Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi people, do you know if there is a keyboard that can be activated with tesla or something else?
What sort of keyboard and what is the use case? Like an on-screen type keyboard? Maybe just tell us what you want to do will be easier.

Reactions: guily6669

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like a kind of virtual keyboard that simulates the touch of a keyboard
Certain apps pull up on screen keyboards when input is necessary. The homebrew App Store, for example, does it. The decrepit built in web browser has one too. It’s available to code against If you’re building your own app.

What is your use case?

MikeTheKnight2016

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cheap sd card finally died on me, and I can't remember how to install tinfoil....

I have the link and files for tinfiol...but where is the install guide gone to?

nefariouslegion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe they both get their data from the list compiled by @matias3ds so I would assume they’re in sync.
I’ve not used Cheat Updater in a long time so I don’t remember 100% where it gets it’s cheats from.

Speaking of which, @Homlet recommends using his AIO Updater in lieu of Cheats Updater.

NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE, USE THIS INSTEAD: https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/AIO-switch-updater

here’s a good source for reading up on how Breeze works in case you are unsure.

https://github.com/tomvita/Breeze-Beta/wiki

again, use what works for you.
So trying to use Breeze again and having issues. I'm using Super Mario Odyssey to test since I know there are cheats for that. I opened the game, then opened Breeze and it said "No cheats available for BID:xxxxxxxx..." so then on the Breeze home screen I pressed Download > check for cheat database update and it says I already have the latest version of the database. But then still shows no cheats. So idk what I'm doing wrong? I haven't tried the AIO thing yet

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cheap sd card finally died on me, and I can't remember how to install tinfoil....

I have the link and files for tinfiol...but where is the install guide gone to?
If you need a homebrew app for installing .NSP files, I highly recommend using TinWoo Installer instead. Its what I personally use because its very lightweight and incredibly easy to use. It doesn't even need any prior installation; just drag and drop the .NRO file like any other homebrew application then you're good to go.
Post automatically merged:

Hello guys, first of all!
So how do i update my modded switch?

I used this web site to hack my switch, install atmosphere and hekate. https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/
I modded it about 6 months ago. It read 14.1.2|AMS 1.3.2|E in system settings info of a "CFW - EmuMMC" after i moded it.
After that i couldn't install stuff using Awoo, but i followed this guide here and i got it working: https://gbatemp.net/threads/hacked-switch-help.615682/#post-9885440

After that i installed some forwarders, themes, games on it using Awoo installer, so i got bunch of stuff there now on EmuMMC.

Yesterday, i wanted to update everything, so i started using this one: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/
I updated Atmosphere, Hekate and than i got to "Updating your firmware" section in that guide.

Im kinda stuck here, because i dont understand really that part how would ii do this. I read it all but i need help please. Thanks!
Updating your firmware is as simple as using the homebrew app Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere by default. Usage is relatively simple as the prompts are straightforward. The only real trick is you have to download the firmware you wish to update to in the form of files that you will then place on your SD card. Since those are considered copyrighted material, no guide can link you where to find those but rest assured they are readily available illegally on the Internet.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

rimigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took this from my reddit:
The GameCube Adapter Accessory is not working for me in Atmosphere CFW currently:

• I have pro controller wired on
    I did the search for controllers method
    I have tried uninstalling sys con and mission control
    I updated fusee, hetake and atmosphere
    I used another 3rd party controller and the light shows up on it but it wont send any inputs on the switch
    I used other ports
    The accessory is set on switch/wii u mode
    I have disconnected all controllers via settings
  • The accessory works on pc in dolphin, so i don't know why it is not working, maybe someone could make a app so the controller can be detected in cfw mode, because from what im hearing the controller is being detected in the switch linux distro

The GameCube Adapter Accessory is not working for me in Atmosphere CFW currently:

I used another 3rd party controller and the light shows up on it but it wont send any inputs on the switch
    I used other ports
  • The accessory works on pc in dolphin, so i don't know why it is not working, maybe someone could make a app so the controller can be detected in cfw mode, because from what im hearing the controller is being detected in the switch linux distro

