Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) im confuse, theres too many codes and where do i find autoboot? or what file should i edit?
/bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini is the config file.
2) how to install? should i copy the whole folder "EdiZon-Overlay-master" to the "switch" folder?

all .ovl files go to /switch/.overlay/

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Exactly. Pull both the file AND the folder. Then delete the game via Settings-> DataManagement -> Delete Game and then see what it takes to get Cuphead back on your Switch.
hmmm so USB option in this dbi don't work for me idk why :D it is asking me to connect USB iam doing it my pc is making a sound and that's it dbi just ends its timer and turns off, exe still running with waiting for switch line xD but i manage to push it by responder by just copying it to "install sd" i tried the combined file and it is working just fine.
now iam pushing it again but in separate files :P

E: installation in separate files was also sucesfull :P usb option by using exe still doing nothing : D

Last edited by Lamcza,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm so USB option in this dbi don't work for me idk why :D it is asking me to connect USB iam doing it my pc is making a sound and that's it dbi just ends its timer and turns off, exe still running with waiting for switch line xD but i manage to push it by responder by just copying it to "install sd" i tried the combined file and it is working just fine.
now iam pushing it again but in separate files :P

E: installation in separate files was also sucesfull :P usb option by using exe still doing nothing : D

I’m guessing the folder is the actual files and the nsp is the one that’s created. @duckbill007 might be able to empirically clarify that for us.

IMO, MTP is the best way to go for USB connection anyway.

Just to be complete, it’s probably drivers. There are two drivers necessary for both ways to work. Let me find you the link.

here it is: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-to-setting-up-dbi-installer-over-usb.591075/page-2#post-9780100

Reactions: Lamcza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I’m guessing the folder is the actual files and the nsp is the one that’s created. @duckbill007 might be able to empirically clarify that for us.

IMO, MTP is the best way to go for USB connection anyway.

Just to be complete, it’s probably drivers. There are two drivers necessary for both ways to work. Let me find you the link.

here it is: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-to-setting-up-dbi-installer-over-usb.591075/page-2#post-9780100
yea free space doesn't really change so it is probably converting one way or another when you pull a game from it

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea free space doesn't really change so it is probably converting one way or another when you pull a game from it
Oh, to be clear, I’m not making it up, he has actually said it. I just don’t know the details of which way was “real”. He is much more qualified to speak to all things DBI than I am.

found the discussion about it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/dbi-recompilation.622460/

e: I guess it’s something like an inode that “points” to where all the data is and makes it accessible via the filesystem. That’s my mental model anyway. Going to let him explain before I make things worse..

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Lamcza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Oh, to be clear, I’m not making it up, he has actually said it. I just don’t know the details of which way was “real”. He is much more qualified to speak to all things DBI than I am.

found the discussion about it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/dbi-recompilation.622460/

e: I guess it’s something like an inode that “points” to where all the data is and makes it accessible via the filesystem. That’s my mental model anyway. Going to let him explain before I make things worse..
nothing to explain i get it i mean i don't need a technical explanation :D but I am backing up folders becuse if i understand it correctly it is one step less to quack something up :D

• Haha
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing to explain i get it i mean i don't need a technical explanation :D but I am backing up folders becuse if i understand it correctly it is one step less to quack something up :D
I think it’s just another way to represent the same data and will waste a ton of space if you’re going to keep both formats for a long time.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi bit of a cfw n00b here and still learning. So i'm wondering what the difference is? You can see them both in my screenshot attached. The rentry guide had me extract a fusee payload into /bootloader/payloads but idk why or what the difference is?

I've been using the Atmosphere FSS0 emuMMC option but I'm wondering if that is the correct thing to use or not?

View attachment 347563
Fusee is the default method of launching Atmosphere as the download from Atmosphere's GitHub gives you fusee as the payload to launch Atmosphere. FSS0 utilizes Hekate to launch Atmosphere which is another bootloader but is more feature rich than fusee whose sole job is to just launch Atmosphere. FSS0 is also slightly faster than fusee which combined with the fact that Hekate has more tools at the user's disposal and can launch other CFW or non-CFW, FSS0 is objectively better.

Reactions: nefariouslegion

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea it makes combined files for you if you want to when pulling them :P something like that
I'm just curious of what the heck are you guys talking about :D

Is that some kind of like "NSZ" format which promises like upto 80% compression over NSP??

I'm actually thinking if I should change all my backed up games in a external HDD to NSZ:blink:

NovaOwl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, new guy learning about switch CFW here and I have a question: I recently installed custom firmware on my old unpatched switch and also modified my Animal Crossing save with NHSE (only to change my island's name because of personal reasons and nothing else) and I want to move that save file to my main OLED switch.
If I move that modified savefile from emuNAND to my sysNAND with JKSV, and then use the island transfer tool from the hacked switch to the OLED, would my account be on risk of being banned once I play the game online in my OLED? I have looked for an answer, and what i've seen in similar old questions and threads is both "Yes you're gonna get banned inmediatly" and "No, there is no risk" so i'm asking here to make sure; haven't played the game in over a year and i'd like to go back to it, but i really want to change that island name without having to lose progress and being able to play online, thank you

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, new guy learning about switch CFW here and I have a question: I recently installed custom firmware on my old unpatched switch and also modified my Animal Crossing save with NHSE (only to change my island's name because of personal reasons and nothing else) and I want to move that save file to my main OLED switch.
If I move that modified savefile from emuNAND to my sysNAND with JKSV, and then use the island transfer tool from the hacked switch to the OLED, would my account be on risk of being banned once I play the game online in my OLED? I have looked for an answer, and what i've seen in similar old questions and threads is both "Yes you're gonna get banned inmediatly" and "No, there is no risk" so i'm asking here to make sure; haven't played the game in over a year and i'd like to go back to it, but i really want to change that island name without having to lose progress and being able to play online, thank you

That’s the thing with hacking and modding. There is no 100% certainty. Once you’re doing things that Ninty didn’t prescribe you’re off the 100% guaranteed happy path and there will always be a less than zero risk. Furthermore, the impact of the loss of your resources can only be gauged by you.

The folks in the NHSE thread are going to be pretty knowledge about what they’ve gleaned by observation however, even the tried and true practices are no guarantee that in the future Ninty won’t change the rules and become interested in banning a practice that hasnt been an issue for years. If I were to tell you it’s 100% OK, I’m just another data point. A tick mark in the for or against box. My opinion means nothing more or less than the other voices.

You’ve already started doing what’s necessary to make your informed decision…learning. Talk to the authors who say you’d be OK as well as those who warn you’ll be banned and ask them to explain the nuance of why they believe what they do. Only then can you make your decision. You can’t outsource responsibility for that decision. It’s your call to make. Good luck with your choice.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nefariouslegion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like Breeze by @TomSwitch
end of day the results are similar. Use what makes sense you you.
I tried Breeze yesterday but when I attempted to download cheats for Super Mario World 3D it didn't seem to work. However when I used cheat updater and then went back into breeze it showed the cheats. Unless I did something wrong?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Breeze yesterday but when I attempted to download cheats for Super Mario World 3D it didn't seem to work. However when I used cheat updater and then went back into breeze it showed the cheats. Unless I did something wrong?
I believe they both get their data from the list compiled by @matias3ds so I would assume they’re in sync.
I’ve not used Cheat Updater in a long time so I don’t remember 100% where it gets it’s cheats from.

Speaking of which, @Homlet recommends using his AIO Updater in lieu of Cheats Updater.

NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE, USE THIS INSTEAD: https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/AIO-switch-updater

here’s a good source for reading up on how Breeze works in case you are unsure.

https://github.com/tomvita/Breeze-Beta/wiki

again, use what works for you.

Reactions: matias3ds

nefariouslegion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe they both get their data from the list compiled by @matias3ds so I would assume they’re in sync.
I’ve not used Cheat Updater in a long time so I don’t remember 100% where it gets it’s cheats from.

Speaking of which, @Homlet recommends using his AIO Updater in lieu of Cheats Updater.

NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE, USE THIS INSTEAD: https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/AIO-switch-updater

here’s a good source for reading up on how Breeze works in case you are unsure.

https://github.com/tomvita/Breeze-Beta/wiki

again, use what works for you.
Thanks for the info! I do have AIO Updater I think. But I always just thought that was for updating things like Firmware and Atmosphere so I never really looked at it lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P