Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was previously on OFW 15.0.1 and Atmosphere 1.4.1 with everything working. Last night I updated to Atmosphere 1.5.1 and then OFW 16.0 and updated sigpatches via the Hekate ini method. Everything seems to work. Except one game that did previously work: Final Fantasy IX.

Its not a huge deal because I have my save backed up and I genuinely have this game on everything that can possibly play it. Which tends to mean its a huge deal because obviously I love this game and would like to continue playing it on my Switch. I'm positive sigpatches are right. Every other not legit game starts and every single homebrew NSP I made works as well.

I guess how do I go about troubleshooting a game that only shows "The software closed because an error occured"? It doesn't give me an error code and it doesn't show up in the error logs. I'm genuinely stumped.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was previously on OFW 15.0.1 and Atmosphere 1.4.1 with everything working. Last night I updated to Atmosphere 1.5.1 and then OFW 16.0 and updated sigpatches via the Hekate ini method. Everything seems to work. Except one game that did previously work: Final Fantasy IX.

Its not a huge deal because I have my save backed up and I genuinely have this game on everything that can possibly play it. Which tends to mean its a huge deal because obviously I love this game and would like to continue playing it on my Switch. I'm positive sigpatches are right. Every other not legit game starts and every single homebrew NSP I made works as well.

I guess how do I go about troubleshooting a game that only shows "The software closed because an error occured"? It doesn't give me an error code and it doesn't show up in the error logs. I'm genuinely stumped.
backup your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file to /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini.bk and then download the attachment in this post:

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

unzip it to the top level of your SDCard and allow it to overwrite anything you already have in place.

There will be a new hekate_ipl.ini file. Grab the Sigpatches line and copy it into your backup hekate_ipl.ini file.

Copy your .bk file into hekate_ipl.ini

Reboot

Reactions: Lamcza

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
backup your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file to /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini.bk and then download the attachment in this post:

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — get your Sigpatches here!

unzip it to the top level of your SDCard and allow it to overwrite anything you already have in place.

There will be a new hekate_ipl.ini file. Grab the Sigpatches line and copy it into your backup hekate_ipl.ini file.

Copy your .bk file into hekate_ipl.ini

Reboot
Done, done, done, done, reboot. Same error. "This software has closed because of an error" with no error code. Just the option to close. I uninstalled the game and removed any folders associated with it in /atmosphere/contents (none) and rebooted again. Then I used DBI to reinstall the base game and tried starting it. Same error with no error code.

I just dont understand.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done, done, done, done, reboot. Same error. This software has closed because of an error" with no error code. Just the option to close. I uninstalled the game and removed any folders associated with it in /atmosphere/contents (none) and rebooted again. Then I used DBI to reinstall the base game and tried starting it. Same error with no error code.

I just dont understand.
Interesting. Backup your game save w/ JKSV.

With your backup secured, go into Settings -> Data Management then select your game and then go to delete game save.

Delete your game save.

Try to start the game.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Backup your game save w/ JKSV.

With your backup secured, go into Settings -> Data Management then select your game and then go to delete game save.

Try to start the game.
Save is already backed up since I played it last. I keep pretty regular backups of my saves. I backed it up again just to be sure (both with DBI MTP responder and JKSV). Removed save data via Data Management. Just to be sure, I also rebooted.

See attached photo. 😡

Attachments

• IMG_4124.jpeg
    IMG_4124.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • Sad
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save is already backed up since I played it last. I keep pretty regular backups of my saves. I backed it up again just to be sure (both with DBI MTP responder and JKSV). Removed save data via Data Management. Just to be sure, I also rebooted.

See attached photo. 😡
Wow. These are all my best tricks, man!

Last ditch, delete the game and the games saves and reinstall the nsp.

e: I’ll try installing it on my latest updated V2.

Reactions: Lamcza and rcpd

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. These are all my best tricks, man!

Last ditch, delete the game and the games saves and reinstall the nsp.

e: I’ll try installing it on my latest updated V2.
I’ve already done that, but I’ll try again. So far I’ve tried everything you’ve asked me to try as well as:

Checking Atmosphere crash logs (nothing), checking Error logs in Settings (nothing), uninstalling the game and reinstalling only the base game, updating the base game to the latest update.

