought the device secondhand. It is on 10.0.3
I am not even sure if it is banned. Last time I checked there is no NAND backup. I used damota.me and entered in the Serial #. It is marked as safe. I'm not to sure if that helps. But I assume it would be best to update to the latest.
Even if it is not banned now, if you go online to update those backups, the console may end up being banned. How the console knows there are updates are really irrelevant. What matters is that you do not go online with a hacked console unless you don't care about being banned.

twothree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if it is not banned now, if you go online to update those backups, the console may end up being banned. How the console knows there are updates are really irrelevant. What matters is that you do not go online with a hacked console unless you don't care about being banned.
I of course do not want to be banned. But I just want to play games. Can you send me the best guide to update from 10 to latest offline?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I of course do not want to be banned. But I just want to play games. Can you send me the best guide to update from 10 to latest offline?
You don't need a guide, its pretty self-explanatory. You're basically going to use the homebrew application Daybreak which comes bundle with Atmosphere. If you don't have it, you can download it from the official Atmosphere GitHub page. The second thing you will need to download are the firmware files of the firmware you wish to update to. Since these are copyrighted material, they cannot be linked on this site but rest assured they are readily available on the Internet. Once you have both on your SD card, its as simple as launching Daybreak and navigating to where you put the firmware files.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I mean if you have a working base game plus update but the DLC is giving you problems, then the problem is most likely the DLC itself. I would first try downloading them from another source.
yeah, my deduction as well, but…….
have sourced the DLC on three or four occasions now, all from widely used sites (nxbrew, ziperto, switch roms etc)
and verified with nsc builder - all correct, all nsp safe but still errors?
I’m at a total loss :(

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can start cfw but ofw said pkg1/pkg2 mismatch
How can I fix? :O
A few more details would be helpful such as firmware of CFW, firmware of OFW, if your console has a modchip or not, if you use Hekate or Fusee, what version of Atmosphere, if this happens with or without SD card, SD card format, just to name a few things.
yeah, my deduction as well, but…….
have sourced the DLC on three or four occasions now, all from widely used sites (nxbrew, ziperto, switch roms etc)
and verified with nsc builder - all correct, all nsp safe but still errors?
I’m at a total loss :(
Then it might be worth starting from scratch and by scratch, I mean deleting all of the updates, DLC, and game itself. There could be a corrupt or bad file that was leftover from a previous install that isn't going away.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then it might be worth starting from scratch and by scratch, I mean deleting all of the updates, DLC, and game itself. There could be a corrupt or bad file that was leftover from a previous install that isn't going away.
Draxzelex thx for stayin with this, and you’ve almost caught me up - I have started from scratch about four times now!
uninstalled and deleted everything, saves included, and then run the ‘delete orphaned files‘ in DBI to clear tickets for good measure.
it’s currently uninstalled from my switch as I want the full game and DLC or my OCD wouldn’t let me sleep :)
any further suggestions most welcome

3r1k0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone,

I was (am?) on CFW 14.1.2 AMS and was pushing fusee.bin with TegraRcmGui.
I wanted to play Red Dead Redemption so I tried to update my CFW, but it didn't go too well.

I spent few days trying many things so I don't recall *everything* that I did, but I did update Atmosphere (+ the fusee.bin file on my PC) to the latest version, as well as hekate. IIRC Atmosphere worked well, but the latest hekate broke everything to the point where I get a black screen and the message:

"A fatal error occurred when running Atmosphere
Program ID: 0100415 etc
Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)

Report saved to (folder path)
Press POWER to reboot"

When I reboot it gets back to the same screen with no recourse.

The way I managed to get it back to the official firmware (I call it "unmodded boot") was to let it drain the battery and then recharge and boot.

But at this point I have no idea which hekate version I have or how to fix this whole situation to a point where I can at minimum be back and able to play the games I used to be able to play.