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I used other ports

I used other ports
Are you using something like this:

if this is for something else not specifically designed for Switch then it might require a new homebrew. Requests for new homebrew ideas can be made here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/post-homebrew-ideas-suggestions-requests-here.514524/unread

Last edited by binkinator,

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, so I'm planning to get a 1TB SD card for my switch for hoarding reasons™. Does the difference of read speed matter between these two?
1673980420730.png

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Breeze yesterday but when I attempted to download cheats for Super Mario World 3D it didn't seem to work. However when I used cheat updater and then went back into breeze it showed the cheats. Unless I did something wrong?
Since you guys are talking about cheats, is it possible to download the cheats manually from a PC to add to all-in-one updater offline?

I think cheat updater downloads from here gbatemp and maybe both do, no idea...

For now I only used tinfoil cheats as it brings them built-in without having to download anything though I had 0 luck with Resident Evil 6 cheats, none worked and I read their settings in tinfoil website res6 page but red faction cheats worked fine...

Ps: I never connected my switch to WiFi since 2018 cause I never had any need and plan to continue like that, not that I would care a single bit being banned from Nintendo as my sysnand is always on original FW like 3.0.2 or whatever it is can't even remember... I banned my self from nintendo and plan to keep my self banned from them than rather them banning me 😂
Hey, so I'm planning to get a 1TB SD card for my switch for hoarding reasons™. Does the difference of read speed matter between these two? View attachment 347906
I would go for the cheaper too...

But my recommendation would always go to Samsung Evo Select A2 512GB (all blue) instead unless you really can't live without 1TB...

I mean in Amazon promotions the 512gb Evo select A2 if you wait it's like 1\4 the price (usually around like 50 something $ in Amazon promotions) of the SanDisk 1tb A2 and it's probably very similar in terms of speed specially in Switch none will give their full rated speed as it's on PC only with whatever garbage app they need to go above the UHS I speed.

Last edited by guily6669,

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Since you guys are talking about cheats, is it possible to download the cheats manually from a PC to add to all-in-one updater offline?

I think cheat updater downloads from here gbatemp and maybe both do, no idea...

For now I only used tinfoil cheats as it brings them built-in without having to download anything though I had 0 luck with Resident Evil 6 cheats, none worked and I read their settings in tinfoil website res6 page but red faction cheats worked fine...

Ps: I never connected my switch to WiFi since 2018 cause I never had any need and plan to continue like that, not that I would care a single bit being banned from Nintendo as my sysnand is always on original FW like 3.0.2 or whatever it is can't even remember... I banned my self from nintendo and plan to keep my self banned from them than rather them banning me 😂

I would go for the cheaper too...

But my recommendation would always go to Samsung Evo Select A2 512GB (all blue) instead unless you really can't live without 1TB...

I mean in Amazon promotions the 512gb Evo select A2 if you wait it's like 1\4 the price (usually around like 50 something $ in Amazon promotions) of the SanDisk 1tb A2 and it's probably very similar in terms of speed specially in Switch none will give their full rated speed as it's on PC only with whatever garbage app they need to go above the UHS I speed.
Yeah, i can't really go without the 1tb, i want to dualboot l4t alongside my hoarding lol...thanks though, i'll get the cheaper one.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone interested in mSD's...

This is the Hekate speed of my Samsung Evo Select 512GB A2 (Blue):

71VXEYmRrZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

nyx20230117_192806.png
Note: it get a few MB higher when brand new before filling it with a lot of stuff which is normal (I'm using exfat)...

Currently in promotion for 47.99$ for US and last promotion for EU was like 58€ or slightly less (from Amazon Spain which is currently not in promotion there) and with free shipping on both. Also if there's currently no promotion, just wait they eventually get in promotion.

I heard they are exclusive to Amazon but are the same as the slightly more expensive Samsung Evo Plus A2 (white), but the thing is if you buy the blue from Amazon as a seller you are likely to either 99.9% or 100% never get a fake mSD while if you buy the Samsung Evo plus or any other from whatever seller you might always risk getting a fake and the hassle to return + the select is much cheaper in promotions...

ps: I think for now it's by far the best mSD deal on a solid good one even if it might not be the world record absolute best, but will surely be high up there without killing your wallet, it's just sad they don't make 1TB of this model :(

Last edited by guily6669,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 347932
Note: it get a few MB higher when brand new before filling it with a lot of stuff which is normal (I'm using exfat)...

currently in promotion is 47.99$ for US and last promotion for EU was like 58€ or slightly less (from Amazon Spain which is currently not in promotion there) and with free shipping on both. Also if there's currently no promotion, just wait they eventually get in promotion.

I heard they are exclusive to Amazon but are the same as the slightly more expensive Samsung Evo Plus A2 (white), but the thing is if you buy the blue from Amazon as a seller you are likely to either 99.9% or 100% never get a fake mSD while if you buy the Samsung Evo plus or any other from whatever seller you might always risk getting a fake and the hassle to return + the select is much cheaper in promotions...

ps: I think for now it's by far the best mSD deal on a solid good one even if it might not be the world record absolute best, but will surely be high up there without killing your wallet.
I’m pretty sure this is the one CTCaer uses and recommends as well. Will double check my references but I seem to recall it being the “blue Samsung”

e: can’t find the specific reference, but the guys on #switchroot talk about the blue Samsungs a lot so maybe that’s where I made up the reference?

Bottom line: It’s a good fucking card!

Your speeds are right on the money BTW…that card can go faster…it‘s the Switch’s reader that can’t.

Last edited by binkinator,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though it's full rated speeds are still fake like any other faster mSD, I mean the like 120, 130MB\s... most fastest mSD are above the data bus of it's own UHS-I, but they are always by installing their respective software from the brand which I don't care, never installed neither on the samsung, kingston or Sandisk...

They sure have some hacks in the software, probably uses like PC ram as cache or whatever they do...

ps: Anyway STAY AWAY IS FROM KINGSTON Canvas React Go Plus or something like that, it's a fast solid mSD but at least the one I have in 256GB is not very compatible with Switch, SX OS never works on 1st payload, it doesn't read the card, only works at 2nd payload and Hekate does work at 1st payload but the speed seem to be locked always below 30MB\s on Switch while on PC I actually get probably the same or slightly better speed than the samsung blue Evo Select and for emunand the speed is very noticeable it gets a bit slower, even installing games is much slower...

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

View attachment 347932

Currently in promotion for 47.99$ for US and last promotion for EU was like 58€ or slightly less (from Amazon Spain which is currently not in promotion there) and with free shipping on both. Also if there's currently no promotion, just wait they eventually get in promotion.

ps: I think for now it's by far the best mSD deal on a solid good one even if it might not be the world record absolute best, but will surely be high up there without killing your wallet, it's just sad they don't make 1TB of this model :(
the card was available on amazon uk for 38 pounds plus shipping but it just ends now

I am replacing mine "blue samsung" idk why and how but i can't boot it properly with sys-ftpd-light even on clean setup and fresh emu :D the card seems to be fine it is passing all the tests but the cheap 128gb transcend is working without any problems on same fresh files so something is not right :X

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the card was available on amazon uk for 38 pounds plus shipping but it just ends now

I am replacing mine "blue samsung" idk why and how but i can't boot it properly with sys-ftpd-light even on clean setup and fresh emu :D the card seems to be fine it is passing all the tests but the cheap 128gb transcend is working without any problems on same fresh files so something is not right :X
samsung is fine. @Riben is broken. Ask for refund on @Riben First offer will be best offer. Encourage you to accept.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have the mSD for like a month but so far 0 problems even with OC and many sysmodules + exfat still no corruption.

In fact only had problems with bayonetta 3, it was unplayable always corrupting before starting the game always when loading and after many installs I just downloaded it from a different place and boom worked right away.

Ps: you might have bad sectors in the mSD, if you get any just send it back for a replacement or try doing a full format (not fast) as it might fix them.

Reactions: Lamcza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Is there an adult version called xxx lol +1