Nothing has worked. It’s only this game that doesn’t start.

• Angry
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run maintenance mode and exit from it. It will recreate your ncmdb cache and solve issue.
I’ve already done that, but I’ll try again. So far I’ve tried everything you’ve asked me to try as well as:

Checking Atmosphere crash logs (nothing), checking Error logs in Settings (nothing), uninstalling the game and reinstalling only the base game, updating the base game to the latest update.

Nothing has worked. It’s only this game that doesn’t start.
When all else fails!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-10102989

Complete these steps​

1. Ensure the console is powered off.
    • If the console does not respond, hold down the POWER Button for twelve seconds to force it to shut down.
  2. With the console powered off, hold down the volume up (+) and volume down (-) buttons, then press the POWER Button to turn the system on.
    • Be sure to maintain the volume buttons pressed down until the Maintenance Mode menu is displayed.
    • The POWER and Volume Buttons highlighted on the Nintendo Switch

The POWER and Volume Buttons highlighted on the Nintendo Switch
  3. Once in Maintenance Mode…simply reboot.

JackFI23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello again,
I have ran into new problem, I am currently trying to install tinfoil, however whenever I try to install it from applet mode, it say cannot lunch app, try again from the home menu, then there is a tinfoil app but when I click on it it would say the same thing.
If anyone is able to answer it, it would be big help

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again,
I have ran into new problem, I am currently trying to install tinfoil, however whenever I try to install it from applet mode, it say cannot lunch app, try again from the home menu, then there is a tinfoil app but when I click on it it would say the same thing.
If anyone is able to answer it, it would be big help
You need to install a game first. Catch-22.

DBI works in applet mode by design!

Use it to install a small game (like Othello.nsp at only 110M).
Who knows, you may like DBI and stop right there. :-)
(if you do like it be sure to give @duckbill007 a thumbs up!)

Once you have a title in your main screen, download the Tinfoil Self Installer .nro file And place it in /switch directory.

Then hold down the (R)ight shoulder button and click Othello…keep holding it down until hbmenu pops up.

Then click the Tinfoil.nro Installer.

Job done…

Look for list of Installers here (no need to limit yourself to having only one installer BTW):

https://gbatemp.net/blogs/homebrew-i-use.18815/

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: JackFI23 and Lamcza

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When all else fails!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-10102989

Complete these steps​

1. Ensure the console is powered off.
    • If the console does not respond, hold down the POWER Button for twelve seconds to force it to shut down.
  2. With the console powered off, hold down the volume up (+) and volume down (-) buttons, then press the POWER Button to turn the system on.
    • Be sure to maintain the volume buttons pressed down until the Maintenance Mode menu is displayed.
    • The POWER and Volume Buttons highlighted on the Nintendo Switch

The POWER and Volume Buttons highlighted on the Nintendo Switch
  3. Once in Maintenance Mode…simply reboot.
It does not boot into Maintenance Mode. It instead boots RCM. I've verified this with TegraRCMGUI in Windows. AutoRCM is disabled in Hekate.

Edit: I was able to boot Maintenance Mode by first booting Hekate, holding Vol+ and Vol-, then selecting "Reboot to OFW". Maintenance Mode came up. I held power to shut down. Rebooted into Atmosphere and opened Final Fantasy IX aaaaaaand... See attached photo.

Many thanks @binkinator and @duckbill007 for the help!!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
Last edited by rcpd,

Joxy

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Does it exists an better cheating search engine than Edizon? Like PC to Switch or something that find the right codes when you know the values already.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Joxy

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TheDumbGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I Got a real dumb question.
Can you hack a switch with a micro sd
like can you hack the micro sd then insert it into the switch and boom it's hacked ?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Got a real dumb question.
Can you hack a switch with a micro sd
like can you hack the micro sd then insert it into the switch and boom it's hacked ?
Only with a V1 but you still need a “jig” to put it into RCM and an injector to get the payload inside.
All others require a modchip to glitch the system to trick it into booting a payload.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw your other message but you have already tried what I would have suggested. The fact that installing a game causes the stats to appear seems like there must be something in the emunand that triggers the system to acknowledge the statistics for that game.

That is the only help I have my friend.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol