Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following this guide, but all of my saves are unlabeled. There a program that would recognize which games each saves are for? Or a database I can cross reference?

Edit - added example picture
Perfect!

You need to reference this part of the :USER/saves partition.

1672284176422.png

The numbers on the left are the directory numbers you are showing above. The game names are right in the middle. Yours will not match mine of course but you get the idea.

Reactions: waz

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You need to do two things, one is block nintendo server communications with like exosphere. The second thing to do is to delete the game and update and the tickets associated with them and reinstall with lower version update
Ahh I see, thanks! did not do anything to the tickets.

DerBreManaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, i tried installing the zelda botw dlcs but after uploading almost 100 mb of the nsp file, the upload on my switch fails, an error appears and i cannot start zelda anymore. I already tried uninstalling zelda botw and reinstalling it and it worked, but again, after i uploaded the dlc nsp, awoo installer crashed. Is there a way to just delete the 100 mb instead of deleting and uploading the whole game? How can i install the dlc without this error? I even tried installing the dlcs nsp from a different website but it didnt change anything. I can just reinstall zelda and play it without the dlcs but i dont get why it isnt working. All other games had no problem with dlcs. Maybe the nsp contains errors or something. I installed them in this order: Base Game —-> Update —->DLC1. I can install the second dlc normally and i think it works but i havent tried it because i always installed DLC 1 first and wasnt able to check whether dlc2 is working or not.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, i tried installing the zelda botw dlcs but after uploading almost 100 mb of the nsp file, the upload on my switch fails, an error appears and i cannot start zelda anymore. I already tried uninstalling zelda botw and reinstalling it and it worked, but again, after i uploaded the dlc nsp, awoo installer crashed. Is there a way to just delete the 100 mb instead of deleting and uploading the whole game? How can i install the dlc without this error? I even tried installing the dlcs nsp from a different website but it didnt change anything. I can just reinstall zelda and play it without the dlcs but i dont get why it isnt working. All other games had no problem with dlcs. Maybe the nsp contains errors or something. I installed them in this order: Base Game —-> Update —->DLC1. I can install the second dlc normally and i think it works but i havent tried it because i always installed DLC 1 first and wasnt able to check whether dlc2 is working or not.
Scrap awoo, and use something better. Personally, I use DBI. Some people also recommend tinwoo.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
😂😂😂 Awoo always worked for me. I have installed many games with it and they all work. I think it is not because of the installer but maybe because of the file.
Then you were lucky, or you didn't install that many games. Anyway, if you're sure it's the files, you know what to do... get your files from somewhere else.

Reactions: binkinator

DerBreManaar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then you were lucky, or you didn't install that many games. Anyway, if you're sure it's the files, you know what to do... get your files from somewhere else.
Yeah. I tried 2 websites, but i think they are the same files. I really dont want o reinstall the game over and over. I have pretty slow wifi so it takes at least 3 hours every time i want to reinstall it. Can I not just delete the 100 mb that awoo installer loaded and thats it? Where do the files from the nsp go on the micro sd?

Nik_kio

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! I have a switch with a xecuter modchip, when they stopped updating sx ox I installed the deepsea packcage. At the time being the system version is 13.2.1 ams 1.2.6 and I wanted to update it. Can I use AIO? After updating it, do i have to update the original fw too?
I apologise in advance for my poor english.

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Posting here since it's more appropriate.
After updating CFW with daybreak, atmosphere, hekate and whatever was in the rentry guide, my switch boots up fine using Tegra rcm, I updated my hekate file in the rcm loader and made sure AUTORCM is on, the blue light goes on indicating that its injecting, the console turns on but the screen is showing weird lines like it's corrupt or something.
I tried resetting the loader multiple times, made sure the Hekate file is the latest, tried using an older Hekate, but nothing seems to work.
FYI, when using green or red mode, the screen shows correctly that there is no payload in either, the usual message I remember getting before, also, before updating, the rcm loader worked fine.

Things I tried:

Downloading and putting Hekate and atmosphere in the SD again

Turning rcm off and on

Lower version of hekate in the rcm loader

Is there any file or log I can post to direct for problem solving?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I have a switch with a xecuter modchip, when they stopped updating sx ox I installed the deepsea packcage. At the time being the system version is 13.2.1 ams 1.2.6 and I wanted to update it. Can I use AIO? After updating it, do i have to update the original fw too?
I apologise in advance for my poor english.
For the love of God, use anything BUT the AIO tool. It causes nearly every single user's headaches so do not use it under any costs. It is always better to update everything manually anyways because it is more foolproof and teaches you how to update your setup. After updating your CFW, you do not have to update your firmware but it is advised if you want to play newer games.
Posting here since it's more appropriate.
After updating CFW with daybreak, atmosphere, hekate and whatever was in the rentry guide, my switch boots up fine using Tegra rcm, I updated my hekate file in the rcm loader and made sure AUTORCM is on, the blue light goes on indicating that its injecting, the console turns on but the screen is showing weird lines like it's corrupt or something.
I tried resetting the loader multiple times, made sure the Hekate file is the latest, tried using an older Hekate, but nothing seems to work.
FYI, when using green or red mode, the screen shows correctly that there is no payload in either, the usual message I remember getting before, also, before updating, the rcm loader worked fine.

Things I tried:

Downloading and putting Hekate and atmosphere in the SD again

Turning rcm off and on

Lower version of hekate in the rcm loader

Is there any file or log I can post to direct for problem solving?View attachment 344922
I would try injecting via another device such as a computer or Android phone to rule out an issue with the RCMLoader.

Nik_kio

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For the love of God, use anything BUT the AIO tool. It causes nearly every single user's headaches so do not use it under any costs. It is always better to update everything manually anyways because it is more foolproof and teaches you how to update your setup. After updating your CFW, you do not have to update your firmware but it is advised if you want to play newer games.

I would try injecting via another device such as a computer or Android phone to rule out an issue with the RCMLoader.
Ok, thanks for the tip. Is there a guide to do so in the forum?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve been pondering putting together an official GBATemp CFW guide page that takes the best of all worlds and of course references the major player’s sites. I requested/received Wiki access a few months ago and haven’t done much with it. been planning on making a “what’s current” page for homebrew and common issues FAQ sort of thing, but CFW challenges seem to be the bulk of our questions here. I don’t want to do it unilaterally and cause more contention about methods than what already exists.

Any takers?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no point for a guide on how to update CFW because all you're doing is updating the files. Its literally as simple as deleting the old CFW files and folders then putting the new ones on the SD card. Guides that have a section on this are on the same level as clickbait because you're basically making a guide on how to copy and paste files. Not to mention that the contents of a CFW can change throughout its course as evidenced by Atmosphere multiple times. Its prudent to pay attention to the changelog to see what has been updated, removed, or added.
I’ve been pondering putting together an official GBATemp CFW guide page that takes the best of all worlds and of course references the major player’s sites. I requested/received Wiki access a few months ago and haven’t done much with it. been planning on making a “what’s current” page for homebrew and common issues FAQ sort of thing, but CFW challenges seem to be the bulk of our questions here. I don’t want to do it unilaterally and cause more contention about methods than what already exists.

Any takers?
While it might sound like a good idea on paper, it compounds the currently existing problem: the lack of a universally agreed upon source of information. There are already good guides and compendiums of information about Switch hacking. The problem is there are multiple of them and this causes a lot of confusion. Trying to remedy the problem by adding another tutorial is doing the same thing as everyone else. What the community really needs to do is pick one site as the definitive source of Switch hacking. I've always recommended the switch.homebrew.guide. not only because its the first guide to have ever been released nor because its been updated regularly as the scene progressed but it has everything guides that came after it include. Arguably, instructions on how to swap from SX OS to Atmosphere or setup a modchip should be included in this website or the hypothetical objective Switch hacking guide but I can muster some reasons as to why that shouldn't be. For starters, changing from SX OS to Atmosphere is a misnomer as it gives the idea that CFW are actually installed and require a complicated set of instructions in order to change when in reality, they're just files that you can either move around or keep together. As for the modchip, the setup is more involved than a few files and its definitely not noob friendly which normal Switch hacking guides should primarily be designed for.

All in all, adding yet another Switch hacking page to the plethora of already available ones will unknowingly cause more contention. The true solution is for the community to band together and decide on one already existing site as the de facto hub of Switch homebrew.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no point for a guide on how to update CFW because all you're doing is updating the files. Its literally as simple as deleting the old CFW files and folders then putting the new ones on the SD card. Guides that have a section on this are on the same level as clickbait because you're basically making a guide on how to copy and paste files. Not to mention that the contents of a CFW can change throughout its course as evidenced by Atmosphere multiple times. Its prudent to pay attention to the changelog to see what has been updated, removed, or added.

While it might sound like a good idea on paper, it compounds the currently existing problem: the lack of a universally agreed upon source of information. There are already good guides and compendiums of information about Switch hacking. The problem is there are multiple of them and this causes a lot of confusion. Trying to remedy the problem by adding another tutorial is doing the same thing as everyone else. What the community really needs to do is pick one site as the definitive source of Switch hacking. I've always recommended the switch.homebrew.guide. not only because its the first guide to have ever been released nor because its been updated regularly as the scene progressed but it has everything guides that came after it include. Arguably, instructions on how to swap from SX OS to Atmosphere or setup a modchip should be included in this website or the hypothetical objective Switch hacking guide but I can muster some reasons as to why that shouldn't be. For starters, changing from SX OS to Atmosphere is a misnomer as it gives the idea that CFW are actually installed and require a complicated set of instructions in order to change when in reality, they're just files that you can either move around or keep together. As for the modchip, the setup is more involved than a few files and its definitely not noob friendly which normal Switch hacking guides should primarily be designed for.

All in all, adding yet another Switch hacking page to the plethora of already available ones will unknowingly cause more contention. The true solution is for the community to band together and decide on one already existing site as the de facto hub of Switch homebrew.
Yeah…that’s the tall weeds I’ve been avoiding. Appreciate the feedback. It confirms my thoughts. Imma keep out of the fray.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah…that’s the tall weeds I’ve been avoiding. Appreciate the feedback. It confirms my thoughts. Imma keep out of the fray.
While I may not be a Switch developer, I made up for my lack of programming by closely following the scene since the month before Fusee Gelee leaked. I've bore witness to many developments as they happened live from the release of SX OS, LayereFS backup launching, ReSwitched Drama, and everything else noteworthy in between. That also includes the myriad of guides and repositories people built while the scene was developing. Some were in the form of threads located on this very site while others were FAQs such as this one that was created by one of my friends. However as you can see, it wasn't even originally created by him and he voluntarily chose to take over and update it himself.

Its not that I don't think you wouldn't be able to maintain such a host of information yourself. You've very clearly shown your own knowledge as well as contributions to the Switch hacking scene that speaks to your abilities. However, people need to stop solely relying on themselves as the "savior" or "solution". The Switch hacking community is first and foremost a community so people need to work together, not individually. Unfortunately, that sense of companionship does get lost in scenes when drama or fame get involved. But its something that is starkly lacking from the Switch hacking scene which is mind boggling since even the 3DS scene has a universally accepted guide that scene was full of people who contributed to the Switch as well.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As Draxzelex mentioned above, it's really just a matter of copying some files. I usually don't like overwriting stuff, as that can leave garbage files behind, or even create conflicts between old and new files. So what I do is this:

1. Erase everything in the "bootloader" folder except "hekate_ipl.ini" and "nyx.ini"
2. Erase "atmosphere" folder.
3. Copy the new firmware files (obtained from darthsternie) in a folder on the root of SD card.
4. Extract the new Atmosphere to the SD card.
5. Extract the new Hekate to the SD card.
6. If you want reboot_payload to bring you back to Hekate instead of rebooting Atmosphere, do the following:
Go into "bootloader" folder, and copy the file "update.bin". Paste it in the "atmosphere" folder and rename it to "reboot_payload.bin"
7. Copy the new sigpatches to the SD card.
8. Run daybreak and install the new firmware.

That's the basic way of manually updating your CFW and new firmware. If you want to also install sysmodules, you do that afterwards.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Conoquente

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Help please.

Guys, im got a new error after copy and paste a game into my sd card. (now its fat32).

the error is: missing lp0 sleep
missing minerva
update bootloader folder

i don't get it, because i was playing normally FF7 reunion recently

What should i do? I haven't found any guide that is useful to me.

Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help please.

Guys, im got a new error after copy and paste a game into my sd card. (now its fat32).

the error is: missing lp0 sleep
missing minerva
update bootloader folder

i don't get it, because i was playing normally FF7 reunion recently

What should i do? I haven't found any guide that is useful to me.

Thanks.
Those are the Hekate files. Did you do anything else besides copy and pasting the game onto your SD card? Did you delete any files or folders? At any rate, you can download the Hekate files again from its respective GitHub page.

Reactions: Conoquente

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah. I tried 2 websites, but i think they are the same files. I really dont want o reinstall the game over and over. I have pretty slow wifi so it takes at least 3 hours every time i want to reinstall it. Can I not just delete the 100 mb that awoo installer loaded and thats it? Where do the files from the nsp go on the micro sd?
DBI should be able to clean up failed installation files. And while you're in DBI, try to install your game again with it. Who knows, it might work? If it doesn't, the problem is definitely your nsp files are corrupt.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mig switch already has a v2 lol
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    How we doin' in here?
    OGSniper @ OGSniper: How we doin' in here?