As a bonus I would still love to upgrade my CFW. Any help is appreciated, Thank you in advance :D

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Draxzelex thx for stayin with this, and you’ve almost caught me up - I have started from scratch about four times now!
uninstalled and deleted everything, saves included, and then run the ‘delete orphaned files‘ in DBI to clear tickets for good measure.
it’s currently uninstalled from my switch as I want the full game and DLC or my OCD wouldn’t let me sleep :)
any further suggestions most welcome
There's a few other variables we can adjust. One is the title installer. I know you've been using DBI and it hasn't given you a problem yet but I personally experienced a case where DBI was unable to install something but another homebrew app was. That app was TinWoo Installer. Install everything using it instead to see if it changes anything.
Hey everyone,

I was (am?) on CFW 14.1.2 AMS and was pushing fusee.bin with TegraRcmGui.
I wanted to play Red Dead Redemption so I tried to update my CFW, but it didn't go too well.

I spent few days trying many things so I don't recall *everything* that I did, but I did update Atmosphere (+ the fusee.bin file on my PC) to the latest version, as well as hekate. IIRC Atmosphere worked well, but the latest hekate broke everything to the point where I get a black screen and the message:

"A fatal error occurred when running Atmosphere
Program ID: 0100415 etc
Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)

Report saved to (folder path)
Press POWER to reboot"

When I reboot it gets back to the same screen with no recourse.

The way I managed to get it back to the official firmware (I call it "unmodded boot") was to let it drain the battery and then recharge and boot.

But at this point I have no idea which hekate version I have or how to fix this whole situation to a point where I can at minimum be back and able to play the games I used to be able to play.

As a bonus I would still love to upgrade my CFW. Any help is appreciated, Thank you in advance :D
Try seeing if there is a folder inside your /atmosphere/contents folder that begins with 0100415 and if you do find one, delete it and try booting Atmosphere again.

3r1k0n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try seeing if there is a folder inside your /atmosphere/contents folder that begins with 0100415 and if you do find one, delete it and try booting Atmosphere again.
No, there was no such folder, but there was 420000000000000B which I deleted just to try - the result is same as before: back screen "A fatal error..."

The exact program ID is 010041544d530000

I also accessed the fatal error log but it's illegible to me, it looks like a memory dump

---
Looking over my files I saw that my original hekate version was 1.5.8. So reverted my files back to hekate 1.5.8 and atmosphere 1.3.1 but now the screen stays black for a long time before returning. I do change my fusee.bin when I change the version of atmosphere

"A fatal error occurred when running Fusee.
Failed to initialize the SD card: 0x0005018

Press POWER to Reboot"
----

Can I start from scratch somehow? I mean I think the switch is already modified, the CFW is installed if I played games on it before - it would be just about resetting the contents of the SD card

The system version used to say "14.1.2|AMS 1.3.2|S" so I guess I have sysnand

Last edited by 3r1k0n,

twothree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a guide, its pretty self-explanatory. You're basically going to use the homebrew application Daybreak which comes bundle with Atmosphere. If you don't have it, you can download it from the official Atmosphere GitHub page. The second thing you will need to download are the firmware files of the firmware you wish to update to. Since these are copyrighted material, they cannot be linked on this site but rest assured they are readily available on the Internet. Once you have both on your SD card, its as simple as launching Daybreak and navigating to where you put the firmware files.
I don't have the device and am remotely troubleshooting so I appreciate the patience and guidance.

Side Note: How can I determine if it is banned from online and how could I play with this Switch online? As mentioned the last time I looked into this (2020) I would of required a clean NAND backup before any modifications were done but unfortunately I do not have this.

Last edited by twothree,

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an instinct nx in one of my oleds and for some reason the console can take over a minute to glitch sometimes. I have tried setting the console still and rebooting but there is still no consistency. I can get 5 boots that are instant and the 6th boot it will take over a minute. It doesn't seem like the wires are the problem because even without moving the switch the boot times still differ.

I've searched all over google but no one else has the same problem.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an instinct nx in one of my oleds and for some reason the console can take over a minute to glitch sometimes. I have tried setting the console still and rebooting but there is still no consistency. I can get 5 boots that are instant and the 6th boot it will take over a minute. It doesn't seem like the wires are the problem because even without moving the switch the boot times still differ.

I've searched all over google but no one else has the same problem.

What you have white or black one?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the device and am remotely troubleshooting so I appreciate the patience and guidance.

Side Note: How can I determine if it is banned from online and how could I play with this Switch online? As mentioned the last time I looked into this (2020) I would of required a clean NAND backup before any modifications were done but unfortunately I do not have this.
You would have to go online and connect to the eShop. If it doesn't work, you're banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: